Home General Discussion
Options

Whats your favorite smoking spot???

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I live in Central Florida---so my favorite spot is a bitter cold winters evening (about 39 degrees here) in my yard with the fire pit glowing with fresh cut wood from one of the lots next door the neighbor has deserted (thank you neighbor). A ice cold libation is always a plus as well.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    My number 1 favorite is the King Corona Cigar lounge in Centro Ybor here in Tampa. Amazing atmosphere, great music jazz, blues soul most of the time. They also have the best drink selection on any cigar bar in Tampa. They have great Belgian beers, Duvel, Delerium, 3 phillosophers etc. Just a super classy place but a bit on the pricey side. Great selection of smokes as well.

2nd would be my man porch. Its covered and screened in so I can look out on the neighborhood put on my favorite tunes and relax with my palm trees.

3rd is the Tampa Humidor. Love talking with the owner Mike and manager Brian and all the cool and nice people who hang out there. Plus they have the biggest walk in humi and best prices in tampa. Huge selection.
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    Anywhere, where I can be alone and unwind with no interuptions....usually the porch swing in the evenings.
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    Tonight I may fire up the ol' Evinrude on the lohn boat and putt up the river with Mr Patel.
  • Options
    FairwindFairwind Posts: 41

In the USA, sitting on a park bench in the Capitol Park in Sacramento, Calif. in April. Perfect weather, about 70 to 75 deg. surrounded by trees and flowers.

Or......... here - http://gallery.boracay.com/thumbnails.php?album=2 with my wife and kids enjoying the view.

Dan

• Options

favorite spot would have to be on the back patio with my dog and a cocktail/beer and couple friends. rest and relaxation....

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    rydnskyhigh:

favorite spot would have to be on the back patio with my dog and a cocktail/beer and couple friends. rest and relaxation....

That is exactly what it is about.....relaxing. The last two nights I have enjoyed one of my Oliva G maduros while reading a book out on the front porch of our house. With two ponds a little ways out that house plenty of geese and ducks, there are lots of wonderful sounds that nature provides in the still of the night. Maybe I'll have a series O tonight.....
  • Options
    T79T79 Posts: 2
    If ever you guys are in Key West swing thru A&B Lobster House; they have a lounge that is incredible and they are very cigar friendly.  You can bring your own stogies or they can provide but they have over sized leather chairs and an amazing view of the ocean.  Drinks aren't bad either.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Sitting on the back porch in the twilight hours at the rent's house in MS, looking out over that 12 acre lake, with the dog at my side and a nice tall glass of Eagle Rare in my hand. Good times, good times. Too bad it'll be about three years before I can enjoy that fully again.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cholmes8310:
    Sitting on the back porch in the twilight hours at the rent's house in MS, looking out over that 12 acre lake, with the dog at my side and a nice tall glass of Eagle Rare in my hand. Good times, good times. Too bad it'll be about three years before I can enjoy that fully again.

OK, so i'll bite. How come?
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:

Just moved to Boston for work. BIG change of pace for someone who lived in Memphis or Jackson, MS his whole life.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:

Just moved to Boston for work. BIG change of pace for someone who lived in Memphis or Jackson, MS his whole life.
    Oh I get it. That WAS your favorite smoking spot. Sounds very nice. Perfect for enjoying a favorite stick. Guess you will be looking for a new spot now huh? Good luck bro'.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I actually went out to one of my favorite spots this afternoon and took a few pictures. It is Ko Olina, at one of the lagoons. The first picture is of me smoking a Nub Maduro, the rest I took:

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Yeah.....that's pretty much what it's like here in Southeast Ohio....except for we sit by a river and fish for 3 headed catfish.

Really though, that is just gorgeous territory down there Tony. I'm jealous.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Yeah.....that's pretty much what it's like here in Southeast Ohio....except for we sit by a river and fish for 3 headed catfish.
    im closer to the lake.

...just missing the palm trees...
  • Options
    I've always heard that Ohio was like the mainland version of Hawaii. But yeah, I really do love it here, gonna miss living here alot. Oh well, I'm sure there is alot of good about Louisianna too......
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ohio has its ups and downs. I do love the great lakes and the hiking and what not...
  • Options
    I'll be going to Ohio at some point in my life, hopefully in the next couple of years. Columbus has one of the best tattoo conventions around, Hell City.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    hell city would be great ive read and seen many photos and *** from this convention.. we have some great ones in cali though
  • Options
    You've got some great artists in Cali for sure, some of the best in the world IMO. I would say California has the highest saturation of top-tier tattoo talent in the nation.
  • Options
    D2D2 Posts: 1

For me it’s either down in the basement/man cave or out front on the porch.

• Options
    mcso22mcso22 Posts: 10
    Well since I work from 2200 hrs to 1000 hrs I have found that about 2 in the morning, after the traffic has pretty much died down, is the perfect time to enjoy a smoke. Just cruising around the city with the radio turned down low and puffing away. Man I really love my job lol.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My back patio is shaded inthe evening by the house, and in the morning by a large oak tree. I have a small table and a couple of chairs set up out there. Bliss in spring and autumn, hot as hell in the summer; but still nice enough.
  • Options
    I like sitting on the back patio watching my Boxer run hot laps in the back yard. It's really relaxing.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Right now it is the front porch, at night, listening to all the wildlife while I am either reading or watching a movie/futurama on a portible DVD player. Although 3 days ago I enjoyed one while driving the Kubota and mowing the field. Great times!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Apparently my favorite spot is my fog-ridden, rain drizzled upon deck with plenty of wind.
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    They've been leaving the door to the roof of my apt. building unlocked lately, so i have a new favorite spot...even if the view is of Newark.
  • Options
    tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    Back home it is simply on my deck with a nice view of Mt. Rainer
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Pick just one favorite... Next to a lake, kicked back in my folding chair, stogie in hand and my pole in the water. But I can make any place a good place for a cigar.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My patio is just about perfect, year-round. My house faces west, my patio is large and covered, facing east, and it only gets a couple hours of direct sun in the morning so the afternoons/evenings are perfect for enjoying a stogie and a toddy for the body.

Of course, early morning is beautiful, too, before most folks get to moving around making noise. This morning, for example, my wife and I were out there about 6am with a pot of coffee on the keep-it-warm. I took along a big ol' churchill to enjoy. Life is good.

I grew up in Detroit but moved to California when I got out of the Navy. Thank goodness I did. I can't imagine sitting on my patio in Detroit with a stogie in the middle of winter. But I do it here. Rain or shine, hot or cold. Like I said, life is good.