Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Romney Wants More Drilling

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Algae has been approved as the most viable form of biofuel...not corn. There is no environmental impact from growing algae In a greenhouse...much different then corn. We could easily produce a ridiculous amount of fuel with greenhouses in any part of America and fuel the entire country. The larger vehicles and machinery that run or country's economy run on diesel. Producing it ourselves with a cleaner source isnt an answer?
    +1 for algae.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Dreamers
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    Care to elaborate? I'm not some tree hugger dude... I live in oil city
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    I don't think you could ever produce enough biofuels to make a difference.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    So....if we could produce enough biofuel for the entire country with a small footprint, reduce emissions by 80%, and produce it domestically; thus, putting money in Ameriucan pockets and not overseas you would not support that? I find it hard to see the problem with that.... Save money, save the horrid air, keep $$$ domestic, increase GDP (which we need given Obama increasing our debt over the GDP), and work towards independance from oil... I just wish our politicians had the balls to actually "change." America could be on top in 2-3 years easily and dominate the world market if they combined measures such as this and actually drilled for the oil we have in the US.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    So....if we could produce enough biofuel for the entire country with a small footprint, reduce emissions by 80%, and produce it domestically; thus, putting money in Ameriucan pockets and not overseas you would not support that? I find it hard to see the problem with that.... Save money, save the horrid air, keep $$$ domestic, increase GDP (which we need given Obama increasing our debt over the GDP), and work towards independance from oil... I just wish our politicians had the balls to actually "change." America could be on top in 2-3 years easily and dominate the world market if they combined measures such as this and actually drilled for the oil we have in the US.
    The key word being "if". If any of the known biofuels were economically feasible, Exxon would stop drilling for oil tomorrow. Can you imagine the size of the footprint you are speaking about? As it is now, millions of acres that would normally produce food, are now making corn, and food prices are going up. Also, this is a good time to talk about the other elephant. Drought. How do you get around that. Oil is in the ground. All you have to do is get it.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    I think he's saying it isn't possible with the current technology. It's a neat thought but it just isn't there yet.
  • Options
    wwestern:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    I think he's saying it isn't possible with the current technology. It's a neat thought but it just isn't there yet.
    Then he should say that...because the technology is there. I've waited to post anything on this...I've written several dissertations with tons of peer reviewed evidence. I live in one of the Oil capitals of CA, we've already converted one refinery to corn. Algae is a piece of cake...and our "change" leader even gave a few million to algae, as it is the only fuel that the technology exists to do so effeciently. Corn is not the solution by any means... I laughed when I heard Obama tossed some chump change, if he had balls, he'd toss a few billion, but the 1% he hate sin public, he bows to in private. I believe we should drill in the US and there is plenty of oil here. Alaska, MT, CO, etc..., has plenty of oil for our country but the tree huggers don't want to *** on our country...yet don;t mind if we do elsewhere. Half the people I know work in oil or the geology behind it, I don't want them to loose their jobs. But I also know the technology exits to start producing biofuel on a grand scale and move towards freedom. Our GDP is over the debt...it's time to produce and move forward with a technological revolution we can export. Fuel is just one of them.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    The key word being "if". If any of the known biofuels were economically feasible, Exxon would stop drilling for oil tomorrow. Can you imagine the size of the footprint you are speaking about? As it is now, millions of acres that would normally produce food, are now making corn, and food prices are going up. Also, this is a good time to talk about the other elephant. Drought. How do you get around that. Oil is in the ground. All you have to do is get it.
    It can.... Without corn... We are not talking millions of acres. Here's an example.... The technology has existed for a while now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxNeBQCRv1c
  • Options
    1 acre=20k gallons. 1/10th the size of New Mexico could produce enough Fuel for the country. This has been approved by the US. This technology is not new, what would happen if we took say....1 billion dollars and invested in this? What about 100 billion? My guess....you'd see a lot of positive change in this country.... We ned to promote technology and production in America again.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    wwestern:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    Then he should say that...because the technology is there. I've waited to post anything on this...I've written several dissertations with tons of peer reviewed evidence. I live in one of the Oil capitals of CA, we've already converted one refinery to corn. Algae is a piece of cake...and our "change" leader even gave a few million to algae, as it is the only fuel that the technology exists to do so effeciently. Corn is not the solution by any means... I laughed when I heard Obama tossed some chump change, if he had balls, he'd toss a few billion, but the 1% he hate sin public, he bows to in private. I believe we should drill in the US and there is plenty of oil here. Alaska, MT, CO, etc..., has plenty of oil for our country but the tree huggers don't want to *** on our country...yet don;t mind if we do elsewhere. Half the people I know work in oil or the geology behind it, I don't want them to loose their jobs. But I also know the technology exits to start producing biofuel on a grand scale and move towards freedom. Our GDP is over the debt...it's time to produce and move forward with a technological revolution we can export. Fuel is just one of them.
    "tree huggers"... yeah some of them are nuts but they do make a point. Nice thing is since tree huggers went on and on about trees being cut down, we have more trees now than ever b4. About the Algae, I think it's a great idea and the more forms of fuel or energy the better. We as a world not only a country need to get off of toxic forms of energy. BTW the obama admin tried to push more money towards alt energy but a lot of that got cut cuz it wouldn't pass.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    It can.... Without corn... We are not talking millions of acres. Here's an example.... The technology has existed for a while now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxNeBQCRv1c
    shhh, don't want the oil companies to know about this.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    catfishbluezz:
    wwestern:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    "tree huggers"... yeah some of them are nuts but they do make a point. Nice thing is since tree huggers went on and on about trees being cut down, we have more trees now than ever b4. About the Algae, I think it's a great idea and the more forms of fuel or energy the better. We as a world not only a country need to get off of toxic forms of energy. BTW the obama admin tried to push more money towards alt energy but a lot of that got cut cuz it wouldn't pass.
    Sorry, but I don't buy into Obama's clean energy push. That's a different debate all together, and I do not want to get into that. I support more drilling in the US, and I support prodcution of biofuel.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    catfishbluezz:
    beatnic:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers
    shhh, don't want the oil companies to know about this.
    They already know about it. One of the biggest producers locally went bankrupt (Flying J), then the plant got bought out and the new owners used it for corn biofuel production.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Dreamers

