Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Stick C rocked! Preflight great tobacco and supporting flavors that I couldn't distinguish...lol good spice throughout the first half that mellowed out into a chewy leather and an oaky flavor. Construction wise it was a shorter beefy stick with a nice dark brown wrapper and it tapered back in a torpedo fashion but didn't come to fine point. Marty and I were chatting while I was smoking it and my first guess was wrong. I guessed Casa magna colorado but I was wrong. So I'm going with Liga privada t52
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Stick C rocked! Preflight great tobacco and supporting flavors that I couldn't distinguish...lol good spice throughout the first half that mellowed out into a chewy leather and an oaky flavor. Construction wise it was a shorter beefy stick with a nice dark brown wrapper and it tapered back in a torpedo fashion but didn't come to fine point. Marty and I were chatting while I was smoking it and my first guess was wrong. I guessed Casa magna colorado but I was wrong. So I'm going with Liga privada t52
    Ooooo..... close guess! It was JDN Antono Consul. I've been smoking a lot of these lately. Great review, E. You nailed the flavor profiles on the head.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    Ooooo..... close guess! It was JDN Antono Consul. I've been smoking a lot of these lately. Great review, E. You nailed the flavor profiles on the head.
    awesome smoke! Thanks again for the great sticks Marty! Thanks, I'm def not great at reviews....lol
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    awesome smoke! Thanks again for the great sticks Marty! Thanks, I'm def not great at reviews....lol
    You're welcome, E. Great job on the reviews. Glad you enjoyed the sticks.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Thanks Marty! Ok so who's next?
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I want in on this...
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    I want in on this...
    PM me your info and I'll get them out to you bro
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    Stick B: Ok this stick rocked! Pre light draw got some nice tobacco flavors. Wasn't expecting what I was gonna get on the first draw at all. This thing reached up and punched me in the mouth with tons of flavor and spicyness. Lots of great smoke and flavors all the way through. Some of the spicyness mellowed out about half way through but this was an amazing smoke. Sorry I'm not very good at reviews. Usually it's either this smoked was amazing, it was good, or that sucked....lol

My guess: Nestor Miranda Special Selection
    Wow. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I thought it was a solid, well-balanced cigar myself. It was an Alec Bradly Family Blend. I'm not a huge AB fan. But this and the Tempus Maduro are the only two I really enjoy.

It was a good guess. Very similar in strength and flavor profiles to the Nestor Miranda.
    Yeah the one I had, the one you sent me when I first joined the forum, it reminded me of it. Nestor Miranda that is. Should knock out C tonight hopefully!

