Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Upside down all the things?
    There was an Anthropology professor at the college near here who always smoked his pipe upside down.  "Heat goes up, right?" he'd say. 

Smoked while he lectured. 

Oh my God!  Those poor children must have all...

Survived somehow, and never thought about it for a minute. 

You know they'd castrate him today.  Half his class would be at the clinic faking asthma attacks and getting cancer screenings.  Parents would be filing law suits claiming that little Johnny and little Suzy had been scarred for life.

"Nothing like this has happened since we let them watch that horrible movie that promotes smoking, The Hobbit!  Whatever shall we do?"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you put a screen on it or just pack it super tight?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Do you put a screen on it or just pack it super tight?

No screen, just a normal pack, it might not work with a cube cut but with anything else no problem. 
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying different tobaccos and found that i like flakes and cakes although I have found them more exacting to load. The flake expands a bit when burning. Also found I like a medium or medium full body and I think that is because I'm used to cigars. All in all I'm having fun and working on another pipe. Any suggestions on a med strong flake I might like? I like Drew Estate Luxury Flake.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter Stokkey Luxurey Bullseye,  Solani aged burly flake, Dunhill flake, C&D burly flakes, Mac Barons old dark fired and McClellands blackwoods are a few that I like, these are med-full and a bit stronger than the DE.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I ordered some of what you suggested. Just got finished with C&D Black Frigate in a cool smoking cob.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a cold for a couple weeks and finally busted out some Candy Cane Cocoa. What a treat. 
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying the Sutliff Summer Night Raspberry. This is awesome!!! I did the frank method of packing. Best smoke I've had so far.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SG Cabbie's Mixture in a cob
  • Options
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Russ' Monthly Blend - Summer Splash. Seriously, a orange creamcicle

This stuff just needs to be dried out a little (much like just about any aro), and it smokes like a dream.
    Post edited by jarubla on
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Russ' Monthly Blend - Summer Splash. Seriously, a orange creamcicle

This stuff just needs to be dried out a little (much like just about any aro), and it smokes like a dream.
    That sounds delicious!! These aros are really grabbing my attention. I think that is what I loved about the hookahs I used to smoke, the different flavors. However, those hookah days are gone and I an more dignified and refined with my pipe.
  • Options
    eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    John Cotton's Smyrna in an Ascorti Sabbia Di Oro bamboo squat tomato.

"Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful pipe pipe 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    johnnyB said:
    That is a beautiful pipe pipe 

Thank you. :)
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I'll be packin up the Peterson Dublin castle with some Dunhill night  cap 
    Post edited by johnnyB on
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Dunhill EMP in a Don Carlos One Note Rusticated bent pot.

King Lear
  • Options
    Standard Tobacco Company War Horse ready rubbed in an Ascorti NUS KS Bent Dublin.

King Lear
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eklektos44 I see you've picked up the S.T.O.P. John Cotton's Smyrna and War Horse, are you liking these blends?

I picked up a tin of their Bengal Slices as that was one of my favorites a couple of decades ago.  I like the S.T.O.P. Bengal Slices but find it very similar in taste and form to Russ' Fusilier's Ration and when I had both open tins lying around needing to be jarred up I decided to just throw them in together.  I do admit that I miss the old Bengal Slices coins and I think I preferred them over the flake cut of the new blends.

I thought about picking up some War Horse or John Cotton, but held back.  Hope you're enjoying them.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yakster said:
    eklektos44 I see you've picked up the S.T.O.P. John Cotton's Smyrna and War Horse, are you liking these blends?

I picked up a tin of their Bengal Slices as that was one of my favorites a couple of decades ago.  I like the S.T.O.P. Bengal Slices but find it very similar in taste and form to Russ' Fusilier's Ration and when I had both open tins lying around needing to be jarred up I decided to just throw them in together.  I do admit that I miss the old Bengal Slices coins and I think I preferred them over the flake cut of the new blends.

I thought about picking up some War Horse or John Cotton, but held back.  Hope you're enjoying them.

I love the Smyrna. I have tins of #1 and #1&2, but haven't cracked them yet. I have tins of Bengal Slices I haven't opened yet also. As to the War Horse it okay, but others I know love it. I've got about 30 tins of various things I haven't gotten to yet. I just don't like having too much open at one time. I've been getting into SPC Potlatch this past week, and finishing off some open tins. But the Smyrna I can recommend highly, especially if you like Latakia, which I do. It's a bit brighter than Vintage Syrian, which I also love.
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I do love latakia, and I do know what you mean about not wanting too many tins open at once, I jared up my open ones since I've been more about cigars than pipes lately.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    SPC Deception Pass in a Ser Jacopo Modena blasted lovat.

King Lear
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Rattray's Old Gowrie in a Viprati blasted Rhodesian.

King Lear
  • Options
    beautiful pipe, great blend @eklektos44.

Haunted Bookshop in an Altinok meer poker 
  • Options
    beautiful pipe, great blend @eklektos44.

Haunted Bookshop in an Altinok meer poker 

Mmmmm...Haunted Bookshop. ;)
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    SPC Potlatch in a RD bulldog.

King Lear
  • Options
    Patton's Oriental Dusk in a Mastro de Paja blasted bent freehand.

King Lear
  • Options
    That Davis looks a lot like my Thile. Nice looking pipe.
  • Options
    Actually it's a Powell. Great guy, if somewhat quirky. B)  
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a Tinderbox Lugano rusticated pot with an ill-fitting stem.

King Lear