Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88:
    Stick B

This is a 6 x 50 box pressed toro with a med brown wrapper. Very good construction. No visible veins or seams. It cuts nicely and draw is perfect. First few puffs are nice. Lots of cedar and spice. Some bitterness on the finish. Smoke output is decent. Burn is even. So far, so good.

Strength is med-full. Flavors are pretty typical, nothing standing out. Cedar, spice, leather with bitter after tastes. Burn and ash are pretty consistent through the halfway point. No problems.

In the second half, the bitterness really takes over. There's still some nice spice to it. Overall, a pretty one dimensional smoke. I'm gonna guess 5 Vegas Cask Strength.
    That's a really accurate review, actually. I totally agree with every part!

And..... You're right O.O

It was a Cask Strength II but still - You're right buddy.... /gasp
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    lilwing88:
    Stick B

This is a 6 x 50 box pressed toro with a med brown wrapper. Very good construction. No visible veins or seams. It cuts nicely and draw is perfect. First few puffs are nice. Lots of cedar and spice. Some bitterness on the finish. Smoke output is decent. Burn is even. So far, so good.

Strength is med-full. Flavors are pretty typical, nothing standing out. Cedar, spice, leather with bitter after tastes. Burn and ash are pretty consistent through the halfway point. No problems.

In the second half, the bitterness really takes over. There's still some nice spice to it. Overall, a pretty one dimensional smoke. I'm gonna guess 5 Vegas Cask Strength.

Yes!!! I finally got one right!

Gonna post up C soon......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Review C

This is a 5 x 50 robusto with a dark maduro wrapper. Good construction. A few visible veins. Good aromas from the foot. Cuts and toasts nicely. Nice draw and good smoke output. Very good flavors right off the bat. Spice, leather and dark chocolate. Slightly sweet aftertaste. Full bodied. A solid maduro.

Burn is pretty sharp through the first third and the ash holds on nicely an inch or two at a time. So far, I'm liking it. All the aspects of maduros that I like. Draw is perfect still. Lots of spice still. The chocolate and leather have mellowed out a bit. Sweetness is still lingering on the finish.

More of the same throgh the second third and into the end. I nubbed it. It was really good. I'm guessing a CAO Mx2.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Review C

This is a 5 x 50 robusto with a dark maduro wrapper. Good construction. A few visible veins. Good aromas from the foot. Cuts and toasts nicely. Nice draw and good smoke output. Very good flavors right off the bat. Spice, leather and dark chocolate. Slightly sweet aftertaste. Full bodied. A solid maduro.

Burn is pretty sharp through the first third and the ash holds on nicely an inch or two at a time. So far, I'm liking it. All the aspects of maduros that I like. Draw is perfect still. Lots of spice still. The chocolate and leather have mellowed out a bit. Sweetness is still lingering on the finish.

More of the same throgh the second third and into the end. I nubbed it. It was really good. I'm guessing a CAO Mx2.
    I actually sent you two of my top 5 favorite cigars, and this is one of them. It's pretty funny that you guessed CAO Mx2 because I was considering sending that one instead of this one.... I seriously had them both in my hand debating which one to send!!!!

But no, this wasn't the CAO Mx2 - It's a Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro. It's a cheapy, but man... one of my favorites :-D
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    GadwinDuil:
    lilwing88:
    Stick B

Yes!!! I finally got one right!

Gonna post up C soon......
    I think you deserve a reward... but we'll pretend I knew you were goign to get it right and that's why I sent you 5 mystery sticks instead of 3! That's you're reward! haha
  • Options
    Review D

This is about a 5.5 x 60 Robusto Gordo with a dark brown oily wrapper. Very nice looking stick. Great aromas from the foot. Cut using a Colibri and toasted with a single flame torch.

First third was nice. Lots of thick chewy smoke. Leather with a ton of spice. Some bitter chocolate on the finish. Burn is a little spotty and requires some touch ups. Ash is strong through the first inch and a half. This is really spicy. I'm liking it a lot, so far.

Strength and flavors have picked up into the second third. More leather and spice. Burn has evened out. This is a powerhouse of a cigar. Ash and smoke out put are consistent.