THANK YOU! +1000000000000000
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Brother I would of considered listening more to your side of the argument until you posted this

phobicsquirrel:
    lol so you criticize Time but post a tea bagging Con-servative site ...
    Tell me why is it the left always reverts to using language like this? Things will never change in this country unless all the talking point...name calling bullshit stops. How do you expect to change my mind on a subject like this when half way through the discussion it reverts to name calling like little kids do?

So I suppose since I feel this way I must also be a tea bagging Con-servative if that is what it takes to get this country working again and taking care of our vets and elderly and our little ones and to keep us FREE...then so be it

• Options
    Vision:
    beatnic:
    Dreamers

THANK YOU! +1000000000000000
    Dreaming is thinking about our political system actually changing for the better. This is not dreaming... This is what America needs to embrace now, before the rest of the world does before us. Specifically drilling more, and alternative fuel production. If we do not, we will continute on our path down the ranks in the international community. I for one, am tired of it.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    Brother I would of considered listening more to your side of the argument until you posted this

phobicsquirrel:
    Tell me why is it the left always reverts to using language like this? Things will never change in this country unless all the talking point...name calling bullshit stops. How do you expect to change my mind on a subject like this when half way through the discussion it reverts to name calling like little kids do?

So I suppose since I feel this way I must also be a tea bagging Con-servative if that is what it takes to get this country working again and taking care of our vets and elderly and our little ones and to keep us FREE...then so be it

They call them selves tea baggers, hell even wearing hats with tea bags off of them. And the left is far less condoning of the name calling...

Taking care of our vets? Really where have you been.. seriously? We, the US are currently in the longest war in our history and wrapped up another one that was pushed, pulled, and created under a lie. How is that good for our VETS or troops? Then you have a massive amount of the Right Wing and GOP going around trying to gin up a war with Iran. If the GOP loved the troops and the vets so much maybe they wouldn't be starting wars all the time not to mention making them up. Also let us not forget about the huge influx of privatizing contractors that have been used instead of our troops while they are above the UCMJ and get paid going on three times the amount of our troops under the Bush Admin. And even the lack of armor for the troops. I can go on all day about how the Right and GOP are really for the VETs and the Troops. I AM ONE! and I had to fight in their **** WARS!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    MTuccelli:

phobicsquirrel:

They call them selves tea baggers, hell even wearing hats with tea bags off of them. And the left is far less condoning of the name calling...

