Home General Discussion
Options

Done

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Last year, I began smoking cigars. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the plethora of cigar forums populating the internet. I'm not a person that typically joins forums and if I did, I would be lucky to post once or twice. I even ran my own blog for a few months (not cigar related) and that couldn't even keep my attention. As I checked out all the different cigar forums, I noticed that I didn't care for the tone of most of them. They seemed to be rather elitist, cliquish, or just not very inviting in general. Then I found this forum while looking up reviews on some cigars. The demeanor here seemed different. Everyone here seemed like very real, normal guys. People got along. Lots of joking. I actually thought I might fit in here. So I created an account. I started off pretty slow. I think it took me about 2 months to hit 100 posts. Then I really hit my stride and felt at home. I finally felt like a fellow BORK earlier this summer. Many people are BOTL, but to be a BORK was something even more special. To be a part of this wonderful community was really special. I'm not so sure I feel the same way today as I did earlier this summer. Lately, the fun-loving, everyone-gets-along community has been the exact opposite. It has been really sad to see the behaviors exhibited by so many of this great community. I honestly expect better from many of you. If this was the forum I saw months ago, I'm sure I never would have given this place a second thought. I hope we can get back to where we once were. I feel a little stupid being the one to post something like this with such a short time here, but it needs to be said.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I apologize if Ive conducted myself in any way that has negatively impacted your feelings regarding this Forum.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    no need to feel stupid at all. I'm totally with you Tony. it's definitely not what it used to be...
  • Options
    I like turtles.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I apologize to you Tony, and anyone else I may have offended.
  • Options
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I like turtles.
    freak
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also will appologize for how far out of hand it has got. I hope to get back to cigar chat as well.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ... one of the reasons i dont post as much as i used to.
    feels like something changed on the forum.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize that the Angels are hacking all over Verlander's fastballs as I type this.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I will apologize as well...it is a great community and everyone should feel at home!! I'm sure nobody meant any harm but I do completely understand what you are saying.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    hmmm............
    I don't know..............I have been here 16 months or so, but not nearly as much as I used to, as I spend much of my "cigar" online time on several other sites now, where as a year ago it was spent primarily here. And, I now do most of my buying on other sites (sorry ccom).

I still lurk and check in enough to have a general pulse of the Forum, but definitely not the "trade" or "bomb" activities, so I can't comment on that.

That being said, imvho, this forum is still, by far! the most civil, friendly, non-cliqueish, true "botl" friendly Forum out there from what I have seen/experienced, and I frequent 8 other well known forums regularly.
    Has it "gone downhill" with respect to behavior and communication?.......possibly.........but it's still the best forum out there.
    just my two cents............

