Home General Discussion
Options

What size are you?

VisionVision Posts: 7,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I was just outside smoking a MoW PA and was thinking about you sexy beasts and what sizes you like. Dirty and gross huh? Well lets hear it what sizes do you enjoy? I will start it off.....

1. Corona
2. Lancero/Lonsdale
3. Toro

I like the "thinner" sticks for the flavor and lenght of smoke. Toro if I am looking to "relax" for a while......

Comments

• Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    cool thread

1. corona extra 6.5 x 44 ish
    2. corona gordo 5.6 x 46
    3. robusto
    4. learning to love the lancero, but only in certain blends
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Lancero
    2. Corona
    3. Robusto
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Robusto
    2. Toro
    3. Belicoso/torp
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    1. Corona
    2. Robusto
    3. Lancero
    4. Toro

Pretty much nothing bigger then 52-54
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to get more into longies...

I don't mind a bigger rg, although sometimes I find em hard to keep burning straight. Gimme a good Churchill, or maybe a lancero. Not too thin, cause I like tons of smoke and big puffs. There's just something cool about a 7" cigar to me
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:

But seriously, I generally prefer robustos and belicosos. Churchill in a few blends, Oval comes to mind.
  • Options
    I love the smoke of the Lancero. Lots of smoke but not to much. Flavorful but not to over th top. I have had about 5-7 different blends and not a single one has let me down.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my favorite vitola is the perfecto followed by the lonesdale then the corona then the toro. everything after that is all about the same. i dislike anything over 52 ring.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toro is my favorite vitola. I'd rather not smoke any figurados but I will if I must. I just don't care for the pointy-headed ones. I've encountered too many draw problems with figurados. After the toro comes the Churchill, corona, lonsdale, robusto.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    A good 34B. Hopefully.smaller.when I loose more weight.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I like to keep to the smaller ring guages, but ill pull out a 60' when im around some noobs (they like that kinda thing in my experience) or if im showing off. My top 3-

1. Corona
    2. Lancero (would probably be #1 but ive had way more coronas)
    3. Figurados i think part of it is the novelty of the shape.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Corona or Beli, then toro or robo followed by lancero. A good lancero is hard to find IMO.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm a sucker for a good dalia. I've found this to be my favorite size in Cuban cigars, examples being the Partagas 898, Fonseca #1, LGC MdO #2, PL Encantos. Just a brilliant vitola. I also love the minuto vitola such as Partagas Shorts, Trinidad Reyes, Tatuaje Verocu #5.

I feel like there is merit to most standard vitolas, dependent on blend, though I'm not crazy about 60rg...then again, the Diesel d.6 and Ruination #2 are great examples of a 60 rg working well for a blend. I think a well executed double corona is a thing of beauty, Partagas Lusitanias remain one of the best cigars I've ever had.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robusto
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I prefer DC's or churchills. 46- 52 ring gauges. I had a Mario Palomino sampler and the churchill size definetley executed the flavors best.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Any size, any place, any time.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    1 perfectos
    2 robusto's
    3 corona/lancero
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Must have 54-60 ring gauge but must not be shorter than 4.5 inch. I hate 4 inch sticks , seems like you've just lighted the stick and you're already minding your fingers from getting burned. I prefer 60 ring gauge.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Gray4lines:

But seriously, I generally prefer robustos and belicosos. Churchill in a few blends, Oval comes to mind.
    LOL!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Corona,figurado,belicoso and robusto
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Toro, Pyramid, Robusto
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torpedo or Toro but willing to smoke anything
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Corona, minuto or Petit Corona, robusto. I don't smoke very often more than 50 rg or longer than 6 inch, and despise the current fad of Americanism bigger is better 6 x 60 smokes. I want an enjoyable one hour smoke, don't have 3 hours to smoke (yes I'm a slow smoker).

Petit coronas are slowly moving to the front as I've been slowly building a Cuban collection to match my NC's, and besides a short burn time its more affordable to spread out my collection with multiple blends and boxes in PC size. Party shorts, San cristobal El Principes, Ramon Allones small club coronas, Juan Lopez pet it coronas, there are so many great Cuban blends in this size I just wish NC companies would look and see regular smokers clearly favor corona slash robust and not fatty Bo batties.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    i like the robustos!
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Torpedo or Toro but willing to smoke anything

I have to agree...... "to smoke anything"
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    corona, some stuff in lancero, robusto (the size I typically go for if I've never had the cigar before), toro. oh yea, BBW too
  • Options
    jliu:
    corona, some stuff in lancero, robusto (the size I typically go for if I've never had the cigar before), toro. oh yea, BBW too

I love em BBW.... Right Rob?
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    I'm still trying to figure out what size I'm smoking most of the time, so no favorite yet.
  • Options
    insomnniapb:
    I'm still trying to figure out what size I'm smoking most of the time, so no favorite yet.

When you walk into a B&M what size do you usually buy?
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I enjoy the smaller rings myself:
    Corona, Lancero or Lonsdale, Churchill even a petite corona/pequenos when I am looking for something quicker than an average smoke would take. I prefer to say at a 50 ring or below.