Taking care of our vets? Really where have you been.. seriously? We, the US are currently in the longest war in our history and wrapped up another one that was pushed, pulled, and created under a lie. How is that good for our VETS or troops? Then you have a massive amount of the Right Wing and GOP going around trying to gin up a war with Iran. If the GOP loved the troops and the vets so much maybe they wouldn't be starting wars all the time not to mention making them up. Also let us not forget about the huge influx of privatizing contractors that have been used instead of our troops while they are above the UCMJ and get paid going on three times the amount of our troops under the Bush Admin. And even the lack of armor for the troops. I can go on all day about how the Right and GOP are really for the VETs and the Troops. I AM ONE! and I had to fight in their **** WARS!
    Wow I had no idea you were a vet thank you for your service, what conflicts have you participated in, has the VA been there for you to help you through this hate you have for the GOP because of wars and the hate for anybody that doesn't agree with you? There will always be wars brother and there will always be a need for our men and women to fight them. I would no more blame the GOP for the wars we have been in then I would any other administration that had control of the White House during a war/conflict.

I believe the real problem here is called "Leading"...it is apparent to me you are a follower and you are a good one at that when it causes you NO PAIN nor requires you to truly use that noggin God gave you. I no longer wish to upset you so I will remove myself from this no where going conversation and pray for peace and rest to come your way.

• Options
    Its' people like you............Sorry, I just wanted to say that. LOL

A quick google search. Last year the US produced approximately 2 billion barrels of oil, (or @42gal/bbl) 84 billion gallons. And we had to purchase an additional 5 billion barrels (210 billion gallons) - total 310 billion gallons for the year.

In contrast, it only produced 2.69 billion gallons of biofuel.

We've got a long way to go fellas.

Also, biodiesel is subsidized heavily by the federal gov and it takes oil and massive amounts of water to make the biofuel.

I see us using mini nuke power plants before biofuels is economically feasible.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    phobicsquirrel:
    MTuccelli:

phobicsquirrel:

Wow I had no idea you were a vet thank you for your service, what conflicts have you participated in, has the VA been there for you to help you through this hate you have for the GOP because of wars and the hate for anybody that doesn't agree with you? There will always be wars brother and there will always be a need for our men and women to fight them. I would no more blame the GOP for the wars we have been in then I would any other administration that had control of the White House during a war/conflict.

I believe the real problem here is called "Leading"...it is apparent to me you are a follower and you are a good one at that when it causes you NO PAIN nor requires you to truly use that noggin God gave you. I no longer wish to upset you so I will remove myself from this no where going conversation and pray for peace and rest to come your way.

Hate? Wow. So let me get this straight, I have hate becuause I am against what the GOP as a party has done with no help from the other party. WE were lied into a conflict in Iraq, that doesn't make you upset? That was sold to us by the bush admin along with the media. The admin ignored intel on pending attacks that even said the towers an the pentigon were targets on 9-11 then after the attacks the Taliban was ready to make a deal to turn over Osama and they were told to F off? So let's see, just as an example the Bush admin pushed this country into war (unpaid for mind you) an illegal war, invented up this "patriot" act, put the tsa in charge at our airports and the list goes on. WE still are fighting this "war on terror" and there isn't an end in sight. The democrats and the republicans have done a great job at this.

Thing is the GOP have pushed for more war, didn't do a good job at fighting the war and have tried to cut VA funding and other benefits to patriots:

http://www.politicususa.com/memoral-day-gop-va-cuts.html

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2011/04/16/republicans-seek-to-cut-1-3-million-veterans/

I'm not happy about the other party too as they are almost as responsible. So your line about "there will always be war" is complete BS. Sure people are horrible to one another but in this case there was no need for war and it was pushed and pushed until the republicans got it and along with it our great name was made into an empire. Even when Obama wasn't wanting to fight with Iran the GOP blasted him for it, I mean WTF? Oh and I'm a follower? That's a good one.

Obama has kicked ass on defense, something the GOP has no record on, in fact they allowed this country to have the biggest terrorist attack in our history, and it wasn't like they didn't know about it. Oh and btw, I do like my socialist VA healthcare. I wish every American had it. ... or at least a medicare type deal.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Obama has kicked ass on defense, something the GOP has no record on, in fact they allowed this country to have the biggest terrorist attack in our history, and it wasn't like they didn't know about it. Oh and btw, I do like my socialist VA healthcare. I wish every American had it. ... or at least a medicare type deal.
    Yeah he's doing a bang up job. Not only was this a lie but he has led us to more war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VlXfs1K04g
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    As i was reading this, i think both sides are right in their own perspective. We need oil and we need to find alternative fuels. Until alternative fuels are developed, hell, i will just keep paying four bucks a gallon, and use my torch ligter to fire up my smokes. We should not worry about a lot of things that are really out of our control. If someone from either side wants to do something for their cause, go to school and invent a cleaner fuel.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    MTuccelli:
    phobicsquirrel:
    MTuccelli:

phobicsquirrel:

