Home General Discussion

Strangest Flavor

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I'm smoking a La Aurora Preferido that I believe Lee sent me. I retrohale..and taste peanut butter. It was amazing, but not really what I was expecting. What is the strangest flavor you have encountered?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Mango
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pine sol flavored cardboard. I'm not joking nor am I being sarcastic.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    So you are admitting to having eaten Pin Sol and cardboard before, interesting.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strangest flavor...... Hmm... A Nick's Stick.... Really the whole thing didn't taste anything like a cigar or tobacco. It tasted like ...well... how my sons diapers smell. Like crap and burning hair.... And like Dan I am not trying to be funny or cute.... I mean it... Crap and burning hair.
    Oh...and creme brulee
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh...and creme brulee
    Don't know if burnt marshmallow is odd, but it was AWESOME!!!! Can you remember what stick it was that you got the "creme brulee" from Dustin?
  • black walnuts. very distictive flavor if you've ever had them.
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh...and creme brulee
    Don't know if burnt marshmallow is odd, but it was AWESOME!!!! Can you remember what stick it was that you got the "creme brulee" from Dustin?
    I think Vinny nad I got the burnt Marshmallow from Black Market lol. Creme Brulee was from EP Elencos
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh...and creme brulee
    I think Vinny nad I got the burnt Marshmallow from Black Market lol. Creme Brulee was from EP Elencos
    Speaking of, what did you pick up in that Cuaba?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Champagne and the oddest was the smoke felt carbonated on my tongue. It was great but had to keep feeling my tongue to make sure I wasn't going crazy!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    black walnuts. very distictive flavor if you've ever had them.
    That is a very pungent flavor! Hmmm... I've gotten some beef jerky in a few of the little padrons. Sweet, smokey, spicy. Maybe not too weird, but delicious. Or maybe I'm crazy!

Oh!!a nasty mustard taste in an RP edge corojo. Blah
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    bigjohn125:
    That is a very pungent flavor! Hmmm... I've gotten some beef jerky in a few of the little padrons. Sweet, smokey, spicy. Maybe not too weird, but delicious. Or maybe I'm crazy!

Oh!!a nasty mustard taste in an RP edge corojo. Blah
    Mustard? Eh..that's somehow worse then bleach.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Still waiting to hear the circumstance that ended in you eating some pine sol soaked cardboard...yuck. Mine was gingerbread cookies, in a nestor miranda SS
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Monica Lewinsky, but I got that smoke from my buddy Bill.....
    pross:
    Monica Lewinsky, but I got that smoke from my buddy Bill.....
    Pross, quit fluffing! ;)
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    mmccartneydc:
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh...and creme brulee
    Speaking of, what did you pick up in that Cuaba?
    def got the vanilla note bro. I felt it tasted young, and i see why the guys that like this speak of aging them for a long time. It was excellent until the last end of the final third, otherwise the finish was excellent.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Fluffy! What's up bro?
    pross:
    Fluffy! What's up bro?
    Update your bio..just saying.
    blurr:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Still waiting to hear the circumstance that ended in you eating some pine sol soaked cardboard...yuck. Mine was gingerbread cookies, in a nestor miranda SS
    I went to the Jelly Belly factory and they had prototype samples of Pine Sol and Card board flavors. I grabbed a handful of each.
    danielzreyes:
    blurr:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    I went to the Jelly Belly factory and they had prototype samples of Pine Sol and Card board flavors. I grabbed a handful of each.
    Well, in that case, did they also have the poo flavored that you seem so fond of?
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    blurr:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Well, in that case, did they also have the poo flavored that you seem so fond of?
    Aw c'mon. Everyone has tasted poo at least once or twice out of curiosity right? hehe...right??? I mean, yeah ... I didn't think so, my friend said that. He's gross!
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    blurr:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Aw c'mon. Everyone has tasted poo at least once or twice out of curiosity right? hehe...right??? I mean, yeah ... I didn't think so, my friend said that. He's gross!
    LOL, I literally just spit coffee out, Lol.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    blurr:
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Have the raji Mtucelli has!! If you want to know what poo tastes like lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Caramel
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    ive had that in a cigar as well.

the strangest flavor i have had in a cigar was a light herbal jasmine.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Aromatic Arugula vegetables flavor
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    nice. what cigar did you get that from?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Macanudo Vintage 2000. I got that distinctive flavor at 2/3 then at the final third the spiciness finished with Wasabe kinda quick spiciness through the nose. I know most of us do not count General cigars but this is a great smoke. Mild but full of flavors, aroma with dimensional spiciness. I did a review in my journal.
    kuzi16:
    rzaman:
    nice. what cigar did you get that from?
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    If you've ever smelled a decomposing body and the way the the odor lingers in the back of your throat. Add that to sun-baked South Korean rice paddies (fertilized with human waste), along with hints of biting into aluminum foil.

That my friends, took blending genius.
    Steve2010:
    If you've ever smelled a decomposing body and the way the the odor lingers in the back of your throat. Add that to sun-baked South Korean rice paddies (fertilized with human waste), along with hints of biting into aluminum foil.

That my friends, took blending genius.
    What the hell smoke was this?