Mystery Stick Game

1424344454648»

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Still a great smoke though!
  • Options
    based on the appearance, that was actually my original guess... but the flavors were bigger than I remembered... I'm gonna have to get a few more!
  • Options
    so who is next? I know we had someone lined up but I probably ruined that... let me know who wants to jump in and I'll get some sticks out today!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    killed it! lol again... lol
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    JUST.... NEED.... SOME.... ONE........ TO........ GO................................NEXT.................... PLEASE...... HELP.................
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    You still have one left Robby. That will take you at least 2 months.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    robbyras:
    lcpleel:
    JUST.... NEED.... SOME.... ONE........ TO........ GO................................NEXT.................... PLEASE...... HELP.................

Oh! I think that's me.
  • Options
    sweet... PM me your info and I'll get them out tomorrow
  • Options
    PM away!
  • Options
    Rob has encouraged me to begin smoking my mysteries, so I'll get the first one sampled tonight and my guess up tomorrow. Let's keep this game rolling. . . Who's up next?
  • Options
    So I started in the middle:

It's a 6x60 with an oily maduro wrapper, very light tooth. Prelight it has a bittersweet smell from head to foot. The first third is dominated by hints of chocolate and a barnyard flavor, there's also some faint anise to it. In the 2nd third the barnyard falls away and the anise comes in a little more distinctly but the chocolate flavors remain the dominant aspect. I haven't gotten into the last third yet, but I'm really enjoying it and I'm ready to guess: I think it's a My Uzi Weighs a Ton.
  • Options
    NICE... I'm glad you got started and you enjoyed it! What was the smoke time on this beast? I can't ever seem to get through a 6x60... after 2 hours, I'm usually burnt... no pun intended...

unfortunately... you were a little off on the wrapper, which I think pointed you in the wrong direction...

2012-02-21_15-35-41_212
  • Options
    Wow, I thought I had that one. lol. But I enjoyed it and I'm going to have to get some more. Thank you for introducing me to a new cigar.

I'm not sure how long it would've burned...I had to set it down at about 2 hours and there was probably another thirty minutes left in it.
  • Options

Prelight: head and foot smell like hay. looks like it’s 7x48 figurado with a dark habano or Cameroon? wrapper. Prelight draw offers some sweetness and something I can’t identify. I punched it and used a match for lighting. If the first few puffs, during the narrow, nipple part, are any indication of the wrapper’s qualities, it’s spicy, which makes me think habano. As it moves into the larger ring the flavor is becoming sweeter; even so, I’m not thinking Cameroon anymore. Wait, now that I’ve reached the full ring size, I feel certain it’s Cameroon. The particular sweetness of a Cameroon seems fully present now, and this cigar is starting to seem familiar but I don’t trust my instincts after my first mystery attempt.

Now that I’m past the first quarter-inch, the flavors are developing into a more complex array. The aroma now has a nutty scent, but I’m not sure if I’m getting that on the retrohale. Mostly I think I’m getting the taste of tobacco, but there’s something that flits by on the last little bit from my nose. It goes by so quickly I’m not sure what I’m experiencing.

Getting into the first inch, the nut flavor is more readily present, but still subtle (at least for me), the cigar is settling in well with a smooth and steady stream of smoke. It’s medium to light-medium in body at the moment, and becoming quite enjoyable. The smoke has a dry mouth feel and there’s a slight sweetness on the tongue, but it’s not what I associate with a Cameroon, still. . .Transitioning into the second inch, the sweetness is becoming apparent on the nose as well. It really isn’t a strong flavor though, very mild, gentle sort of sweet. It’s not a flavor I associate with a habano wrapper at all, nor is it the cloying flavor I think of when I think Cameroon.

Moving into the second third, the mouth feel is damper but particularly so. It’s just not a dry mouth feel anymore, and the body has developed a little so that it is more solidly medium than before. The sweetness is more pronounced and I’m picking up that same spice from the prelight on the nose…a sweet spice, like clove, but I’m not sure that’s quite right. The burn is good, not perfect but not ragged enough to damage the experience. Considering that there are frequent gusts of wind it seems excellent for the conditions. A little further in, the spice has become more complex and the sweetness is taking a subordinate role. I can’t distinguish the different flavors exactly, but I’m getting a couple of spices and a sweetness like molasses. There’s a kind of earthy underlay holding it all together. A few puffs later, the profile is changing again. There’s more of a leather than earth now. And the spice has diminished also. I let it sit but it seems a bit bitter. I’m not sure if I puffed it too fiercely or not…

I’m a little past the half-way point and it’s not going well. After a little sit, I picked it up and the draw has tightened and the flavors are a bit charred. I let it sit again and gave a little pokey-pokey, but sadly it hasn’t improved.

