Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

If you receive a gift, bomb, package...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I doubt anyone would be offended. Normal protocol is to PM said bomber and thank them. Ask if they mind you posting their bomb to you. They may or may not want anyone to know. Usually they all say yes, post away. But there are occasions when they would prefer you not because of whatever they may have sent was just for your eyes only. Example, ISOMS would be one. Because it is considered the forbidden fruit. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I don't buy into that excuse that "life gets in the way". With today's smartphones and the technology that comes with it ie..web surfing and text messaging, there should be no problem sending a PM or text. Unless you can't break away from your game of angry birds or some other mind numbing thing you are doing, there is never an excuse. Plain and simple just bad manners.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    Question... After reading this thread, I realized I usually never pm the bomber, but instead post pics and my appreciation in the open forum. What's the proper etiquette there? Have I offended anyone by not also sending a pm???
    Nope,, one or the other is fine. I think appreciation in the open forum is the preferred method. (unless asked not to,,for whatever reason) I think the main jest of all this was to at least aknowledge it in some way or form.. Taking pictures, uploading, editing and then posting can take a bit of time so if one doesnt have the time to do all that,, then at least have the decency to send a quick pm and let the sender know that the pkg has been received. This scenario has happened to me a few times as well.. just like Tony described. Not everyone is considerate.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    There are exceptions.. accidents, sickness, deaths, Hot water heater bottom falling out.. which may delay ones aknowledgement for a day or two.. Another exmple would be,,,, Im gonna be away for the next couple weeks so if anyone sends me a bomb between now and then. they wont receive an aknowledgement from me until I return.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Come to think about it, I almost never send a PM. I just post away. I try to express my appreciation in the post.......In all seriousness....I apologize if I have offended anyone, it was not my intent......
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Im with the bear on this one. I tend to show appreciation by showing what the sender had shipped out and whith following up with Pm's.

They deserve at least a thank you for taking time out and thinking of this individual that was willing to bestow some cigar loving.

If I have offended anyone in the pass, please accept my humble apologies. Now with off my chest....whatcha smoking tonight gang!!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this thread should have been started tomorrow during the Airing of Grievances. Festivus is nearly upon us!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I know I have failed at least once on this account. No excuse for it. And to the one that had to prod me about his package, I am again sorry.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Thanks for this thread. I have tried to post pics on the forum for all of the bombs received. There was one when I was really busy that I just acknowledged the sticks without posting pics. I have rarely sent a pm to the sender right away, but I will do that in the future. I also hope I have not offended anyone because sometimes it takes me a couple of days to post the pics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hayblet:
    Always remember your towel and DON'T PANIC!! sorry I rambled there at the end
    nice hitchhiker reference.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Greg:Such a horrible person... I am so repulsed by your actions and I feel like I need a moment to take it in and think. Its like December 21st all over again.... the world may end
    Ok in all seriousness a PM is a good rule of thumb at a minimum. Id also echo what Ricky said. Maybe the bomber would like to keep things private. You know an intimate bombervictim relationship is important.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Greg:Such a horrible person... I am so repulsed by your actions and I feel like I need a moment to take it in and think. Its like December 21st all over again.... the world may end
    Ok in all seriousness a PM is a good rule of thumb at a minimum. Id also echo what Ricky said. Maybe the bomber would like to keep things private. You know an intimate bombervictim relationship is important.
    Stockholm syndrome?
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    bigfnsteve:
    Stockholm syndrome?
    Richard Hammond of Top Gear called it Helsinki Syndrome one time...
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    As someone who doesnt bomb awhole any more when I do I like to keep things private for several reasons.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    HERFDOG:
    bigfnsteve:
    As someone who doesnt bomb awhole any more when I do I like to keep things private for several reasons.
    SOUNDS LIKE HIGH SCHOOL STUFF I LAUGH YOU AND CATFISH IN THE SAME CLASS
    Go away Chris..and have a Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Personally I think this is a great post. When I started posting this last summer I got the only two bombs that have ever found me from 2 great people. Being a noob Tony took me under his wing and explained the process of acknowledgement. I say this is a great post because sometimes people just don't know the proper etiquette but posts like these help people learn.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    See, I can grok that. At's why I often prefer laying bomblets on motorcycling strangers I meet on the road. Feel more like the tooth fairy that way.

Sides, this forum is rife with heavy hitters up with whom I cannot keep. Let them compare their pics.

OTOH, I don't usually pay for tracking, either. A PM helps know it got there safe.

Hope you all got to give away everything you wanted to this year.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)