Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Old Game Revived

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man John just the thought of hot buttered roll action has peaked my interest. Nice review!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of my favorites. I have 2 of that size left,and a box each of the churchills and coronas with already a year in the coolidor. Your guess was AB SCR. The mystery stick is actually JdN Celebracion Consul. Glad you enjoyed the sticks and the game. Let's keep it rolling fellas. Anyone else wanna play?
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Just another post for support. I really like reading through these blind reviews!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    This is one of my favorites. I have 2 of that size left,and a box each of the churchills and coronas with already a year in the coolidor. Your guess was AB SCR. The mystery stick is actually JdN Celebracion Consul. Glad you enjoyed the sticks and the game. Let's keep it rolling fellas. Anyone else wanna play?
    Wow great read and review, had my mouth watering the whole time, and makes me wanna go find this JDN Celeb. Consul smoke I have never had 1 . Good job guys, wish it wasn't so freakin cold here or I would get in this game.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Well --- I was right that I hadn't smoked it before ... (but I think I was bombed one fairly recently)

How aged was this one, just curious?
    And have you noticed the buttery, yeasty roll flavor with this one? Or did I just have dinner on my mind?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:

hmmm, buttered rolls sound good. Oddly enough, I just smoked my first JdN Celebracion. Reading this made me run for my review notes. I didn't get yeast, I guess, but I did get butter. In fact, I said an herb butter.

In the end I really liked this smoke; it was smooth and it made me want to not think about what I was smoking, but I forced myself to do so. I think it's a great smoke.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    I am going to send to Stsepaststtststttsssebebs....the new guy :) I just need to get over this cold a little. Maybe tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
    jgibv:
    Poker Slob:
    Well --- I was right that I hadn't smoked it before ... (but I think I was bombed one fairly recently)

How aged was this one, just curious?
    And have you noticed the buttery, yeasty roll flavor with this one? Or did I just have dinner on my mind?
    Buttery yes, but yeasty roll I'm not sure of. The consuls have about 2 years on the coolidor. This is my go to stick in a pinch.
    Finally over this cold! I will be getting back to herfing in the next few days. I also have some ready to ship to Stsepas and those will go out asap as well.
    Glad you're back in business. Looking forward to your opinions on some blind sticks.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    How do you get in on this?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    How do you get in on this?
    yeah I kinda want in on this!!
    Money can't buy taste
    The more people we have, the more fun it will be. Vision will send sticks to Stsepas, Stesepas will then send to Rain. When Rain receives his sticks, he can send to Lee.mcglynn. Does that look good for everyone? If anyone else wants to get in on the game, please post and we will follow in order.
    Perfect... I have hockey tonight but will ship Monday. I have them put aside. Just need to box and ship. Sorry its taken so long for me to keep this moving. But thank god I am over that cold!
    Vision:
    Perfect... I have hockey tonight but will ship Monday. I have them put aside. Just need to box and ship. Sorry its taken so long for me to keep this moving. But thank god I am over that cold!
    Glad you're feeling better bro. Look forward to your reviews on the other sticks.

Im just looking forward to get back to smoking. Stsepas has a package on its way to him.
    Bump. I will be getting back to smoking soon and Sts should have it there today
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I got my mystery sticks from vision yesterday
    I plan on smoking mystery stick "A" tomorrow!
    BUMP

I met up with Stsepas over the weekend. He said he would post soon. He did smoke A. I still need to find time to burn down the next one. Better weather ahead!
    Sorry about the lack of picks. I'm still posting from my phone and can't get em to upload… Mystery stick A = this stick was about 5-52 maduro. It had a perfect burn no touch up required at all. The stick started out with earthy, and pepper notes thru the 1st 1/3rd. The pepper faded and I picked up a cream/ nut flavor. Then finished tasting almost hazelnut.
    My guess is a CAO MX2

Stsepas:
    Sorry about the lack of picks. I'm still posting from my phone and can't get em to upload… Mystery stick A = this stick was about 5-52 maduro. It had a perfect burn no touch up required at all. The stick started out with earthy, and pepper notes thru the 1st 1/3rd. The pepper faded and I picked up a cream/ nut flavor. Then finished tasting almost hazelnut.
    My guess is a CAO MX2

Bingo! I will be smoking my next guess in the next few days...warmer days are here!
    Congrats. You nailed the first stick!
    B, and C are gonna b a lot harder. I had just picked up a sampler of the CAO MX2 before getting the mystery sticks. That helped quite a bit.
    Bump for updates.....???

My bad on the delay I smoked stick b and have notes just have to put some thought into it. Will post review, and guess in the am. Then I'll smoke stick c tomorrow so my part will b wrapped up tomorrow
    And I just need to dig them out of my cluttered wineador and should be able to smoke this weekend.
    Are either of you going to post on the sticks you've received? If not, I don't have a problem starting over.
    I am. Smoked stick B, and the review will be up b noon tomorrow.
    I'm gonna smoke stick C tomorrow afternoon, and post tomorrow evening

Once I'm done who am I sending my mystery sticks to?
    Burn'd down stick B today...... I will be honest.. I have no real clue. Robusto.....It had perfect construction... close to flawless. Spice up front with lots of flavor thru the first 3rd. 2nd and nub were the same with lots of leather and little spice... My guess is My Father. I am at a loss with this one. Ive had a ton of M.F. from my pass and it was close but not the same finish. It did have a year on it tho.... I will grab the reveal asap and post what it was!