The final third is more of the same. I can feel the strength in my gut now. Glad I had a full stomach going in to this. I got it down to a decent nub before I called it quits. This was a very enjoyable cigar. Pretty complex. There were some other flavors I couldn't quite put my nose on. Maybe some nuttiness or dried fruit flavors? But overall, a top quality smoke. Whatever it is, it'll be a regular in my rotation. I'm going to guess Ave Maria. I'm basing my guess on the two that I've tried so far. The first one was a little rough, but the second one with a little rest, was great.
  • Options
    Great review! I'm really stoked you liked it so much! You're going to hit yourself in the head when you find out what it was though...

dun dun dun

Deisel Shorty :-P
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Great review! I'm really stoked you liked it so much! You're going to hit yourself in the head when you find out what it was though...

dun dun dun

Deisel Shorty :-P
    Aww man! That's one of my favorite sticks! How'd I miss that? I didn't even think it was a maduro!

• Options
    I have one review left but won't be able to get to it till later this week. (Thur or Fri) Till then, are there any takers on the next game? I can start putting the sticks together now.......
  • Options
    Enfidl was asking about getting in on the game earlier. Try asking him if he's interested!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    I'm gonna have to get in on this sometime, I think it's one of the few games I haven't done yet
    You still want in? You got it..... PM me your info. Big snow storm coming my way this week, so I won't be able to ship out till Fri at the earliest, maybe next week, but I'll get it ready for ya.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    I'm gonna have to get in on this sometime, I think it's one of the few games I haven't done yet
    You still want in? You got it..... PM me your info. Big snow storm coming my way this week, so I won't be able to ship out till Fri at the earliest, maybe next week, but I'll get it ready for ya.
    You know what I'm game! PM inbound bro, and no worries you send it when you send it. I've been watching that storm and it's gonna be NASTY!
  • Options
    Review E

This is a 6 x 50 maduro. Decent construction. Nice dark oily wrapper. Minimal veins. Pre-light aromas are cedar, hay and sweet tobacco. Toasts nicely with a good draw. Nice smoke out put. Initial flavors are cedar, dark chocolate and some leather. A little spice on the finish. Burn is even. Pretty enjoyable through the first third.

The second third was some more of the same. A little more spice. Strength is med - full. Burn is needing some touching up here and there, but not a huge problem. Still fairly enjoyable into the final third.

Unfortunately, this cigar doesn't finish very strong. Flavors have begun to dissipate and are replaced with a bitter chemical taste. The wrapper starts to crack and fall apart. I have to call it quits with about an inch anda half left. So, all in all, a decent smoke through the first two thirds. I'd definitely smoke this one again. That last third could have been a fluke. For my guess, I'll say RP Edge Maduro.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Review E

This is a 6 x 50 maduro. Decent construction. Nice dark oily wrapper. Minimal veins. Pre-light aromas are cedar, hay and sweet tobacco. Toasts nicely with a good draw. Nice smoke out put. Initial flavors are cedar, dark chocolate and some leather. A little spice on the finish. Burn is even. Pretty enjoyable through the first third.

The second third was some more of the same. A little more spice. Strength is med - full. Burn is needing some touching up here and there, but not a huge problem. Still fairly enjoyable into the final third.

Unfortunately, this cigar doesn't finish very strong. Flavors have begun to dissipate and are replaced with a bitter chemical taste. The wrapper starts to crack and fall apart. I have to call it quits with about an inch anda half left. So, all in all, a decent smoke through the first two thirds. I'd definitely smoke this one again. That last third could have been a fluke. For my guess, I'll say RP Edge Maduro.

I'm sad to hear this one exploded on you. It's potentially my favorite cigar! Usually the last 1/3rd is the best imo cause it gets a little stronger and the flavors are at their peak - me thinks... It was a La Gloria Cubana Series N!
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    lilwing88:
    Review E

I'm sad to hear this one exploded on you. It's potentially my favorite cigar! Usually the last 1/3rd is the best imo cause it gets a little stronger and the flavors are at their peak - me thinks... It was a La Gloria Cubana Series N!
    Wow. I was way off. I've had the N before and really liked it. I definitely think this was a fluke for the last third, cuz the first two thirds were really good. I'd get it again and recommend it for sure.

