madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    PalmFace:
    All that aging stuff is just too much effort for me, when there are perfectly good cigars available to smoke right now.
    I like your attitude.
    geeez guys... you dont have to do a damn thing to age cigars... you just have to let them sit there.
    That letting them sit there is harder than you make it out to be .... And before one of you smartasses comes along and say send all your smokes to me, NO. I've been around long enough to know someone is going say that, lol.
    Send your cigars to me, I'll age them...but only the good ones.

LOL, Where the hell would you put 'em? Unless something has drastically changed you fill every inch of storage you have with in minutes of purchasing or making it.
    I can always buy another cooler. Wink [;)] And I'll have you know that I'm up to about 300 sq inches of open space that I haven't done a thing to fill. Big Smile [:D] My goal is to be down to one storage unit by 2015.
    It took me almost two years of buying pretty much nothing to go from what I had down to about 100 sticks in stock now. At one point I had the two 12 bottle VinoTemps and my 50 ct AND a tupperdor ... ridiculous.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Steve2010:
    remember that they're hand-rolled . . . . . I normally cut an 1/8th of an inch to start, test draw, cut a little more, test, and so on...until the draw is where I think it should be
    Steve already summed up everything I was going to say already so I'll just add a +1 to this part of it.

Seriously, this is what I do on every cigar. I don't think I've ever run into draw problems after a cigar is lit if it feels fine prelight.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    PalmFace:
    All that aging stuff is just too much effort for me, when there are perfectly good cigars available to smoke right now.
    I like your attitude.
    geeez guys... you dont have to do a damn thing to age cigars... you just have to let them sit there.
    That letting them sit there is harder than you make it out to be .... And before one of you smartasses comes along and say send all your smokes to me, NO. I've been around long enough to know someone is going say that, lol.
    Send your cigars to me, I'll age them...but only the good ones.

LOL, Where the hell would you put 'em? Unless something has drastically changed you fill every inch of storage you have with in minutes of purchasing or making it.
    I can always buy another cooler. Wink [;)] And I'll have you know that I'm up to about 300 sq inches of open space that I haven't done a thing to fill. Big Smile [:D] My goal is to be down to one storage unit by 2015.
    It took me almost two years of buying pretty much nothing to go from what I had down to about 100 sticks in stock now. At one point I had the two 12 bottle VinoTemps and my 50 ct AND a tupperdor ... ridiculous.
    I don't think I ever want to not have a lot of cigars, I enjoy an aged cigar, and feel I'll have a greater appreciation when the age is due to my patience and care. The thing about that is, my ideas of what I want to collect and age have changed dramatically since I started getting serious (read as crazy).

Kinda way off topic, but how did things ever go with you and pipe smoking? I recall you were pretty gung-ho a few years ago. I was actually reading through that old thread this morning.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The thing about that is, my ideas of what I want to collect and age have changed dramatically since I started getting serious (read as crazy).
    This is my issue too and why I've decided that the large collection and aging just aren't my thing. I had boatloads of tats, JdN and DPG cigars that I really loved but I smoke less and less of those now. And honestly I didn't notice a huge difference in the cigar over a few years. I've learned some of my favorite powerhouses from back then aren't as flavorful and complex once it loses the pepper. I know this is my perception but isn't that all that matters?
    j0z3r:
    Kinda way off topic, but how did things ever go with you and pipe smoking? I recall you were pretty gung-ho a few years ago. I was actually reading through that old thread this morning.
    I still have my pipes still pull them out occasionally but I realized I enjoy the beauty of the pipe more than smoking them. My wife's grandfather gave me his old pipe collection nothing super valuable(except possible a meerschaum kaywoodie that no one has seen before) but very nice. I restored one myself, sent the meerschaum kaywoodie off to have the stem straightened and given the ozone treatment. We're living in an apartment at the moment so they are still boxed up but when we find a new house I plan to have at minimum a pipe/cigar cabinet to hold/display pipes and things I've collected.
  • Options
    I did smoke an original Nording last night though one from the box split I did with the boys here. That had to have been 3 maybe 4 years ago. Still have one more left too. Took a pic, I'll have to post it up later when I'm not on the work pc.