Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Why your handle/username?

Comments

• Options
    Mine was from the song by Arrested Development "Mr.Wendal"... the nickname stuck after that song. I HATED that song for quite some time but have grown to like it.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    just my name. nothing original with me. i feel i have nothing to hide so i don't put up a fake screen name. if i say it i mean it and you know who i am so not hiding behind anything being a internet tuff guy or jerk. just a real person with real love for the cigar.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Just my first name and first letter of last name. 99 is a numerology reference. I added it because name was already taken without the numbers.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually did my first contest based on this topic. I used to go through the Tim Hortons drive through every morning on the way to work. Everyday, I would have to say "sleeve please" as they handed me my coffee. I was always amazed that I had to ask every time. Avatar is obvious. Tigers rule.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Just a few innitials thrown together. Easy to remember that way. The icon....that's my dog. She's saved my life more than once so the least I could do is put here pic here.....and in the paper a couple of times...oh yeah, she likes to take the pet birds for a stroll in the summer

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Handle is one of my email addys. Avatar is just a pic of the cool scene from the end of Apocalypse Now where Martin Sheen raises his head out of the river.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Handle is one of my email addys. Avatar is just a pic of the cool scene from the end of Apocalypse Now where Martin Sheen raises his head out of the river.
    I thought that was Encino Man taking a bath. d'OH

Mine's obvious and my avatar is me...probably at least 5 years ago now. You can't read it but the neon sign reads "Stay Away."
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Rain Ironcross was my Dungeons and Dragons character name back in the dizzay.
    My oldest daughters name is rain but we spell it Rayn
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Mine is from back in the day when runescape came out and it was the username it generated for me, my name is Taylor Gibson so it makes sense, and now i go by Mr. Gibbs here at work since i work at pirates of the carribbean.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    The type of coffee I enjoy.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeep edson:
    just my name. nothing original with me. i feel i have nothing to hide so i don't put up a fake screen name. if i say it i mean it and you know who i am so not hiding behind anything being a internet tuff guy or jerk. just a real person with real love for the cigar.
    thats a pretty cool name.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Mine is medium stupid, when I first signed up to use the boards, the first two usernames I wanted were taken, so I typed in "letsgowithbob" and it took it. My names actually Kris, and my avatar is just a pic I thought was pretty funny.
  • Options
    NeleneaNelenea Posts: 90
    one of my characters from the online game Everquest.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Mine is neither clever nor funny just a snapshot of my life. I am a native Floridian and I have travelled this great state from end to end camping in my TT multiple times like a gypsy, hence "fla-gypsy", a screen name I use on many RV forums as well.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I'm an underground miner named Dan. My avatar is a deer I shot a few years back.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan, that's pretty cool. I've been intrigued by the history of mining for a while. In part because my great-grandpa once owned a coal mine. It was a small strip mine, and right after he bought a dragline, the depression hit. Goodbye mine.

I've also read up and visited some "ghost towns" and historical mining sites in the Southwest, mostly AZ. As well as established a friendship with a guy who works in mine reclamation for the US Gov't. I don't know why the whole industry fascinates me, but it does.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Musicman is because I love music. I love listening, playing and going to concerts. The 3 stands for the 3 guitars I have. My av picture is a picture I took from a concert.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    The Marine part is pretty self explainatory. The ATBN part stands for Anti-Terrorism Battalion, a unit I belonged to when I created an email account. The 03 is the first two numbers for the Military Occupation Specialty and is the Infantry/Combat arms designation.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for chiming in, musicman3 and marineatbn03.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    I used to play for a paintball team when I was younger. The team name was insomnia. PB stands for paintball, although many people seem to think peanut butter for some reason! lol
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    insomnniapb:
    I used to play for a paintball team when I was younger. The team name was insomnia. PB stands for paintball, although many people seem to think peanut butter for some reason! lol
    I pictured late nights with a jar of Peter Pan and a spoon...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    insomnniapb:
    I pictured late nights with a jar of Peter Pan and a spoon...
    hey!! there is nothing wrong with insomniapb's post! dont judge me!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I love guns, and glock is what I carry. 1975 birth. I'm getting old
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Because I got bored of my other one.
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Any hints???
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Growing up, my best friends Dad was a Colonel in the Air National Guard.. he used to take us fishing all the time.. I cannot remember him without a cigar goin..
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Any hints???
    No Tony. Anyways, smoke any fine sticks lately? Or did you give them away in a bomb?
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000:
    SleevePlz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Any hints???
    No Tony. Anyways, smoke any fine sticks lately? Or did you give them away in a bomb?
    Lol, yes. Should I assume you are the same person that asks that all the time? I'm actually taking a break from all the games for a little bit to catch up on some cigars that you guys sent me. I think I have around 100 gifted cigars to smoke through. Man, I need it to warm up outside!
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    S first letter of first name, a first letter of middle name, Vas first three letters of last name. And it is spelled the same forward or backward. As for the avatar, I work around radioactive isotopes. Before anyone asks, no I don't glow in the dark :)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    SleevePlz:
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Any hints???
    Lol, yes. Should I assume you are the same person that asks that all the time? I'm actually taking a break from all the games for a little bit to catch up on some cigars that you guys sent me. I think I have around 100 gifted cigars to smoke through. Man, I need it to warm up outside!
    You're tellin me