Well, thanks again Gadwin for the "super mystery stick" challenge. I hope I did ya proud.
  • Options
    You certainly did, bud. You got one right on the nose - which I've never seen happen before on this game, and your notes about what was good and bad about the cigars are very similar to my opinions too! Was a lot of fun :-) You did great!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Is this game dead? i hope not cause i wanna play :)
  • Options
    No Martin has a lot going on and I told him to take his time to get me the sticks whenever he can because they are nothing compared to the stuff he has going on. Although Vinny you wanna go after me?
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    No Martin has a lot going on and I told him to take his time to get me the sticks whenever he can because they are nothing compared to the stuff he has going on. Although Vinny you wanna go after me?
    Some sticks headed your way! Mailed out today, should have them by Mon. Thanks for the patience......
  • Options
    Cool, thanks brother! No need to thank me, what you had going on was by far way more important!
  • Options
    Got Marty's sticks yesterday, man these baby's look tasty! Can't wait to start going through them. Hoping to be able to knock out one or two this weekend.
  • Options
    Stick A:

Very nice looking torpedo that Marty sent me as stick A. Appears to be a Habano or Sumatra wrapper. Pre light draw I get a very classic tobacco taste. After lighting it and for the first half I got oak and woody flavors that developed into spice and leather afterwards. Great stick, I don't think I've ever had it before. It's gonna be hard to guess but I'm going:

God of Fire I had a different answer but something tells me this is it not what I had
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Stick A:

Very nice looking torpedo that Marty sent me as stick A. Appears to be a Habano or Sumatra wrapper. Pre light draw I get a very classic tobacco taste. After lighting it and for the first half I got oak and woody flavors that developed into spice and leather afterwards. Great stick, I don't think I've ever had it before. It's gonna be hard to guess but I'm going:

God of Fire I had a different answer but something tells me this is it not what I had
    Wow. God of Fire.... that's a huge compliment to this stick. It was a MOW Ruination. Bet you've had a ton of these before. Kinda different when you smoke one blind, huh?
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    Stick A:

Wow. God of Fire.... that's a huge compliment to this stick. It was a MOW Ruination. Bet you've had a ton of these before. Kinda different when you smoke one blind, huh?
    See my first impression of it when I saw it and smelled it was that. Then I held it up next to one of the torpedo ones I had and they were significantly different. It's true I have had tons of these and wow yeah smoking it blind really changed things. Just wondering was this one of the originals with a foot band or no? Fantastic smoke for sure. Should knock out B one night this week.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    Stick A:

See my first impression of it when I saw it and smelled it was that. Then I held it up next to one of the torpedo ones I had and they were significantly different. It's true I have had tons of these and wow yeah smoking it blind really changed things. Just wondering was this one of the originals with a foot band or no? Fantastic smoke for sure. Should knock out B one night this week.
    Yes. It was one of the originals with the foot band. I think the current belicoso is different in size, slightly.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:
    Stick A:

Yes. It was one of the originals with the foot band. I think the current belicoso is different in size, slightly.
    Yeah it is. That explains why it didn't match up...lol Thanks Marty, that was amazing. Who knew my fav stick could get even better by not knowing what was when I went to smoke it
  • Options
    Smoking stick B as we speak. So far all I can say is wow...
  • Options
    Stick B: Ok this stick rocked! Pre light draw got some nice tobacco flavors. Wasn't expecting what I was gonna get on the first draw at all. This thing reached up and punched me in the mouth with tons of flavor and spicyness. Lots of great smoke and flavors all the way through. Some of the spicyness mellowed out about half way through but this was an amazing smoke. Sorry I'm not very good at reviews. Usually it's either this smoked was amazing, it was good, or that sucked....lol

My guess: Nestor Miranda Special Selection
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Stick B: Ok this stick rocked! Pre light draw got some nice tobacco flavors. Wasn't expecting what I was gonna get on the first draw at all. This thing reached up and punched me in the mouth with tons of flavor and spicyness. Lots of great smoke and flavors all the way through. Some of the spicyness mellowed out about half way through but this was an amazing smoke. Sorry I'm not very good at reviews. Usually it's either this smoked was amazing, it was good, or that sucked....lol

Wow. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I thought it was a solid, well-balanced cigar myself. It was an Alec Bradly Family Blend. I'm not a huge AB fan. But this and the Tempus Maduro are the only two I really enjoy.

It was a good guess. Very similar in strength and flavor profiles to the Nestor Miranda.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    ENFIDL:

Wow. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I thought it was a solid, well-balanced cigar myself. It was an Alec Bradly Family Blend. I'm not a huge AB fan. But this and the Tempus Maduro are the only two I really enjoy.

It was a good guess. Very similar in strength and flavor profiles to the Nestor Miranda.
    Yeah the one I had, the one you sent me when I first joined the forum, it reminded me of it. Nestor Miranda that is. Should knock out C tonight hopefully!

Vinny are you going next?