Home General Discussion
Options

So I guess I'm all in.........(Unboxing)

ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
There's a sense of excitment this morning that comes with knowing UPS is paying a visit. "Out for delivery" is such a great phrase. The hours tic by, then suddenly THE DOORBELL!

I feel like a friggin' 10 year old boy on Christmas day! Cant wait to tear this thing apart.
It's big, it's wood (that's what the neighor lady said).image

Hello Gorgeous!

You guys keep talking about beads for humidification, will these be enough?

I dont see any turning back now......

Now to work on filling her up!

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Remember to start by throwing away those humidifiers!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    and dont for get to get a digital hygrometer.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Rain:
    I'm salt-testing the digital hygrometer now and was thinking of using the humidifyer cases and fill with KL. Would this work?
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Eric!!! You can start thinking about your second humidor now.
  • Options
    ehehat:
    kuzi16:
    Rain:
    I'm salt-testing the digital hygrometer now and was thinking of using the humidifyer cases and fill with KL. Would this work?
    Time for my nubness to show thought..what is KL? I've heard of people using the cases to put beads in, so if that's what you mean, then sure.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    ehehat:

Yes
    Rain, KL= Kitty litter.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    ehehat:

Yes
    Rain, KL= Kitty litter.
    Oops, sorry. On that note, Should Kitty litter work at the same volumes as beads? using an online calculator I should only need 4oz of beads for this size humi. Can I assume to use the same amount of KL?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nice! that looks uber cool
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Congrats Eric!!! You can start thinking about your second humidor now.
    Thank you! I've been eyeing some of those cabinets but I think that could lead to marriage counseling so for now, if/when I outgrow this I'll have to go with a cooler.
  • Options
    ehehat:
    allsmokedup:
    ehehat:

Yes
    Rain, KL= Kitty litter.
    Oops, sorry. On that note, Should Kitty litter work at the same volumes as beads? using an online calculator I should only need 4oz of beads for this size humi. Can I assume to use the same amount of KL?
    Never used kittly liter, but the principle of beads should be the same: use more then you need. Like double. It will help your humi recover more quickly and keep it more stable.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    she's a beauty. congrats.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ehehat:
    allsmokedup:
    ehehat:

