Home General Discussion
Options

Pick Joe's Smoke

13»

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That's exactly what I was thinking as I extinguished this cigar. I thought that if I were to choose today any one cigar to age and try again in a year, this would be the one.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I have two Bolivars that have some pretty decent age on them... the cellophane looks more like yellophane :) I cannot wait to crack one of those babies out.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive got a bolivar in a tube from 06. it didnt make the cut out of the aging humi so its got another year or so before i light that one up.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    5 Vegas Gold Torpedo

I have been consumed by a never-ending quest to find a Connecticut-wrapped cigar that I actually enjoy. I've not found any thus far that seemed worthy of a permanent place in my humidor -- until tonight. This stick burned cool and even the whole way through. The taste, while mild, was by no means bland. I found myself swimming in a sea of thicker-than-expected smoke, and almost bathing myself in it in an effort to extend my enjoyment.

There was a fair breeze, which helped the cigar to retain its light, but not so much as to create any burn issues. In fact, this was one of the best-burning smokes I've had. There was really no body to speak of, not that it had been expected, but I was overwhelmed by the magnificent flavor here. I will stock this in quantity, and it will be my first choice to share with a non-smoker looking to try a cigar, or for a cigarette-smoker who tends to occassionally inhale the smoke. This will also be my go-to mild smoke for the time to come. All this comes on the heals of the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut, which was a big disappointment for me, and I had almost concluded that I couldn't get along with any cigar carrying a Connecticut wrapper (although I'm determined to try that one again).

The evening here was spectacular. Cool for NC, sitting on the deck, watching the many rabbits which frequent our backyard for the security of our fence. They've gotten quite a bit bigger as the summer has gone on, and they seem to no longer have any fear of me or my cat, who sits faithfully beside me as I read and smoke. Special thanks here to Scrambler for shipping this to me, and to Urby for supplying me with a backup in the Churchill. These will be a part of my next order, for sure.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Glad you found one you like, duty. Here's another one to try: Avo Domaine.

I've had exactly 2 cigars in recent weeks that blew me away: the Fuente Don Carlos and the Avo Domaine. (OTOH, I liked the Cusano 18 Double C much more than the 5 Vegas Gold, so maybe we have different tastes.)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to settling down with a Gold, they sound really good from all accounts I've seen, and I have liked everything 5 Vegas thus far.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i liked the cusano 18 more than the 5 vegas gold as well. i think its only because i find the gold a bit too mild for me. the cusano is mild but not quite as mild as the gold.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Glad you found one you like, duty. Here's another one to try: Avo Domaine.

I've had exactly 2 cigars in recent weeks that blew me away: the Fuente Don Carlos and the Avo Domaine. (OTOH, I liked the Cusano 18 Double C much more than the 5 Vegas Gold, so maybe we have different tastes.)
    The Avo Domaine was an excellent cigar my only beef with it was it bleed on my lips excessively. My wife kept laughing at me bc my lips were bright orange.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Seriously? What would cause that? They're not flavored or anything, so far as I know. I didn't have anybody around to check out my lips, but I don't think I experienced that.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Its just the nicotine/tar in the tobacco. It builds up at the head of the cigar.