So, my guess: I’m not sure, but is it an Arturo Fuente Hemingway?
  • Options
    Nice write up! I'm sorry it got wonky toward the end, but it sounds like ti was a good smoke while you could smoke it. The wrapper, as far as I know, is a Pennsylvania Broadleaf maduro. I've only smoked one of these but I got many of the same flavors that you did, though I didn't have the issues... You gave this one high praise with your guess... but it's was actually:

2012-02-24_11-45-51_175

5 Vegas Freedom Blend Special Figurado
  • Options
    Finally got the last one smoked!

Mystery stick C appears to be 6x48 with a pigtail and triple cap, a closed foot and a beautiful habano wrapper with a reddish hue and lots of tooth. The stick is firm and lightly box pressed. Unfortunately there’s a large vein running the length of the cigar. Otherwise, this is one of the prettiest wrapper leaves I think I’ve seen. The head smells faintly of hay and the foot’s aroma is so faint I can’t tell what I sense. A second sniff at the foot suggests hay and an earthy sweetness. I snipped it with a guillotine and the prelight draw tastes fresh and clean. . .I’m not sure how to describe it: the word herbs comes to mind but so does fresh water. The first draw is spicy in the nose. The spice quickly settles down and mixes with an earthy flavor. The fresh flavor is present in the mouth and lips as the smoke enters the mouth. After the first inch, the spice is joined by the sweetness I smelled on the foot.

At the second third the flavors merge and I can’t distinguish them anymore, but it tastes delicious. The smoke is plentiful and light on the tongue. Probably medium to light-medium in body with a medium finish and the burn is clean with a bright white ash. There’s a crisp flavor on the nose that reminds me of the fresh flavor from the first third and the sweet flavor develops into caramel.

In the last third, the body develops a little and the flavors rest a little heavier on the palate. The spice is a little stronger in the nose and accentuates the earth and caramel, which is less sweet now.

Thank you for sending this one my way. It was a fantastic cigar and I'd love to smoke more of them. There’s something about it that seems familiar, but habano wrapper is all I’ve got.
  • Options
    Im on the road so i dont have a pick of the band to share, but it was a Camacho Pre Embardo... im glad you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Thanks, Rob! It was very tasty.

So who's up next?
  • Options
    Bump...who wants to play?
  • Options
    Mephisto:
    Bump...who wants to play?
    ill play,.
  • Options
    Excellent. . .pm me your info and I'll get a package out to you pronto!
  • Options
    Bump. . .lclpeel...did the package land?
  • Options
    Sorry. I got the package and even smoked the 3 sticks. I have to transfer my notes from the ipad over to the forums. Ill have all 3 up later tonight. Great adds as well. Ill post all pics with the guess.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! Just realized were still playing a game I started off the black band project(for those who remember that) about 2 years ago! Play on bros! I'll be jumping in soon!
  • Options
    Stick: A corona.
    Appearance: coffee brown with very minimal veins with a firm pack. Draw: nice and easy with a slight resistance Light: Cedar spill ISmoke is thick,. Smooth finish leaving notes of pepper on the palate and a rich aftertaste of Earth. Vegi every inch or so. I liked it!

My Guess: Tatuaje VI

Stick: B torpedo.
    Appearance: Dark Brown no visible veisn but when clipped there was a stump inside... Draw: plugged Light: 3 matches The cigar was plugged and Im not going to dock it for that. From the flavors I could pick up it was a damn good smoke. The burn on this stick was a little off but it would always correct itself. Started out with a strong acidic taste but quickly went to a nice cocoa and coffee. What tripped me out about this smoke was the slight grassy taste that came every once in a while with a leather after taste. I liked it!

My Guess: Oliva V

Stick: C Double Toro.
    Appearance: Light brown "Golden" Fvcken HUGE. Draw: Easy to draw Light: Cedar Spill This thing is flippen HUGE. a simple clip with the xikar and we are off! thick creamy smoke. Medium at best. Got tons of nut, earth, and coffee. I normally dont like thick cigars but thing was good. Ash held amazingly for about 3 inches. I liked it!

My Guess: Golden Bear (Because I dont like thick RG cigars I havent tried too many). <BR
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Appearance: coffee brown with very minimal veins with a firm pack. Draw: nice and easy with a slight resistance Light: Cedar spill ISmoke is thick,. Smooth finish leaving notes of pepper on the palate and a rich aftertaste of Earth. Vegi every inch or so. I liked it!

Appearance: Dark Brown no visible veisn but when clipped there was a stump inside... Draw: plugged Light: 3 matches The cigar was plugged and Im not going to dock it for that. From the flavors I could pick up it was a damn good smoke. The burn on this stick was a little off but it would always correct itself. Started out with a strong acidic taste but quickly went to a nice cocoa and coffee. What tripped me out about this smoke was the slight grassy taste that came every once in a while with a leather after taste. I liked it!

Appearance: Light brown "Golden" Fvcken HUGE. Draw: Easy to draw Light: Cedar Spill This thing is flippen HUGE. a simple clip with the xikar and we are off! thick creamy smoke. Medium at best. Got tons of nut, earth, and coffee. I normally dont like thick cigars but thing was good. Ash held amazingly for about 3 inches. I liked it!

My Guess: Golden Bear (Because I dont like thick RG cigars I havent tried too many).

I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your guesses, but I'm glad you enjoyed them. Here's the unveiling, A to C from top to bottom:

Four Kicks
    E.P. Carrillo Elencos
    My Uzi Weighs a Ton
  • Options
    Mephisto:
    lcpleel:

My Guess: Golden Bear (Because I dont like thick RG cigars I havent tried too many).

I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your guesses, but I'm glad you enjoyed them. Here's the unveiling, A to C from top to bottom:

Four Kicks
    E.P. Carrillo Elencos
    My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    Hahhaa I haven't tried any of those. *** looks like I was way off. I'm glad I got to try them. Thanks agin!
    next up?