Home General Discussion
Options

I'm baaaaaaccckk

2»

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's right. I'm spreading tobacco cooties.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Glad to see you back Landon. Sounds like you had a good vacation.

Check your inbox.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LMAO, urby you are a freaking trip dude. Yes I really did have beetles no they weren't too bad but I will be freezing all my cigars before they hit my humi from now on.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    Andy you did answer your own question. The length of time they need to be in the freezer/fridge depends on who you talk to but you're right in that you don't store them in there. HOWEVER, I do store my humidors in wine fridge that is set at 65 degrees to prevent beetles.
    I thought I did, just wanted to confirm it. I have heard of this wine fridge recently over here but that some wine fridges also monitor humidity. I'm not definate on the humidity but i think I have seen it before. If so that may be the ultimate fridgador once you line it with cedar from old cigar boxes.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm never seen one that monitors humidity.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Do you know which cigars were responsible ( or is it irresponsible ?) for the infestation..I knock on wood every time I peek into my humidors, that would creep me out..
  • Options
    I may have to look into that myself, I'm curious now. I need a wine fridge anyway.
  • Options
    Kasper to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. The last cigars to go into the humi were the RP Summer Blends but I highly doubt they were the cause. The only cigars with holes were one Nub and one RP Sungrown so who knows.
  • Options
    Andy I picked up a used 48 bottle for $60. Its ugly but its perfect.
  • Options
    Not bad at all. We have a clearance Home Depot back home that has some for a decent price. I am just racking up ideas for when I get home. I won't know where to start, wait...start with a fresh smoke!
  • Options
    I'd say you celebrate with one of the ridiculous sized Gurkha's that you get with the first month of Cigar of the Month club. Which you should definetly sign up for. Just sign up like 3 or 4 days before you come home so it'll be waiting on you when you get there :).
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Kasper to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. The last cigars to go into the humi were the RP Summer Blends but I highly doubt they were the cause. The only cigars with holes were one Nub and one RP Sungrown so who knows.
    Well at least those critters have good taste, were they in cello or "naked" ?..
  • Options
    Nub was in Cello, Sungrown wasn't
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Nub was in Cello, Sungrown wasn't
    I guess that shoots down my wrap it theory.. At least it wasn't your barber pole Nub.. I would have heard the anguish from here..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Well at least those critters have good taste, were they in cello or "naked" ?..
    Now I'm picturing tobacco critters with little cellophane raincoats.
  • Options
    I did not take any cigars with me that would have made me cry if they'd been ruined.

Urbino, sometimes I don't know whether I should laugh or shake my head at your comments but I always end up laughing.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I did not take any cigars with me that would have made me cry if they'd been ruined.

Urbino, sometimes I don't know whether I should laugh or shake my head at your comments but I always end up laughing.
    I've been saying that for a while now... Urbino must have a staff of writers to come up with these witty comments, Did you read his review on the Sherpa flavor profile well that was truely masterful. He is fun to be around..
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I'd say you celebrate with one of the ridiculous sized Gurkha's that you get with the first month of Cigar of the Month club. Which you should definetly sign up for. Just sign up like 3 or 4 days before you come home so it'll be waiting on you when you get there :).
    I may have to do that. I have never tried a Gurkha nor the 5 Vegas but everyone talks about them on here. I wiil try them when I get home for sure.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    I may have to do that. I have never tried a Gurkha nor the 5 Vegas but everyone talks about them on here. I wiil try them when I get home for sure.
    Hey Andy, Post a few more times and get involved in some of the PIF, Fun & Games, or MAW, games and we all know what to send you.. Have you checked that stuff out yet..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:

I've been saying that for a while now... Urbino must have a staff of writers to come up with these witty comments, Did you read his review on the Sherpa flavor profile well that was truely masterful. He is fun to be around..
    Thanks guys. The upside of being weird is that now and then you say something people find funny. The downside is, well, you're weird.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Thanks guys. The upside of being weird is that now and then you say something people find funny. The downside is, well, you're weird.
    LMAO, so have you employeed writers or are your multiple personalities helping out?
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    Andy you shouldn't have told me that. I believe a 5 Vegas classic loaded bomb may be heading towards Iraq with the water pillows ;).
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    Andy you shouldn't have told me that. I believe a 5 Vegas classic loaded bomb may be heading towards Iraq with the water pillows ;).
    Ixnay on the ombbay lingo, Maddy. That would be an ISD: Improvised Smoking Device.
  • Options
    Hey watch it Urby or once I replenish I might throw one at you too!
  • Options
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:

The first step in recovery is the realization that there is a problem...
  • Options
    We got us a 12 Stepper ... how long Kas?
  • Options
    Kas is a friend of Bill? Oh, I'd better stop talking about bourbon.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    We got us a 12 Stepper ... how long Kas?
    Only 12 steps why rush things ? I need at least twice that many...