Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake in my Peterson Killarney Red 01 bent pot with a P-Lip stem from @Stubble. TYVM Steve!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Ken Byron Ventures - Embry's Banana Bread in my Ser Jacopo Dublin.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

KBV Live Wire in a Bay.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    IMP Rhodesian churchwarden

Nice pipe, Steve!

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

GLP Temple Bar in a Bay.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it taste Irish?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Did it taste Irish?

Don't know about Irish, but it is sweeter than most I have had .

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Trying out Gawith Hoggarth American Delight from @ShawnOL for the first time in my Norm Triptow cob. It appears to be a Va/Bur with Cavendish with some vanilla, caramel, and fruit toppings. TYVM Shawn, I'd been curious about this blend.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you're enjoying them, Chris. Wasn't sure if you have had any of them or not. I don't know much about pipe tobacco other than that is supposed to be a good brand.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

A very good brand with a long history, @ShawnOL, thanks again.

I'm smoking the remains of the second bowl of Kendal Black Cherry from the other day and it's gotten drier and stronger, with a nice, light cherry topping, I'm enjoying this blend, maybe the only cherry blend that I have enjoyed. I'm getting a nic hit too.

Smoking a small bowl of Edward G. Robinson blend in my Trevor Talbert Ligne Bretagne Long Billiard with the ravenswing rustication finish while glancing at "A Treasury of Great Recipes by Mary and Vincent Price" from 1961 which has little write ups and recipes from famous restaurants of the time like Sardis, Four Seasons, etc. The menus with the prices listed are hilarious.

@TXCigar12 said:

Nice looking pipe, what's the brand? How does Vanilla Cream compare to Vanilla Roll Cake if you've tried it?

• TXCigar12TXCigar12 Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster- I have no idea on the brand. Haha. Only got into pipes about a month or 2 ago. Was in Boston and just so happened to go in LJ Peretti's and they had 20 or so pipes in a bucket on sale for $35. I just picked this one but had no tags, stickers, etc and nothing on the actual pipe so your guess is as good as mine. The other couple I have are all corn cobb pipes so wanted to get something else to have. I have not tried the vanilla roll cake but might need to put that on the list of next purchases.