Options

What Humidor do you use?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    jliu:
    xmacro:
    28-bottle wine cooler, converted with cigar trays
    the vinotemp one? T-28? if so, me dos. after doing the recent arranging with the help of jason smokingdaddy, it is working oh so great!
    No, it's some model I grabbed off Wine Enthusiast when they were running a summer sale of free shipping (saved me at least $100). For some reason, the RH is always high, around 70 or so - I've got beads on every level and don't even use a humidifier.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Rail Jockey:
    I use a 3500 count tower, that im trying like hell to fill up!
    I like my tower humi.
    Nice tower, here is a couple shots of my little humidor...... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    image I use 2 of these:

and 2 of these:

1 of these:

aaand 1 of these:

aaaaaand 1 of these:

That doesn't include my travel humidor, or my travel herf cases.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    jliu:
    xmacro:
    28-bottle wine cooler, converted with cigar trays
    the vinotemp one? T-28? if so, me dos. after doing the recent arranging with the help of jason smokingdaddy, it is working oh so great!
    No, it's some model I grabbed off Wine Enthusiast when they were running a summer sale of free shipping (saved me at least $100). For some reason, the RH is always high, around 70 or so - I've got beads on every level and don't even use a humidifier.
    ahh. very nice. what rh beads you using? for me, for my 28 bottle capacity vinotemp, I'm using 2 lbs of heartfelt beads that are 69% rh. Along w/ the beads, I have two ccom humi gels, 2 72% rh boveda packs, and 80% of the cigar boxes have a boveda 72% rh pack in them. the fridge avgs 67-68% rh.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I use these, I do have three other smaller humi's that I use for uncello'd sticks!!
    P1010374-1
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 50ct that just never seems full..... JK
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    This image
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    This image

NICE! Whats that hold? 250-300?
  • Options
    200-300 count Cigarette humidor.
  • Options
    tkohlertkohler Posts: 70
    PadronPete:
    I have a 3500sq ft Humidor. It is barely enough to hold half of the 06 release of Padron cigars, the 07 Opus crop, and the pre release Behike's from 09.
    Pics or it didn't happen :-P Personally I have a 110 or 120qt cooler, used to have 8-10 cedar trays in the cooler, but as it gets more and more full with boxes I keep pulling the trays out and stashing the singles in other places. I need to pull everything in the cooler back out to try and re-arrange and fit more in there somehow... I also have a 150ct 5 Vegas, which is almost full with about 60-70 cigars in it.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    I have 4 humis. 300ct 100ct and 2 50ct
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    pbchevo:
    I have 4 humis. 300ct 100ct and 2 50ct
    Very Nice
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I like the one on this website (with the battle art), but I think I have to smoke a man o war (and like it) before I buy a box advertising them haha. That being said, it seems like everyone one this site likes them, so I doubt that would be a problem.
    Let me travel back in time to tell you, "Don't worry...you'll like it."
  • Options
    he brings it back after 2 years
  • Options
    I know right! Who does that?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    damn a lot of vets popping up these days welcome back isach
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I know right! Who does that?
    only you randy!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Rain:
    I like the one on this website (with the battle art), but I think I have to smoke a man o war (and like it) before I buy a box advertising them haha. That being said, it seems like everyone one this site likes them, so I doubt that would be a problem.
    Let me travel back in time to tell you, "Don't worry...you'll like it."
    man-o-man you sounded like a newbee back then quite the change from your persona now.... we have all evolved alot already.

Aj
  • Options
    That's pretty normal I think. We start out here on best behavior, then we see everyone else is just as crazy.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    That's pretty normal I think. We start out here on best behavior, then we see everyone else is just as crazy.
    It is nice to have a place to truly be yourself.

Aj
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I was thinking as a NEw BE to just a 25 to 50 ct one but the BOTL to me to get at a min 100ct and my Mother went and got me one :) lol I have it right now 20 La Perla hab Clas Mad's and 20 Garo plus a few other. three draws two of them good to go still need another 20 for the last draw :).
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is a 90 count Diamond Crown I got when I joined ccom. St James I believe.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:
    If all else fails, find yourself an antique trunk and convert it to an almighty "Trunkidor"!!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    $35 for the trunk
    $25 for the digital hygrometer
    $5 for the weatherstripping to seal it with
    A few cigars for my buddy to line it with two layers of Spanish cedar laminate. I hold 63-67% humidity and keep it around 65-70 degrees. No problems so far.
    I hate u right now

But... But... But...
    What, no love? And to think, I was planning a sneak attack bomb drop and herf when I'm in Myrtle Beach next year...
    I want to do that with a trunk so bad and u have to shove yours in my face -.-. Next year is a ling time man....come do my owl tattoo :-)
    What an awesome idea! I happen to have an antique trunk. Not sure exactly how old but it looks like it's a hundred??
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:
    If all else fails, find yourself an antique trunk and convert it to an almighty "Trunkidor"!!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    $35 for the trunk
    $25 for the digital hygrometer
    $5 for the weatherstripping to seal it with
    A few cigars for my buddy to line it with two layers of Spanish cedar laminate. I hold 63-67% humidity and keep it around 65-70 degrees. No problems so far.
    I hate u right now

But... But... But...
    What, no love? And to think, I was planning a sneak attack bomb drop and herf when I'm in Myrtle Beach next year...
    I want to do that with a trunk so bad and u have to shove yours in my face -.-. Next year is a ling time man....come do my owl tattoo :-)
    What an awesome idea! I happen to have an antique trunk. Not sure exactly how old but it looks like it's a hundred??

Ricky, just remember to take into consideration that old wood has a tendency to suck up all available moisture you put into the trunk. My trunkidor worked great for about a year then my Rh went to pot. Make sure to seal any possible areas that looks like a potential for leakage.
    I finally gave up on mine and its being used to store some of the kids toys. We plan to move within the next year so I'm thinking about sealing everything up with aquarium sealant and trying it again. Personally, I think the trunk blends in better than my cooler...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    lcpleel:
    Thanks Lee. I still havent forgotten about you...
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a 300 count a 120 count, a 50 count and a desktop 20 count. One feature that i like in the bigger humidors is the top tray. The tray helps me find singles that sometimes get buried. I also use a tuppador inside a cooler. Get a humidor with a top tray if you can swing it.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    lcpleel:
    Hey Isaac it's been a long time! I've missed talking with you bro how have you been??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    lcpleel:
    Hey Isaac it's been a long time! I've missed talking with you bro how have you been??
    Ive been trying to live the best I can. How are you doing?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    lcpleel:
    Busy as heck with work and raising our 18 month old boy lol. But doing well or as well as I can. Glad to see you around these parts. What's new and exciting in your world?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    lcpleel:
    Busy as heck with work and raising our 18 month old boy lol. But doing well or as well as I can. Glad to see you around these parts. What's new and exciting in your world?
    Nothing new, Its been the same for the past 2 years. Ive been able to keep a job and keep the wife. lol