Yes
    Rain, KL= Kitty litter.
    I would use a lot more then that dude. The more you have, the more stable the environment. For me? I would use about a lb in there, and adjust volume until it stays at 63-65. This is precisely why you want to season patiently until the humi holds solid for a few days. I have a humi about that size, that is solid at 66/67 on top and 63ish on bottom. It has 1lb and a couple gel jars.
  • Options
    FYI....I would buy 6 tubos and use one in each drawer, but that is just me. Actually....I have 6 corona tubo's if you want them. You can poke a ton of holes in them with a small pin and fill them with beads dude. Been using tubos for a while, or you can just use it as a reason to guy buy some Avo tubos at Cigarsandnewstands....
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Damn. Now you have to fill it. A most horrible experience. Then you have to test the damn sticks daily. Who's got the time? Open, close, open close....... Now you need more sticks and more humidity. I'm feeling for you brother. Oh, and don't forget to get out into the world from time to time. Congrats.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    FYI....I would buy 6 tubos and use one in each drawer, but that is just me. Actually....I have 6 corona tubo's if you want them. You can poke a ton of holes in them with a small pin and fill them with beads dude. Been using tubos for a while, or you can just use it as a reason to guy buy some Avo tubos at Cigarsandnewstands....
    tubos might not be a bad idea. I'm trying to find something that wont take a bunch of room at the bottom which is why I was hoping I could use the existing humidifier cases and fill with litter. Looking at the dimensions of the rectangular Heartfelt it seems those beads must be much more dense than kitty litter. I cant come anywhere near fitting 4oz of litter in those cases. Speaking of seasoning, Dustin, PM to you.
  • Options
    Very nice, congrats...mine would fit in the top part LOL!!!
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Damn. Now you have to fill it. A most horrible experience. Then you have to test the damn sticks daily. Who's got the time? Open, close, open close....... Now you need more sticks and more humidity. I'm feeling for you brother. Oh, and don't forget to get out into the world from time to time. Congrats.
    It sounds like I'm in danger of letting my fingernails grow way out and storing my urine in bottles. Thanks for the advice. I'll have to keep watch for that. :)
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Alright!!!!! Very Nice!!! Enjoy,, For some reason I hadnt ever thought of puttin beads in a hygro,, Ive put gel crystals in them and it didnt work out.. I must try this,,,Thanks!!!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's gnarly Eric. Totally digging it dude. Congrats.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    That's gnarly Eric. Totally digging it dude. Congrats.
    Be careful Bro Montana, your Cali is like totally showing. And thanks. By the way~ using the Stogie Stand for the first time. This thing is totally b!tchin!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Alright!!!!! Very Nice!!! Enjoy,, For some reason I hadnt ever thought of puttin beads in a hygro,, Ive put gel crystals in them and it didnt work out.. I must try this,,,Thanks!!!
    Thanks! I'm read about the beads in the hydrometer a here somewhere. I'm no where near smart enough to think of that on my own.
  • Options
    HarleyHetz:
    Very nice, congrats...mine would fit in the top part LOL!!!
    This thing is so much bigger than my first but I figured if I knew I was going to go bigger and I could get this for the same price as most 100ct AND its had some great reviews by people here how could I not jump on it?
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice bro! I believe I have the same one, so I may be a little biased!! Lol
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice man, love the color of it.
  • Options
    ehehat:
    catfishbluezz:
    tubos might not be a bad idea. I'm trying to find something that wont take a bunch of room at the bottom which is why I was hoping I could use the existing humidifier cases and fill with litter. Looking at the dimensions of the rectangular Heartfelt it seems those beads must be much more dense than kitty litter. I cant come anywhere near fitting 4oz of litter in those cases. Speaking of seasoning, Dustin, PM to you.
    the tubos will allow you to put them in each drawer. You could probably put 1/2-3/4 LB in. Let me know, maybe I'll just deliver.
  • Options
    reggie713:
    Very nice bro! I believe I have the same one, so I may be a little biased!! Lol
    If I'm not mistaken yours was one of the endorsements that lead to my purchase.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, glad I could help!
  • Options
    reggie713:
    Sweet, glad I could help!
    If it wasn't for all you people I'd probably be pulling a swisher sweet out of the freezer right now.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful! I am going to be getting my hands on one in a few weeks when I get home, thanks to a forum brother ;)
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Nice. Dustin those drawers don't open, only the bottom 2 and they are just accessory drawers. The other 4 are just buttons to look fancy. Somewhere around here I have pics of how I cracked open those humidifiers and cut the foam out, replaced it with beads (or Litter Pearls) and put the metal back on and snap it back together. thats a great way to reuse those containers. I've been using mine for 4 years now and they work great, just 2 of those with Conservagel beads keeps my humi rock-solid at 67rh, but I also have it full of cigars so that helps stabilize it after opening.
    A few things to keep in mind. If you use beads or litter in those humidifier cases, you need to keep them lying flat. Don't attach them upside down with the magnet on the lid (you will get dust all over your cigars). I put one flat on the lower level and one flat on the upper shelf. It takes up some room but it works flawlessly.
    I also have been having great success lately with recharging by evaporative means. What I mean by this is when you start to notice your rh dropping by a few points, place a jar of distilled water somewhere in the humidor. Leave it for a few days and keep checking on it. The beads or litter will absorb the moisture out of the air (as opposed to pouring distilled directly on the beads). Its just a matter of preference, but this has been working well for me. There is nothing wrong with spraying or misting your beads, just another option you can consider.
    Enjoy that beauty, I have the same one and love it.