Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Thank You & Farewell

My dear Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf,

Due to the absolute horseshit Ive seen on the forums this weekend, Im calling it a CCom career. These are not the only recent issues that have made me feel like I dont fit in this community, only the ones which have cemented the feeling. Hate and rage are NOT why I come here, and I dont wish to witness it anymore, so Im taking the advice of one of our new members who told the "vets" of the forum that if they didnt like the way the forums were changing, they should just move on.

Sage advice. Thank you.

So, to wit - I want to extend my sincere thanks to the great people I have met here over the years. You provided a total newb who couldnt figure out how to fill his lighter when he came here an invaluable amount of great information about the hobby and always have been there to answer my questions, no matter how far into the "again with this?" or "what is he talking about?" categories they happened to fall into. I appreciate you taking me into the community with open minds and hearts, and making me feel like a part of a great family. Just in case nobody has told you lately, you ARE appreciated and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.

This will be my last post on the open forum. For anyone who wishes to stay in touch with me, please shoot me a pm and we can exchange email / phone / etc information to keep in touch. I hope to hear from many of you who have become friends over the years. If you happen to see me ghosting on the forums, it is for that purpose and that purpose ONLY. I will check in periodically for a week or two to facilitate this, but thats all. In short, Im done folks. To quote from a pm I once received from a friend on here, "Read enough, heard enough, seen enough."

I leave you to it folks. Remember, these forums will only be what you, as a group make of them. Best of luck to you all.

Sniper OUT.

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    what in the flying fucktards did I miss?
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    although i dont know you that well, i have heard alot about you, and read and learned alot from your posts or replies. i am but a humble noob, but its sad to see you go. thanx for the things you dont even know you taught me!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've ever spoken to you before today, but Godspeed and thanks for learning us.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Boooooo
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sniper, PM to you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Godspeed Glen, you are a good man
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey brother I'm sorry you feel the way that you do! I really hope you will stick around! I do understand where you are coming from but it seems you have put time into these forums and it's ashame you are leaving. I know we have not really exchanges words but as a member of the forums I feel we all count and a loss of one member especially a vet member is horrible! I hope you consider staying and if not I wish you the best!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Hate to see it Glen, but completely understand. I too am going to pop smoke for a bit and let people get back to enjoying this forum. Stay in touch brother.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PM to you Glen.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Jesus christ glenn....retards with attitudes like that never last for the long haul and disappear...out the disrectful little **** and see it be gone...how do I always miss the drama until its a good member leaving...whoever this ones about, good job fu*ko...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, man. I go inactive for a month or two and this happens? The hell did I miss? PM to you, Glenn.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't like seeing anyone leave.
    As I told another member, it's like part of the family leaving and that is never good.

Families often have their problems and problem children.
    When someone leaves, I'm bothered by that. It means that we, the members of the forum failed.
    Especially when they leave on bad terms and are a liked part of the forum.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Jesus christ glenn....retards with attitudes like that never last for the long haul and disappear...out the disrectful little **** and see it be gone...how do I always miss the drama until its a good member leaving...whoever this ones about, good job fu*ko...
    +infinity
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    What a shame. We wish you well, Glen.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Glen. Sorry to hear this. Hope you reconsider. Yours is one of the voices I can trust here.
  • Options
    Sniper, PM to you sir.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Glen. Sorry to hear this. Hope you reconsider. Yours is one of the voices I can trust here.
    +1...Gonna miss ya brother, check your inbox for a PM

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Glen, Thank you for your contributions to this forum. I would wish that you would reconsider, but I know that wont happen. If there is anything that I can ever do for you........Greg.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to here this.
    So long my friend.
    :-(
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    WTF? I've been a little busy, haven't seen anything of the magnitude to cause something like this. You and I haven't always agreed, but I've always respected your opinion. PM to you.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    One of our finest members leaves us today.. Many of you will never know what Sniper brought to this forum. Those that received one of his bombs with the threat of " I Keeel you ! " will never forget. I am going to miss you.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    ??? Mr. Glen you have a PM Sir....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn ... Glen you have a PM from a few days ago about our talk . I have all your numbers bro and you have mine . What a cryin stinkin shame to lose a guy like this . This forum has definitly changed in the 4 years I have been here , lot more bad attitude and a lot less " little friendly cigar hangout " . *%&^$#@!*&^%$#@! Sorry to see ya leave here bro , yours is one of a handful of old timers names I look for when I log into the forum .

I know I spend a lot less time here than in the past due to family / life things that need to come first but damn I hate to see this . And if a new-comer made the comment if the vets don't like the way the forum is changing move on ... to you sir or madame ... I applaude your agility ... able to put your foot in your mouth and your head up your a_ss at the same time ... your parents must be proud .
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    God Damn, Glen! I have no idea what the friggin' hell I missed but I get your frustration all the same. I get so sick of the bickering hogging up posts on threads I'd otherwise be interested in reading I stay off the forums longer and longer myself.

I have had an ABSOLUTE BLAST conversing, trading and bombing back and forth with you. In my opinion you are the epitome of a BOTL and I will dearly miss your presence on the forums. Be well, brother.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    What a shame. We wish you well, Glen.
    +1
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    one less reason to stop by.

im trying, though.
    ...for the love of the leaf and the respect of what the team at Cigar.com has accomplished here and the joy this place has brought to my heart in the past.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    And if a new-comer made the comment if the vets don't like the way the forum is changing move on ... to you sir or madame ... I applaude your agility ... able to put your foot in your mouth and your head up your a_ss at the same time ... your parents must be proud .
    It was me, I am the one that made the comment. My comment was not directed towards the vets of the board, and was never meant to be taken as me saying that a vet should leave because the forums are changing. I was questioning a vet on what he was saying and that what he was saying was going against what he was saying. Looking back, I was totally out of line.
    All I was doing was standing up for a new member, and myself and others who are new and not like seagarlover, and I for one dont want to be grouped in the same "new member" group as seagarlover. I sent Sniper a PM apologizing if he took my post the wrong way and that if my actions were the the straw that broke the camels back, that I would hope that he would reconcider. I am new to cigars and to the forum, and I dont want the reputation of a trouble maker or *** head. I just wanted to set the record straight with all of you, and my sincerest apology to all members new and old. My intentions were never to piss anyone off or offend anyone.
    Russ
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I quit coming here as often because it is not the same, so long brother you are legend here!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Russ622:
    gmill880:
    And if a new-comer made the comment if the vets don't like the way the forum is changing move on ... to you sir or madame ... I applaude your agility ... able to put your foot in your mouth and your head up your a_ss at the same time ... your parents must be proud .
    It was me, I am the one that made the comment. My comment was not directed towards the vets of the board, and was never meant to be taken as me saying that a vet should leave because the forums are changing. I was questioning a vet on what he was saying and that what he was saying was going against what he was saying. Looking back, I was totally out of line.
    All I was doing was standing up for a new member, and myself and others who are new and not like seagarlover, and I for one dont want to be grouped in the same "new member" group as seagarlover. I sent Sniper a PM apologizing if he took my post the wrong way and that if my actions were the the straw that broke the camels back, that I would hope that he would reconcider. I am new to cigars and to the forum, and I dont want the reputation of a trouble maker or *** head. I just wanted to set the record straight with all of you, and my sincerest apology to all members new and old. My intentions were never to piss anyone off or offend anyone.
    Russ
    Good for you for apologizing Russ.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glen, You were the very first person to PM me when I had a question about my humi. It was my first day on the board and you walked me thru getting it seasoned propperly. This forum benefits from people like you and leaving will not make this place better... only a little more empty. Stick it out brother.