Home General Discussion

Drew Estate Events?

2»

Comments

• T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    So unfortunately the event was a waste of time. I left work a little early so that we would get there and only miss the first hour. Thought it might give us a better chance to get some info and enter the raffle, rather than showing up in the second half. Once we get there, we realize that they have taped a piece of paper over the sign, showing that the time had been backed up an hour, essentially making it pointless for me to leave work early. Upside I guess is that we were the first ones there for the most part.

They had said their was a car show that was going to be going on in the parking lot too, but there weren't any cars other than the daily drivers of general customers. We never saw or heard anything about the drawing/raffle either. They had a decent selection that went with the DE stuff, but nothing unbelievable. If you bought 5 cigars, you got one free. The box deal was 20% off all of their boxes (which as to be expected are about 30% or move over Ccom's, but that makes since for a B & M). If you bought a box of 20 or 20 individual cigars, you got 6 cigars for free (prepackaged, most of them were all Undercrowns, other packs had 2 kinds of Tabaks in them, 3 sticks each, and others were Acid sticks, pretty sure all of them were all coronas, nice additions for your purchase) and I think they said you also got a DE hat or shirt.

I am sure that it has more to do with the fact that we were hoping for some excitement about cigars, but like most of you pointed out, it was a sales rep trying to push their stuff. He was nice enough, but I kept saying "we" have tried these, "we" have read about those, and Nikki would comment too and he didn't really acknowledge her for the first 10 minutes we were in that area. I thought he would catch on to the fact that it was not just me looking (maybe it is just that it is such a male dominant hobby) but she is too!

Long story short, I expected too much. I wanted the fireworks and energy that this site has helped to put into me about cigars and they had the energy of a chubby kid when he is told to do the mile run in gym class. Oh well, hopefully I have my perspective set lower for the next one that rolls into town. More importantly, we have a running countdown until Marine Herf goes down! Almost here James! Now, that's the excitement we are talking about! It's all about hanging out with good people and smoking a good cigar.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    All this typing. Coulda been at my house by now. Shame on you
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    jliu:

Junie B, we are already on our way! We are just swinging through Wisconsin to TP Mike's house first and then we will be over. See you in a few!

(aka, we would much rather be sitting on your porch/patio/deck/yard/driveway/outside your window watching you/etc. than be kicking it at the Wharf in Ohio with the DE guy) We need to make it to that coast soon to experience California and who better to spend an evening herfing with than you?!
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I agree with mr armstrong. Waste of time.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    T.J. Armstrong:
    jliu:

Junie B, we are already on our way! We are just swinging through Wisconsin to TP Mike's house first and then we will be over. See you in a few!

(aka, we would much rather be sitting on your porch/patio/deck/yard/driveway/outside your window watching you/etc. than be kicking it at the Wharf in Ohio with the DE guy) We need to make it to that coast soon to experience California and who better to spend an evening herfing with than you?!
    stop have plenty of room three spare rooms !!:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    musicman3:
    What time were you there Music?
    MVW67:
    T.J. Armstrong:
    jliu:

So don't just tp and run, Mike? :)
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    T.J. Armstrong:
    jliu:

butt out. TJ and Nikki said coast. They were just fluffing to be nice to you
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear it was a bust, but the plus side is, I will be at your house in about two weeks. So there is that.
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    WhoDeyGal:
    musicman3:
    What time were you there Music?
    I got there right at 5:30 and left at 6. Not much to keep me interested plus I had other plans I had to attend. Bought a few sticks and got out of there.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Yeah so I hit up the Drew Estate event at my B&M last night. I bought a bundle of MUWATs (10), and was rewarded by the DE rep for my brand loyalty with...2 more MUWATs. I also got 5 raffle tickets with my purchase which didn't win me anything (I NEVER win raffles, ANYWHERE). The DE rep contributed 2 ball caps and 2 fivers of JdNs to the raffle. That was it. The rest of the items were nice things...ashtrays, small count humidors, etc...that were put up by the owner and his wife, which was cool. They floated that themselves. They also provided free food and beverages like they do at all their events.

So it really wasn't much to speak of, from a cigar event perspective. I had fun. Getting out of the house on Thursday night for cigars and fellowship is always a win. I think DE could have brought a little more to the table. Not that I was expecting free Liga Privadas, but a couple of hats? Really that's it? Would have been nice if the freebies I got were something different that what I had just purchased. I don't know, my two cents.
    marineatbn03:
    Sorry to hear it was a bust, but the plus side is, I will be at your house in about two weeks. So there is that.
    We are counting down the days until our very first herf together!