Home Non Cigar Related

The fishing thread

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    A man can never have too many baits......  And my now 34 Plano 3700 series boxes will attest to that. Before I had CAS, I suffered from LAS (Lure acquisition syndrome). Especially if I get a deal on it. Didn't matter that I already have 4 more of the exact same thang, and then there are all the "Vitolas" of said bait.  :D

Houston, I have a problem. 
    Same here except not to that extent.  I have 12 that are packed to the brim.  I can only fit 8 in the boat.  That does not include the 2 large plastics bags that I have.  You also forgot to mention R&RAS.  Rod & Reel Acquisition Syndrome.  My dad and I have a 19 1/2' ranger and between the 2 of us, cannot fit another damn thing in it.  We have more rod and reels in that thing to start our own damn store.  Then the tackle.  It is a sickness.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where were you fishing?  Fresh water or salt?
    I took out my youngest yesterday. We were after perch or walleye, however we only managed about 20 sheepshead. Stilla blast to catch on ultralight gear.

Where were you fishing?  Fresh water or salt?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Poor kid's got Brad's face ;)

I kid. I kid. He looks so happy to be out there with you. I'm Jelly.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking pics Brad and nothing better than quality time with your son, beautiful family and thanks for sharing!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Fresh water. If you look at the map of Wisconsin, this was the big lake on the east side of the state. Lake Winnebago

5 years old and he baits his own hook, takes the fish off and throws them back on his own. Still trying to get @Chalupa_Batman to do that.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Fresh water. If you look at the map of Wisconsin, this was the big lake on the east side of the state. Lake Winnebago

5 years old and he baits his own hook, takes the fish off and throws them back on his own. Still trying to get @Chalupa_Batman to do that.
    Good for him. He'll probably out fish you before long. 

The seagull and Pelicans confused me. That, and the mention of sheepshead. I thought those were strictly a saltwater fish. Never heard of 'em in fresh water before.   Thanks...
    Fished in a tournament this morning with a outdoorsmen club I joined.  I placed 2nd and the guy I was fishing with took first.  He beat me with a 4lb 8oz large mouth as his largest of 5.  I had a 3lb 15oz Large mouth which was my largest of 3.  Our smallest was 2lb 8oz and nobody else had anything over 2lbs.  This was the biggest bass I have ever caught so far.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Fished in a tournament this morning with a outdoorsmen club I joined.  I placed 2nd and the guy I was fishing with took first.  He beat me with a 4lb 8oz large mouth as his largest of 5.  I had a 3lb 15oz Large mouth which was my largest of 3.  Our smallest was 2lb 8oz and nobody else had anything over 2lbs.  This was the biggest bass I have ever caught so far.
    They get bigger! I try to throw big bass lures for the most part since I'm not w tourny guy yet. But you'll get smaller numbers but bigger bass. So far my biggest was 6.2 pounds and that's pretty good for where I'm from. But I do do work for the guy that has the state record smally so that's always a challenge between us when we talk fishing lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go brad!  What did you do different from the others?  Fish deeper perhaps?  

I may may be going to lake Geneva tonight. I hear the bass are going well in about 20' with drop shot and other soft plastic techniques. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    edited August 2016
    They all fished shorelines and docks with plastic.  We took cranks and spinners and went and worked around a hump in the middle of the lake.

This was a small lake but deepest goes to about 38ft.  The hump comes up from the 38 to 5ft or so.  Its the only structure in the lake besides shorelines.  Clearly it was the best spot today.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!  Main lake structure is the way to go in the dog days of summer. You are fast becoming a bass ninja!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I love fishing deep structure and ledges and humps! I always start with a big jig then try a good ol Carolina rig. Either one you can't go wrong with in those situations
    Money can't buy taste
    Brought Jonah out today to break in his new fishing pole he got with his birthday money
    https://youtu.be/sc1WFf0z2O8
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

AWWRIGHT!!  Way to go, Jonah. You'll be out-fishing your dad in no time....    :D
    Awesome, thanks for sharing Brad!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always misread the subject of this thread. I have a dirty mind
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ah, you must be thinking of noodling...

http://www.fishingloft.com/catfish-noodling.html
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Great pic Skel, looks like you guys had a grand time and had lots of fun, thanks for sharing and you have adorable girls and family brother :)

Brett
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skel said:
    Got my girls up to the boundary waters this past weekend. Did a little fishing between exploring and swimming. 
    Watch out for those chiggers. Watch out for those skeeters. Watch out for those no-see-ums. Watch out for those leeches. Watch out for those ticks. Watch out for those black flies. Enjoy.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis wow what a great Day fishing. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    We had another limit today for the 6 of us but tonight was party night. 10 pitchers of beer and a round of old fashioneds for $55 and then we came back to the cabin and kept it going.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caught my only one of the day.image
    Yay ice fishing season is here. 

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay ice fishing season is here. 

I love fishing. Sweet or Salt Water, but I prefer my water in liquid form.

But if I lived in the land of ice and snow, i would learn
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like good times Brad
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good start to the season!