Home General Discussion

DC area herf

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
Gentleman and Ladies, I am going to be in the DC area for a conference from nov 9th until Nov 14th. Was wondering if anyone would like o set up a herf, or give me any suggestions for a place to go. Thanks!

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I know someone lives close by that would be awesome to herf with. Rick!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Now I need to figure out how to justify a "business trip" to the wife and my EMS Director...
    I've got it!! I can say it's Fire Fighter training on the dangers of smoke-filled and volatile environments!
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds promising!
    If you're flying, you could reschedule to fly into Lexington and mysteriously miss your connecting flight. Just sayin'...
    Hmm..too bad work scheduled it all
    Your work should know how much more important a herf is, as opposed to your actual job... Pooty!!!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Your work should know how much more important a herf is, as opposed to your actual job... Pooty!!!

PM incoming Sir...
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Given the right timing I could possibly attend.
    RCY Cigars:
    Toombes:

PM incoming Sir...

No message yet, Rick.
    Roman, just messing with you man. I know that everyone here is a stand-up BoTL who put in long hours at what they do. Job first, then we play.
    Toombes:
    RCY Cigars:
    Toombes:

PM incoming Sir...

No message yet, Rick.
    Roman, just messing with you man. I know that everyone here is a stand-up BoTL who put in long hours at what they do. Job first, then we play.

You were right the first time...But like you said, we will definitely play after work. I would love for this to happen on Saturday the 10th to maximize the BORKs and SORKS what are coming out. But, like you said, depends on my work schedule. I am going to try to get it all set up this week. I'm looking at around dinner time somehow, so need suggestions for a lounge that is open then.

RCY sent me a PM, maybe that what he was referring to?
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might able to swing it if it goes down on the 10th...Dont have anything going on that weekend as or right now that I aware of..keep us posted!
    smoke em if you got em:
    I might able to swing it if it goes down on the 10th...Dont have anything going on that weekend as or right now that I aware of..keep us posted!

I will know more tomorrow, but as of right now lets plan it for saturday evening the 10th. Is there a lounge that serves drinks and allows you to smoke? I am staying at the Melrose hotel on pennsylvania avenue.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Trident:
    smoke em if you got em:

I will know more tomorrow, but as of right now lets plan it for saturday evening the 10th. Is there a lounge that serves drinks and allows you to smoke? I am staying at the Melrose hotel on pennsylvania avenue.
    Sounds like you'll probably want to hit up Shelly's then. Just bring your own sticks with you (but I'm sure you probably would have anyways).
    jasonusa1:
    Trident:
    smoke em if you got em:

Sounds like you'll probably want to hit up Shelly's then. Just bring your own sticks with you (but I'm sure you probably would have anyways).
    i have been to Shelly's once awhile back. I'm not too sure about the dc area since I live about 1.5 hrs south of dc. Keep me posted
    There are more than enough lounges in DC and Maryland.
    so looks like i will be free on saturday evening after 5pm. Who's up for this herf? Can someone in the area spearhead this...pick the place, etc? and just let me know what to do and where to go?
    bump.
    Bueller?
    Doing some volunteer work with family on Saturday. Sorry brother...maybe next time!
    Roman, I will herf with you on Saturday. A few of the guys have obligations to attend to this weekend. But not me my friend. We will make the best of it...
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    This should be interesting.....lol
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    Looking forward to it rick. I PMed you my cell number, so let me know where you want to go, even post it up here so if any other BORKs can join they know where we are.
    We will go to Drapers. And possibly the T B lounge in Maryland, depending on the time.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Drapper is a great lounge with great collection. The owners Matt and John are great guys.
    RCY Cigars:
    We will go to Drapers. And possibly the T B lounge in Maryland, depending on the time.
    Sounds good. Text me so I have your number and we can figure out plans fr sat
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Rick, are you from DC area?
    I'm from Maryland, but everyone knows the DMV (DC, Maryland and Virginia) is one big city.
    Just looked up drapers. Looks awesome guys
    Looking forward to tonight! Anyone else coming out?
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    Looking forward to tonight! Anyone else coming out?
    Wish I could be there :(
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...