Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Okay, Had Stick B today - It was the box-pressed.

Pretty sure this was a Cameroon wrapper - When I first pulled it out of the humi to have it I noticed it was pretty spongy, and after I've smoked it I wish I'd dry boxed it a bit first because it had some burn issues that I think were related directly to the spongyness.

This thing was pretty neat though - I'm not a huge fan of cameroon wrappers but I do enjoy them without a doubt. The stick was quite mild and very very very consistant. I mean, so consistant in taste that it was almost bad because I got so used to the taste. About 2 inches in I had to take a swig of Dr. Pepper after every couple draws to make sure I could taste it because it was so smooth and consistant.
    I've had a ccom cameroon label and a CAO cameroon before, and I don't believe it's either of those... So I'm going to go with a shot in the dark guess of a La Aurora Cameroon?
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    That would be a 5 vegas miami box press good sir.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    That would be a 5 vegas miami box press good sir.
    Haha, I'm not so good at this, me thinks :-P

But hey - that's the first 5 vegas miami I've had - and I've been looking to have one of those to see what I thought! Also my first Don Pepin. That's pretty exciting, lol
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:
    I received Ross' sticks today and boy I'm really excited to try them! Couple of churchills and a Box-pressed, all smelling good too! I'm going to let them have a couple days of rest and I'll try the first one :-D

ALSO! I still need a mystery mooch!!!!!!
    OK I'm ready to try the Mystery game again so I'll be your mooch. And do you work at one of my favorite places in Carson City?
    KK PMed ya back! You can wiat till you get my sticks, or go ahead and look for a mooch now
    Well since this game moves a little slower than the other games I will indeed ask "who want's to be my mooch?"

Trying to follow this thread and I don't see any other replies, so unless someone has beaten me to it, I'll be your mystery mooch !!!!

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    MrMoke:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:
    I received Ross' sticks today and boy I'm really excited to try them! Couple of churchills and a Box-pressed, all smelling good too! I'm going to let them have a couple days of rest and I'll try the first one :-D

OK I'm ready to try the Mystery game again so I'll be your mooch. And do you work at one of my favorite places in Carson City?
    KK PMed ya back! You can wiat till you get my sticks, or go ahead and look for a mooch now
    Well since this game moves a little slower than the other games I will indeed ask "who want's to be my mooch?"

Trying to follow this thread and I don't see any other replies, so unless someone has beaten me to it, I'll be your mystery mooch !!!!

Great! Pm your info and I'll get 'em out to you.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    MrMoke:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:

Great! Pm your info and I'll get 'em out to you.

PM in your inbox, good sir!

• Options
    Got my mystery sticks from Gad yesterday and boy do they look tasty! Can't wait to find out all my guesses are wrong!
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Got my mystery sticks from Gad yesterday and boy do they look tasty! Can't wait to find out all my guesses are wrong!
    I can't wait either, buddy! I hope you like em! Or don't like em - it'll be interesting either way!

Word of wise for Stick 3 - cut it, don't punch it. Always seems better for me that way.
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Jdorais:
    I can't wait either, buddy! I hope you like em! Or don't like em - it'll be interesting either way!

Word of wise for Stick 3 - cut it, don't punch it. Always seems better for me that way.
    Ok, so I don't usually write a long review of the mystery sticks, but it seems that recently you guys have been doing that, soooooo I will try to give cigar A a worthy review:

The first thing I noticed about cigar A is it has quit a bit of "heft" to it and a really tight pack. The construction looks great, and the wrapper has a nice deep mahagony hue to it. Reminds me of a Casa Magna. Could this be the answer? We'll have to see

Pre light draw had a nice chocolaty and sweet tobacco taste. It lit without much effort and the first thing I noticed is how rich and velvety the smoke was. I was immediately hit with a luxurious coating of oil on my tongue. This is probably why you might have warned me to cut v.s. punch?

