Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Let's Talk Barbeque

123457»

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    I also use mustard. I smoke with lump charcoal and wood chunks. I prefer a low temp smoke for longer. 225 is my target. I wrap at the stall which usually happens around 160-165. Take it to 200 and then place in an empty cooler for an hour. I use the oven instead of the cooler so I dont mess up a cooler.

I just wrap in a towel then into a cooler. Smoking pork butt in a Weber, 5 brickets using a ring of fire set up. I cook a little hotter maybe 300 to 325

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@genareddog said:
    I also use mustard and rub it but let it sit in the fridge over night. Smoke at 225 and wrap it after 3 hours and let it go until reaches 200 then put in a cooler until ready to eat.

Exactly the same here but I let rest before smoking bringing it to near room temp. Oven or microwave (off of course) for 45 minutes.

Edit for spelling

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you everyone! I will pilfer all of your hard earned knowledge and claim it as my own when asked. Updates coming tomorrow

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    Thank you everyone! I will pilfer all of your hard earned knowledge and claim it as my own when asked. Updates coming tomorrow

Waiting....

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe things didn't go well

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably on his way back from the restaurant

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great bud.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Definitely low and slow. Also, try pulling it at 200-202. Also, I love slaw on my pulled pork sandwich. The slaw cuts through the smoke for a perfect harmony.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91
    Did you use a pellet smoker?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Definitely low and slow. Also, try pulling it at 220. Also, I love slaw on my pulled pork sandwich. The slaw cuts through the smoke for a perfect harmony.

220, 221, whatever it takes.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@peter4jc said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Definitely low and slow. Also, try pulling it at 220. Also, I love slaw on my pulled pork sandwich. The slaw cuts through the smoke for a perfect harmony.

220, 221, whatever it takes.

I meant 202, definitely not 220

Edit, I did put 202. Thanks Blue

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter