Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Whats your go to cigar?

Comments

• Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    mmmhmmmm i love Camacho triple maduro's i think i will smoke my last one tonight sad i will have to get some more. Lets see my go to stick would have to be 5 vegas series 'A' also love the Cao Mx2.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My never fail go to cigars would be... Bauza by Fuentes, 5 Vegas Classic, and Nording.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    madurofan:
    Such a DPG ****, van ... lol
    No, I'd be an Anejo **** if I could find them all over the place. HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    A FELLOW SOX FAN!!!!!Nice. Anyway, I also have a ciagr store near my home that CONSISTENTLY has Anejos (sharks only around XMAS though) in stock and Opus's in Stock (about 6 months a year on Opus). They are also VERY reasonably priced considering what we have all seen them go for at some places. Please let me know if I can help you at all in buying some for payback, or even for a trade perhaps with stuff I cannot find easily around here. Have a good one-------YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOOOARD YEEEEESSSS!!!!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Go to cigar - Nub Conn
    Favorite cigar RP Decade torpedo.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Sounds good Vulchor, I'll have to keep it in mind. Just went in on a split of 49s that a guy still had on the shelf.
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I started this thread and never chimed in afterwords cause I was too new to have a "go to" cigar but I am quickly falling in love with the 5 Vegas line. Other then the gold, which I thought was a bit bland for my taste, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Relic and the 'A' series with the medium to full body smoke and a good bit of complexity. I am starting to keep my eye on boxes of these already!
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    My 3 go-to cigars are:

- Padron 2000 (for the reasonably-priced, everyday go-to cigar)
    - Arturo Fuente Hemingway, any size or blend (for the tastier, high-quality, reliable smoke)
    - Padron 1964 Anniversary (for when I'm having a REALLY bad day :-P)

Some other nice-to-have-every-now-and-then cigars for me are:

- Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 (creamy, coffee, and spicy, like smoking a cup of spiced chai).
    - Romeo y Julieta Vintage III's (cedary, spicy, medium bodied)
    - Padron 1964 Anniversary (good enough to mention twice)
  • Options
    EFLAGGSEFLAGGS Posts: 19
    Gurkha Beauty, Rocky Patel Conn, Alec Bradley Maxx and Tempus!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    After smoking four of these in less than a week, I would have to say that my go-to has quickly become the Xikar Defiance. It seems like I am always in the mood for one of those.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Sorry to say, the Defiance is apparently being discontinued.
  • Options
    What???? Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That would be a shame, it's a damn good cigar.
  • Options
    Especially since I just discovered it.....and the box I ordered is on a 10-14 day backorder......
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Sorry to say, the Defiance is apparently being discontinued.
    Where did you see this? My B&M is having an event for them later this summer, I doubt that would be the case if they are being discontinued. IDK ...
  • Options
    Dunno, I think Beta's yanking our collective chain. :)
  • Options
    we have a collective chain?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I believe it is used to start our group-mentality crankshaft.

Well, I emailed the "contact us" address on the Defiance site, hopefully I'll get an answer back soon.
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't have internet at my house, so it was a bit tough to update. I don't remember where I heard it, but it was a pretty reliable source. It could be that it isn't the case, and they were wrong, but I heard that Xikar was going to replace the defiance with their new line.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Sorry, I don't have internet at my house, so it was a bit tough to update. I don't remember where I heard it, but it was a pretty reliable source. It could be that it isn't the case, and they were wrong, but I heard that Xikar was going to replace the defiance with their new line.
    The reason I doubt this beta is that most of the proceeds from defiance go to fight anti-tobacco legislation. The cigar is a tax write off for Xikar, I imagine it would have to be doing pretty bad for them to cut it.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    betasynn:
    The reason I doubt this beta is that most of the proceeds from defiance go to fight anti-tobacco legislation. The cigar is a tax write off for Xikar, I imagine it would have to be doing pretty bad for them to cut it.
    I don't pretend to know the logic, just passing the message along.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    madurofan:
    betasynn:
    I don't pretend to know the logic, just passing the message along.
    We always welcome any information on here :). If nothing else its something to debate about, lol.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I heard that they were just dropping the Defiance name and possibly changing the blend.

Here is a quote from what I heard.

"The company that created the teardrop-shaped cigar cutter is amping up its burgeoning cigar business, while dropping the name of its highly rated cigar brand. Xikar Inc. of Kansas City, Missouri, has removed the word "Defiance" from its cigar line, and is now selling cigars under the name Xikar HC Series.

Xikar HC Series, which began shipping to cigar stores this month, comes in three varieties: Connecticut Shade, Criollo, and Habano Colorado. The Connecticut, which the company describes as "slightly stronger than the average Connecticut-shade cigar," is the mildest of the three blends, made with a Connecticut-seed wrapper grown in Ecuador, an Indonesian binder and filler from Costa Rica, Mexico and Nicaragua. "
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks for the update Van.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    AF hemmingway classic.
  • Options
    There goes dep throwing this thread right back on track. Some people...:)

And yes maddy, we do have a collective chain...though I can't find mine...think I left it on the mind bicycle. Far out, no?
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real or Gurkha Park Avenue for everyday smokes.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Man O War Ruination is my absolute top right now. I smoke one everyday. Other than that I love the sol Cubano NO. 4
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    we are the new Borg?....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    we are the new Borg?....

Thats it Pheebs !!! The new forum blend name ...The Borg ...Resistance Is Futile ...Order Now !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    we are the new Borg?....

Thats it Pheebs !!! The new forum blend name ...The Borg ...Resistance Is Futile ...Order Now !!!
    And getting a box/bundle would be known as ordering a "collective"?