Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Why your handle/username?

Comments

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    yes a warm up would be great! i smoke in the house anyway, but not as much as i would if it was a nice, warm, sunny day!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    RailJockey - I work for a Rail Road and used to be an engineer and ran trains for a living....so hence the term RailJockey, as for the avatar, i took that picture on my back deck of a MF cigar that i was about to fire up......
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    It's just my initials...really creative, huh. The avatar is a "tree face" my sister gave me and I put it on the door of the shed I built a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    RailJockey - I work for a Rail Road and used to be an engineer and ran trains for a living....so hence the term RailJockey, as for the avatar, i took that picture on my back deck of a MF cigar that i was about to fire up......

My son would completely idolize you. He's been obsessed with trains since before he turned two and he just turned four. Obsessed may not be a strong enough word honestly.
  • Options
    bbass2:
    Rail Jockey:

My son would completely idolize you. He's been obsessed with trains since before he turned two and he just turned four. Obsessed may not be a strong enough word honestly.
    I have a nephew the exact same way. Pm to you
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Rail Jockey:

Big +1 Thomas Trains and Legos all day everyday.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    bbass2:
    Rail Jockey:

I've never been on a train...it's a definite bucket list item.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    bbass2:
    Rail Jockey:

I have rode Amtrak a few times, and it is a nice way to travel. You guys should do that once take your sons on a little trip.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    PM replied. Pardon the thread derailment
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    bbass2:
    Rail Jockey:

I have rode Amtrak a few times, and it is a nice way to travel. You guys should do that once take your sons on a little trip.
    i jumped on a moving train once, when i was about 15! if you guys ever get the chance....dont do it!! damn near ripped my arm off!!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I completely idolize you! Trains rock.
    Seriously though, my son outgrew the Thomas thing, but we used to get out the track when he was 4-5 and build throughout the whole upstairs of our house, in and out of rooms, down the hall, around the stair landing...
    That plastic Thomas track is fun stuff! Ended up garage selling or giving away all of it. He just lost interest. Now we've moved on to Legos. They hurt more when you step on them, but we still have a lot of fun with 'em. He just had an all-Lego birthday after getting a ton for Christmas. Star Wars kits keep dad happy, too.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I love 12ga shotguns and have 8 of them and my name is John so there you go.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    for hunting???
  • Options
    ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Mine is my email address. First initial and last name. I guess I missed the warning about how this will be your username in the forum. Not sure I even knew what a forum was exactly when I joined. My avatar is me skiing in Antarctica by the Coast Guard cuter POLAR STAR.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ShotgunJohn:
    for hunting???
    For hunting quail, pheasants, chuckars, grouse and rabbits. Others are for trap shooting and then of course home defense.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    very nice!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this. I've really enjoyed your stories.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    It's what I do ;)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no cool story behind mine ,,,, just an "abbreviation" of my name.
    first used it on my xbox account many moons ago and have used it on different games/forums/etc. since then.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I used to mix techno a lot and never had a dj name. One day I was listening to a mix I had just finished, and my wife said. Hey I like that, who is it? My reply was well that's me mixxing. She goes.....brilliant there is ur name. Deejmemixx.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Well my username.... simply my family nickname (Mac)... with a nuance for here macs-smokes. Nothing fancy just me.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough, my username is also a former DJ name. I still mix trance and house music, just in my dining room uploaded to the internet instead of parties and clubs. I didn't really have a neat name or anything like that and my buddy Caleb was obsessed with branding me. We were standing on his back patio with our friend Steve and I'm sure I said something crazy, to which Steve responded "You are clearly suspect." Instantly, Caleb announced, "You are Clearlysuspect!" It stuck then, and has as my username everywhere for 10 years now.

I go more by Phil By The Way now as a DJ, which came from a similar story years later where a partner I was DJing with was trying to brand me once again. He noticed that I would end up talking to people in the club for 30 minutes plus without introducing myself. This was always followed by "I'm Phil, by the way." I think this is a little more appropriate for a father of two. ;-)

The photo is at a wine festival at Historic Long Branch west of DC. I was pretty drunk on the way out. They had these big flags flying over the country side. Turned into a pretty good photoshoot.
  • Options
    Great stories! Keep them comin...
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bump. Get some noobs.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Well mine is a mixture, Tyl is part of 2nd sons name, And is part of 1st sons name . The 64 is part of my Army aviation call sign from back in the day.
  • Options
    No great story here.. Born in Philly, raised in the surrounding area (South Jersey) and now reside in Southwest Florida. Tampa being the closest big city though still a good 80+ miles to the north. It's the username I use for pretty much everything.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I am a full time musician. About a dozen years ago I did a gig at a Halloween party with some casual jam buddies. We did some classic rock and blues. I was in character as a blues musician and gave myself the name Poopy Jones. My buddies have called me Poopy Jones ever since. My real name is Michael and I am a cigaraholic

Great thread BTW!
  • Options
    Poopy Jones:
    I am a full time musician. About a dozen years ago I did a gig at a Halloween party with some casual jam buddies. We did some classic rock and blues. I was in character as a blues musician and gave myself the name Poopy Jones. My buddies have called me Poopy Jones ever since. My real name is Michael and I am a cigaraholic Great thread BTW!
    Welcome Michael.. From a bunch of enablers! Lol
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poopy Jones:
    I am a full time musician. About a dozen years ago I did a gig at a Halloween party with some casual jam buddies. We did some classic rock and blues. I was in character as a blues musician and gave myself the name Poopy Jones. My buddies have called me Poopy Jones ever since. My real name is Michael and I am a cigaraholic Great thread BTW!
    Welcome Poopy.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to be here