7PM

The first third- Off to a great start! Just the right amount of resistance on the draw and a straight razor sharp burn. I'm getting a really nice earthy and chocolate taste with a really long pepper zing finish. I mean really long, like in your face long. I'd put this cigar in the med-full category. The first ash fell of after about an inch.

The second third- This stick is great! Still enjoying the perfect burn and draw. The oily coating has subdued a bit and the peppery finish has calmed down as well. The chocolate flavor is still there but now there's more coffee and a hint of leather as well. There is also a nice earthy background note going on as well. I still think this is a med-full stick. I find I'm really liking this cigar.

Final Third. Maybe its the double scotch, but this stick is giving me a nice head buzz. I now place this in the full category. Flawless burn. Flawless taste. This is what a full flavor cigar should taste like. Flavors have mellowed at bit but the in your face black pepper finish is back with a vengance. There's a great consistency in the flavor profile. Still enjoying the chocolate, coffee, leather and earthy notes. Wait. Is that a touch of bitterness I taste? Why yes it is. Not a bad bitterness; just the right amount. I'm thinking how grateful I am that I had a giant bowl of my homemade beef chili for dinner before conquering this cigar!

8:30 P.M

I nubbed this fugger! All in all this was a great stick with strong flavors and perfect construction and burn. At first I thought this was the Casa Magna, but now I have changed my mind and say its a MOW Ruination Robusto #1.

Hail to The Beard

• Options
    Got my mystery sticks from Jd today, he's a great BOTL, included a couple of hitchhikers. An interesting trio, I'm gonna have fun with these. My mail carrier usually comes at around 10:30am so since they have been sitting in my mailbox for 7 hours in the balmy SE Texas climate, I'm going to let em rest in the humi till Saturday at least, thanks for putting a water pillow in there with them Jd it helps! I've noticed the difference in sticks i get from ccom versus other places that don't use em.

I might get a chance to burn them up at the B&M this weekend too, so I don't have to sit outside with either heat & humidity during the daytime; or mosquitoes at night, some choice eh?

I'm not going to be able to get anything out tomorrow, but that does give me time to creatively put together some mystery sticks over the weekend for shipping out Monday. So ........... I need to ask .........

Who's going to be my Mystery Mooch?

• Options
    Okay, Remind me which stick this one was... I sent two out of celo and one in celo. I KNOW this isn't a review of the one in celo - haha! But of the other two, They were about the same size but one was slightly darker than the other, right? So which one of those two was this one?
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Okay, Remind me which stick this one was... I sent two out of celo and one in celo. I KNOW this isn't a review of the one in celo - haha! But of the other two, They were about the same size but one was slightly darker than the other, right? So which one of those two was this one?
    Well lets see... according your packing list Cigar A was the smallest of the 3.
  • Options
    That one, My friend - Was a Padilla Miami!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Hey Gad, have you smoked stick C yet? Did I miss it?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    heh, too many people smoking at the same time. I think that's why there is only supposed to be one person smoking mystery sticks at a time!
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    That one, My friend - Was a Padilla Miami!
    Ok, see that's what so great about this game and why I enjoy it so much. I love me most Padilla blends and have enjoyed the miami many times in many different sizes, but never had I experienced the flavors this one put out. I could have sworn it was a ruination! Ok so the wind has died down and I'm going to smoke the other unwrapped one tonight. I think its cigar B.
  • Options
    Duder2:
    I haven't yet - This week has been... well, Nuckin' futs for me. Working Post office and hotel - Been doing 7am-11pm for 5 days, then had last two days off of the hotel so only worked the post office and I think I've spent a total of an hour at home that wasn't sleeping. If I don't get to it today or tomorrow, I'll get it on Sunday, me thinks!
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Duder2:
    I haven't yet - This week has been... well, Nuckin' futs for me. Working Post office and hotel - Been doing 7am-11pm for 5 days, then had last two days off of the hotel so only worked the post office and I think I've spent a total of an hour at home that wasn't sleeping. If I don't get to it today or tomorrow, I'll get it on Sunday, me thinks!

7am - 11pm ?????