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think being a BORK is being able to get past any and all BS. To be able to move on from a disagreement. It could be over cigars, religion, poiltics etc... If you look at the Passes section, I see people in the same pass, maybe even sending to each other. If you looked at the political debates on here you would think they hate each other... but people move on. I know we all will.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Last year, I began smoking cigars. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the plethora of cigar forums populating the internet. I'm not a person that typically joins forums and if I did, I would be lucky to post once or twice. I even ran my own blog for a few months (not cigar related) and that couldn't even keep my attention. As I checked out all the different cigar forums, I noticed that I didn't care for the tone of most of them. They seemed to be rather elitist, cliquish, or just not very inviting in general. Then I found this forum while looking up reviews on some cigars. The demeanor here seemed different. Everyone here seemed like very real, normal guys. People got along. Lots of joking. I actually thought I might fit in here. So I created an account. I started off pretty slow. I think it took me about 2 months to hit 100 posts. Then I really hit my stride and felt at home. I finally felt like a fellow BORK earlier this summer. Many people are BOTL, but to be a BORK was something even more special. To be a part of this wonderful community was really special. I'm not so sure I feel the same way today as I did earlier this summer. Lately, the fun-loving, everyone-gets-along community has been the exact opposite. It has been really sad to see the behaviors exhibited by so many of this great community. I honestly expect better from many of you. If this was the forum I saw months ago, I'm sure I never would have given this place a second thought. I hope we can get back to where we once were. I feel a little stupid being the one to post something like this with such a short time here, but it needs to be said.
    Let me start by saying, I belong to no other forums, I have hung around tons but never pulled the trigger. I joined this one because it was different! A little weird, but different! You all are a great bunch of guys! And DO NOT let a couple of threads change anything you do! Post how and when you want, and stay real! If I read something I don't like, I move on! This forum is full of opinions, and this is just mine! Please stay! I still need help!! LOL
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I apologize that the Angels are hacking all over Verlander's fastballs as I type this.
    On a serious note, I can honestly say that I love this forum. And I love all of you active members who participate in it no matter how big/small your humi is. I learn something new from each and everyone of you every single day whether it's cigar related or what ever it is you cooked for dinner last night. If you are a BOTL/BORK, you are very welcome to come to my home and have a smoke. My humi will always be open.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    On a serious note, I can honestly say that I love this forum. And I love all of you active members who participate in it no matter how big/small your humi is. I learn something new from each and everyone of you every single day whether it's cigar related or what ever it is you cooked for dinner last night. If you are a BOTL/BORK, you are very welcome to come to my home and have a smoke. My humi will always be open.
    I like seeing what comes out of your humi, does that count for something?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    You bad, bad man...
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    you're gimpy gimerson these days. you probably can't even open your humi
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    That's it....I'm bombing someone Monday....pure destruction
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    That's it....I'm bombing someone Monday....pure destruction
    Oh snap! (a little old school sland there)
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    Is that ...... are you ...... are you asking what kind of doo doo destruction my humi can (will) do to you?
  • Options
    No! The interpretation skills on this forum suck, lol. Just admiring what you send/smoke brother.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    No! The interpretation skills on this forum suck, lol. Just admiring what you send/smoke brother.
    Oooohhhh. You just want to see the inside of my humi. Well let me take a pic. Give me a few, brb. ;)
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    Oooohhhh. You just want to see the inside of my humi. Well let me take a pic. Give me a few, brb. ;)
    :)
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lancero, lancero, lancero....
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    :)
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    Thats funny, minus my name, nice humi lol.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Understand that this forum has ebbs and flows. I also used to spend 100% of my internet time on here. I also used to write a overly detailed review about each and every cigar I've smoked and I also have been gone from this site for months on end. But all these things happened about a year ago and before. This forum is a living breathing thing, and you can get out of it what you want. I've done about 3 trades/bombs in my life here and I don't just get into that sort of thing, but it's no problem. I never participate in the political threads, but that because I don't know what I'm talking about and I absolutely HATE the religious threads, but I just never click on them

I think the forums have changed as well, but that's because times and economies and people change. I think they've changed by there aren't the 100's and 100's of threads on "How to season a humi" or "What does BOTL mean?" or "DON'T USE THE GREEN HUMIDIFIER" threads. I've seen a fellow canadian poster get railroaded out of these forums and it was ugly, I never got involved and never judged, I just let the forum do it's own thing.

So it may get crazy around here, but it's crazy for every BOTL out here! The economy sucks, jobs suck, it's an election year and all these things weigh heavy on the mind, so even if they come to these forums and try to relax and calm down on here, those emotions have very big undertones and sway people's words and actions.

ALSO, don't EVER not question these forums, we govern ourselves, so we NEED people to question things around here, but that being said, give it some time, it will come back, maybe not in the same way, but it will come back and become a bigger or smaller part of your life, but it will move on.

I wish I could go back to the days when I started and Maddy, Kuzi, Urbino and SO MANY more guys were still regulars, but their lives have changed and they can't be the same person.

Thank you for your post, but as a veteran I say stick with it, it'll do ya good.
  • Options
    So, soldier .......... are you really gonna make me work for your addy?
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Soldier huh? Yes I am.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Soldier huh? Yes I am.
    wait ..... your current location is where again?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Soldier huh? Yes I am.
    At BN, silly. Right next to BDE.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Soldier huh? Yes I am.
    Asscrackistan