Hate? Wow. So let me get this straight, I have hate becuause I am against what the GOP as a party has done with no help from the other party. WE were lied into a conflict in Iraq, that doesn't make you upset? That was sold to us by the bush admin along with the media. The admin ignored intel on pending attacks that even said the towers an the pentigon were targets on 9-11 then after the attacks the Taliban was ready to make a deal to turn over Osama and they were told to F off? So let's see, just as an example the Bush admin pushed this country into war (unpaid for mind you) an illegal war, invented up this "patriot" act, put the tsa in charge at our airports and the list goes on. WE still are fighting this "war on terror" and there isn't an end in sight. The democrats and the republicans have done a great job at this.

Thing is the GOP have pushed for more war, didn't do a good job at fighting the war and have tried to cut VA funding and other benefits to patriots:

http://www.politicususa.com/memoral-day-gop-va-cuts.html

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2011/04/16/republicans-seek-to-cut-1-3-million-veterans/

I'm not happy about the other party too as they are almost as responsible. So your line about "there will always be war" is complete BS. Sure people are horrible to one another but in this case there was no need for war and it was pushed and pushed until the republicans got it and along with it our great name was made into an empire. Even when Obama wasn't wanting to fight with Iran the GOP blasted him for it, I mean WTF? Oh and I'm a follower? That's a good one.

Obama has kicked ass on defense??? And the GOP has no track record??? When you pray at night do you start of by saying "Dear lord Al Franken......." I am a registered Republican and I approve this message (R)

I also will stop reading and posting in thread. It has stopped being about Drilling and more about blow harding for your party. I registered as a Republican at 20 because I couldnt stand to listen to idiots spew nonsensical bullsh!t without listening. And when a Republican does come up with a good point it turns into ad hominem attacks. Thank god that over 50% of the country will agree with me this year........ god willing.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Once again the squirrell has buried his nuts. I'm done with this dungpile
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I've read through this thread many times, and note that the squirrel is acccused of talking "hate".

I don't see it, and I don't get it. Is criticism of the GOP for its policies "hate"?

Would somebody please explain how or where the language used is "hateful"? I'm not trying to pick a fight - I just want to know why criticism of the GOP is "hateful", or if I''ve missed something?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I AM ONE! and I had to fight in their **** WARS!
    I know I said I was done but this last part of your statement I found interesting. Last time the U.S. had a draft was Vietnam. We now have an all volunteer service, so tell me if you were not drafted you must of volunteered. Or I bet you were like one of those activated reservist units we had during Desert Storm and Restore Hope that bitched being their cause it was messing with their schooling or job. I apologize to any reservist or guard we have here. I know it is only a small segment that are whiners and signing up for reserve or guard duty fit their educational dreams and never counted on being activated.

So tell me squirrel is this the case with you, blame a govt for a war because it cut into your personal life? If you signed up I am sure no one twisted your arm. There are men and women that have come back messed up, some have lost family members some are on this forum and I can't recall them whining or pissing and moaning as much as you do.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the steam engine? That worked pretty good.??
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Whatever happened to the steam engine?
    Oil.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    MTuccelli:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I AM ONE! and I had to fight in their **** WARS!
    I know I said I was done but this last part of your statement I found interesting. Last time the U.S. had a draft was Vietnam. We now have an all volunteer service, so tell me if you were not drafted you must of volunteered. Or I bet you were like one of those activated reservist units we had during Desert Storm and Restore Hope that bitched being their cause it was messing with their schooling or job. I apologize to any reservist or guard we have here. I know it is only a small segment that are whiners and signing up for reserve or guard duty fit their educational dreams and never counted on being activated.

So tell me squirrel is this the case with you, blame a govt for a war because it cut into your personal life? If you signed up I am sure no one twisted your arm. There are men and women that have come back messed up, some have lost family members some are on this forum and I can't recall them whining or pissing and moaning as much as you do.

Hasn't the man earned the right to express a critical opinion of our reasons for sacrificing blood and treasure in what he believes was an unjustified use of military force without having his character questioned?