Vinny are you going next?
    I would have bro but I'm on det for a while. I'll jump back in the rotation when I get back!
  • Options
    Okay. Started out with Stick B.
    Was the smallest RG out of the 3, I think it looks like about 5.5 x 55? Maybe a Sumatra?
    Nice rich brown box pressed stick that felt very springy.
    Punched with the Bugatti. The pre light draw was nice and sweet. Tobacco with barn yard and just a hint of floral. Toasted nice and slowly (think it took about 1 min).
    1st 10 min. good amount of smoke with nice sweetness and slight spice.
    About half way into it, very creamy and very nice change up. I got a lot nut, woodsy, cocoa and again very slight spice lots of sweetness. This thing is a very tasty cigar that would be very very nice with morning coffee.
    Towards the last 1inch on the cigar and more change up with leather, cocoa, and some cherry/raisins? The cigar is very familiure and I'm going to have to guess the 5 Vegas 55.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Was the smallest RG out of the 3, I think it looks like about 5.5 x 55? Maybe a Sumatra?
    Punched with the Bugatti. The pre light draw was nice and sweet. Tobacco with barn yard and just a hint of floral. Toasted nice and slowly (think it took about 1 min).
    About half way into it, very creamy and very nice change up. I got a lot nut, woodsy, cocoa and again very slight spice lots of sweetness. This thing is a very tasty cigar that would be very very nice with morning coffee.
    Towards the last 1inch on the cigar and more change up with leather, cocoa, and some cherry/raisins? The cigar is very familiure and I'm going to have to guess the 5 Vegas 55.
    you got it man! 5 Vegas classic is one of my favs and I'm glad to see you enjoyed it and congrats! Great job and review!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    you got it man! 5 Vegas classic is one of my favs and I'm glad to see you enjoyed it and congrats! Great job and review!
    How much time was on this? After I smoked the one you sent it made me want to buy a box of what ever it is. That was one of the best smokes in a while.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    How much time was on this? After I smoked the one you sent it made me want to buy a box of what ever it is. That was one of the best smokes in a while.
    wow that's really awesome, not too much it had 3 months on it.I find that vitola does really well for that blend. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it that much!
  • Options
    Stick A: Looks to me like a churchill 7x50?
    Maybe a habano?
    1st 10 min. Hardly any smoke. very tight draw.
    Trying to pick up some flavors from this stick but for some reason I cant seem to get anything, crazy. Hint of leather, and some tobacco. Towards the mid I'm praying this thing opens up. still very tight draw. no change in flavor. kind of gave up after an hour... my guess Gran Habano 3 SLS
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Stick A: Looks to me like a churchill 7x50?
    Maybe a habano?
    1st 10 min. Hardly any smoke. very tight draw.
    Trying to pick up some flavors from this stick but for some reason I cant seem to get anything, crazy. Hint of leather, and some tobacco. Towards the mid I'm praying this thing opens up. still very tight draw. no change in flavor. kind of gave up after an hour... my guess Gran Habano 3 SLS
    close! Gran habano vintage 2002, I'm really sorry to hear the draw was so tight. The ones I've smoked that sit next to it in the humi have smoked fine. If you'd like brother I can send you something else to replace it, again I'm sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Love this game... Not sure who is going next but get me on the list... don't want to cut anyone off so if there is someone in line, plug me in after them...
  • Options
    okay. Last stick.
    Torpedo maybe a 5x6?
    Feels solid
    Great contruction
    Pre-light aromas of cocoa and coffee beans.
    1st 10 min. Slow burning with nuts and a little bit of black pepper in the end.
    Mid point becomes more espresso and leather. Burns Razor sharp.
    Final 3rd. towards the end but still a hint of leather, pepper, espresso.
    I have to guess Diesel UC. This stick has AJ's name all over it.
    This has been very fun, sorry I took for ever. NEXT?
  • Options
    Blender is correct but not the stick. It is one of AJ's masterpieces but it is a MOW Ruination!
  • Options
    Damn. Great sticks. Great game. I'll have to smoke more mow's from now on.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    This has been very fun, sorry I took for ever. NEXT?
    I'm in if no one else is waiting!?!?!?
  • Options
    Send me your info
  • Options
    PM Sent!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Just curious where this one is at?? I feel like I'm ready to get back in this game.
  • Options
    you're up next... go ahead and PM me and Ill get some stuff together for you... My mystery sticks are on their way and I'll fire them up as soon as they get here...
  • Options
    got the sticks over the weekend... but i've been sick for a few days and haven't had much desire to smoke... I'll probably fire one up this weekend...
  • Options
    ok... so after getting over the flu AND crazy allergies, I finally had a smoke!

Stick A scared me off a little, so I fired up Stick B.

It was a Toro or Corona Grande... about 6x50... the wrapper looked to be Habano... Wrapper was perfect, burn and draw were awesome as well...
    strong ceder notes throughout... no pepper at all... the longer I smoked it the more I thought it just might be a Connie wrapper... I had nice medium flavors... nice woods and good tobacco notes... It was a consistent stick... nothing flashy but damn good all the way through...

my guess is Morro Castle... it looked like one and tasted like one...

am i even in the ball park?
  • Options
    It's a beautiful spring day so I thought I'd fire up Stick B -

it's a beast... looks like 6x60 with a dark rapper, probably Maduro or Sumatra... it smells like heaven!

I have some preconceived notions on this cigar... I feel like I know what it is before I smoked it... but I think I was wrong...

The burn and draw were perfect and it smoked for almost 2 hours... what a freakin treat! I had a little sweetness which had to come from the wrapper... It's gotta be Penn Broadleaf... it's a flavor bomb... lots of woody notes and some cocoa in there too... and it's an @ss kicker, luckily I had it after lunch...

I went into this believing I was about to smoke a Diesel Unlimited, but I think that is incorrect... It reminded me soooooo much of a smoke I recently had for the first time and I believe the are the same...

Is it Patel Bros?
  • Options
    I'm glad your enjoying the smokes but because I forgot what I sent and I'm on vacation I won't be able to confirm what it is till after the memorial day.
  • Options
    DOH! oh well... they were great... I will probably fire up stick C later this week... then I am off to Ireland... I sent the next batch to Evan so he can get going and I will try to log in when I am overseas...
  • Options
    Just picked this package up from the post office! I'm about to fire up stick "A" right now.
  • Options
    Had to put it out about half way through unfortunately, but from the second the flame touched, it screamed Camacho. I'm going to have to guess Camacho Select..?