Home General Discussion

Cigar Aficionado's 2012 cigar of the year

13»

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Roberto99:
    bbass2:
    Really cool of you to step in this thread btw.
    +1 you're welcome to hang around here with us. If you do though, you may want to check out the trades, passes and bombs section to see what you might be getting yourself into! :-)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Without further commenting on the Top 25 itself (since I've only tried #1 and #25 and thus have commented thus upon them already), has anyone noticed that a number of brands that both C.com and its "other main online competitor" flog so heavily in their catalogues and sites have no reviews at all on either CA or CJ? There's not one review of 5 Vegas, Man O' War, Diesel, La Herencia Cubana, Ave Marie, or Ramon Bueso. Not the I particuarly care about any of these brands, but one wonders whether there's some kind of bias against these brands on the part of the magazines. It can't be a "too many cigars not enough time" issue because reviewing cigars is their job.
    I've seen MoW in CJ.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    David Savona:
    Private label brands that are only sold via one outlet aren't rated by Cigar Aficionado. So if a brand is only available via one catalog or Internet source, or is a special brand made only for one retail shop, we won't rate it. The focus is on brands that you can typically find at a wide variety of brick and mortar shops throughout the U.S. and the world. Hope this helps. David Savona Cigar Aficionado
    now this here is right from the source.

please post more about your review process.
    im sure this would help a few of the guys around here understand how you get the lists and the numbers.
    i may not agree with all of CAs numbers/lists but i do respect what they are doing. it sure has opened my eyes to a few smokes that i would have otherwise never tried.
    They have a video on the process. Very informative

"Long ashes my friends."