That gives you a whole 8 hours to smoke cigars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    heh, too many people smoking at the same time. I think that's why there is only supposed to be one person smoking mystery sticks at a time!

I guess I won't hurry mine, then! Don't want to add to the confusion, I wait till Jd says he's smoking stick C for sure, so I'll be ready to follow right on after.

• Options
    GadwinDuil.

did I miss your reveiw of the last stick?
  • Options
    MrMoke:
    TatuajeVI:

I guess I won't hurry mine, then! Don't want to add to the confusion, I wait till Jd says he's smoking stick C for sure, so I'll be ready to follow right on after.

Well sheet, I'd better get to smoking! Don't want to make Mr Moke wait too long!
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    GadwinDuil.

did I miss your reveiw of the last stick?
    I haven't had it yet - But I promise I'll have it tonight after work!

Well, a female co-worker of mine may come over after work - is she does, then no smoking for me... BUT SOON!
  • Options
    Just finished cigar B. Nice mild stick with a light wrapper. Not going to do a big review on this one. So with that said, the cigar had a nice even consistent burn with a light sweet tobacco flavor. Reminds me of a 5 Vegas gold. So yeah, that's my guess. A 5 Vegas Gold Churchill.

Am I close?

Jeff
  • Options
    You got me confused again - lol. Is that one the one in celo or the other one that was out of celo? Because earlier you said you were going to smoke the "other unwrapped one next" which I'm pretty sure I labeled as cigar C, but your review sounds like the one in celo which should have been cigar B?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    A thought for next time Ryan: when you unband the cigars, take a marker and mark which letter it is on the band, that way there is no confusion later. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    A thought for next time Ryan: when you unband the cigars, take a marker and mark which letter it is on the band, that way there is no confusion later. :)
    I didn't tie bands on them or anything - but I did send a little piece of paper with them describing them and labeling them that way... But I'm pretty easy to confuse!

Also, In hindsight I realize that last one he had MUST be stick B, because there is no way he could mistake Stick C as a churchill.

Stick B is in fact a Perdomo Lot 23 Toro. I find it extremely awesome that you guessed 5 Vegas Gold, because when I had my first Lot 23, I wrote a review over in the "Rating and Reviews" forum and specifically said "I would call this a stereotypical mild. Reminded me a lot of a 5 Vegas Gold."

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/145944.aspx

Also, While I am writing this, I am enjoying Sitck C from Rossdavey. And I am so serious.... I am enjoying this.... Soooooooo Muuuuuuuccccchhhhh........
    I'm about 2 inches in and literally from the first draw after lighting, this thing has been so amazing. Very light smoke, decently loose draw while still giving just slight resistance, tons of smooth smoke and a really nice underlying chocolate taste. I honestly could see myself smoking this thing all the time.

I don't want to make a guess too early, but I'm going to... Padilla 1932?
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    j0z3r:
    I didn't tie bands on them or anything - but I did send a little piece of paper with them describing them and labeling them that way... But I'm pretty easy to confuse!
    Should have been more clear, I meant write the letter on the band you take off the cigar and keep it for your own use. Also, if you take a three scraps of paper marked A, B and C and either put them inside the cello or tape them outside the cello, it's very helpful....for cigars without a cello, well find one that fits. :) Just trying to be helpful, not saying it has to be this one way.
  • Options
    I completely understand whatcha mean, jozer! Not argueing with you in the slightest. I do wish I'd thought the labelling/organizaiton through a little better so I didn't get so mixed up, haha. Live and learn, I guess.

Ross, I need you online, This freaking moment to tell me what Stick C was. Because that thing was amazing. Just, Wow. Lol!
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    I completely understand whatcha mean, jozer! Not argueing with you in the slightest. I do wish I'd thought the labelling/organizaiton through a little better so I didn't get so mixed up, haha. Live and learn, I guess.
    It's all good as long as we're all having fun. :)
  • Options
    Stick C was a Graycliff 1666 with about 2-3 months on it before it was sent out.