Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

@Rdp77 , Reading the write-ups on the Palmetto, is it really similar to the Syrian Latakia? Or is that just hype? The Cyprian is good, I like it and have plenty, but the Syrian had a mystique of its own. Religious nuts and politicians just ruin everything, don't they?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    @Rdp77 , Reading the write-ups on the Palmetto, is it really similar to the Syrian Latakia? Or is that just hype? The Cyprian is good, I like it and have plenty, but the Syrian had a mystique of its own. Religious nuts and politicians just ruin everything, don't they?

For me it kind of falls in between. I agree with what Chris said about a certain “softness” and it definitely has a flavor different from most Latakia I’ve had. I really enjoy it. It approaches the flavor of KBV plague bringer which does have Syrian Latakia.

But yes, they do ruin everything lol

• Options

You’re welcome Chris, glad you’re enjoying it.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    1792 while Red Bluff bound.

Another Tin sized flake of 1792 for the trip back home.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like it could use a good waxing (bees' wax). You probably know all this but if not, here:
    https://paykocpipes.com/blog/our-guide-to-waxing-your-meerschaum-pipe/

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of reading about the history of briar pipes here:

https://www.alpascia.com/moments/en/topic/10

• Options

I’m going to have to open it up soon I guess. I didn’t realize it was fermented the same way they do a lot of perique. Sounds interesting.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I heard that they came across a small lot of really interesting Katerini leaf which was enjoyed and discussed at a pipe show and they decided to feature a perique version for this blend.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )