Forum Respect Part 2

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:
    Sticks and stone my break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I learned that as a kid. Some of you cats are a bit too sensitive. Did you hear the one about the white guy? Can we still make jokes about them? Jeez. Its starting to sound like a bunch of women. Oops, may have offended someone.
    Who you calling a white guy !!!! I like cracker thank you ! LOL Being one its easy ! :) No room for anything racial. Again some take that really badly. Me Pfffft... I have every race and creed in my family and damn well proud of it !
    This offends me as well. Please standby for a tirade of insults.
    Hope ya'all have thick skins ! :)
    I believe you just offended my American Indian heritage as well bro, since you referenced skin, and i could take offense to that.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:
    Sticks and stone my break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I learned that as a kid. Some of you cats are a bit too sensitive. Did you hear the one about the white guy? Can we still make jokes about them? Jeez. Its starting to sound like a bunch of women. Oops, may have offended someone.
    Who you calling a white guy !!!! I like cracker thank you ! LOL Being one its easy ! :) No room for anything racial. Again some take that really badly. Me Pfffft... I have every race and creed in my family and damn well proud of it !
    I believe you just offended my American Indian heritage as well bro, since you referenced skin, and i could take offense to that.
    Yup it is the belittlement of ideas and such that I was talking about. While the posse may find comments like these funny, they are not productive, are offensive to particular members and should no more be tolerated then a head on attack should be.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:
    Yup it is the belittlement of ideas and such that I was talking about. While the posse may find comments like these funny, they are not productive, are offensive to particular members and should no more be tolerated then a head on attack should be.
    Then take some xanax dude...

Now go ahead and type your tirade... It's the internet, electronic communication, and people need to chill and go smoke a cigar instead of playing mommy.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:

Now go ahead and type your tirade... It's the internet, electronic communication, and people need to chill and go smoke a cigar instead of playing mommy.
    Says the guy who last week was mocking some of the BOTL who left regarding Mods, but was holding a private session with Mods only in the last day or two. Take some of the advice you have given to others here and things may be better for the forum at large and not just your little corner of it. DEWD
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I love you guys.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    cubs rule!!!!LOL
    i can agree with that.....Cubbies for LIFE! Cards still suck a big one tho..
    Fixed and +1
  • Options
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:

Says the guy who last week was mocking some of the BOTL who left regarding Mods, but was holding a private session with Mods only in the last day or two. Take some of the advice you have given to others here and things may be better for the forum at large and not just your little corner of it. DEWD
    This place was so much more awesome when you left dude.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    brianetz1:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    cubs rule!!!!LOL
    i can agree with that.....Cubbies for LIFE! Cards still suck a big one tho..
    Fixed and +1
    haha
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sigh. I know you guys probably think I'm generally an inflammatory @$$, and generally you're probably right, but that honestly was not my intent here. I was simply trying to bring up a less thought about side of the respect coin, but one we should probably all think about more often. I used two recent examples, and that was probably a bad idea, but they were merely examples, not meant to bring issues back up. Let's move on from here, maybe one or two will take my advice in the post and maybe a flame war will be prevented. Maybe not, but I tried (note: I now probably have to prevent 2 flame wars for this to have been a useful post, now that it started one!)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:

we may not agree on things laker, but i like seeing you around
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    catfishbluezz:
    curtpick:
    beatnic:

This place was so much more awesome when you left dude.
    Actually you are wrong again. This place was the most awesome place on the internet. Then some people showed up and well things went down hill from there. Since I and a lot of others were here first, you have nothing to compare anything to. You would love it if all the old timers left wouldn't you? Then you could be the cop around here and call all the shots. You really get off on this stuff don't you? LMAO Wow if being a hero to your posse here is all you have to look forward to, then that is sad. I will leave or stay, post or not, come ond go as I please. Again feel free to take your own advice though.
  • Options
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Your post made no sense whatsoever. This pictures follows that up very well. LMAO. WHAT?
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm going to put my 2 cents into this. These forums have been around a loooooooooooooooooong time, even if you want to go back to the EOTAC ones (or something like that) I do seriously think people get butthurt too easily nowadays, seemed like before when a troll would come along people just ignored it and we moved on. Like someone said some 6 months ago we lost a lot of good Brothers on here due to some noob trolling people or harassing however you want to put it. Sure I don't post everyday, sometimes I even just ghost on the forums. I do my best to avoid the political/religion threads since my views will most likely offend someone... but again it comes down to that.

How or why as a society, more or less here, did we become butthurt so easily and everything is offensive? We're all adults here lets do our best to act like them. Do I like every single person who posts or who has posted here? No, and I would hope that isn't expected either. So let's move forward yes?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Actually you are wrong again. This place was the most awesome place on the internet. Then some people showed up and well things went down hill from there. Since I and a lot of others were here first, you have nothing to compare anything to. You would love it if all the old timers left wouldn't you? Then you could be the cop around here and call all the shots. You really get off on this stuff don't you? LMAO Wow if being a hero to your posse here is all you have to look forward to, then that is sad. I will leave or stay, post or not, come ond go as I please. Again feel free to take your own advice though.
    This is exactly what I knew you would write, and exactly why I posted what I did. Basically, over the last year and a half, I've had a great time being respectful and nice to everyone in here. When the Exodus happened, myself and others tried as hard as we could to jumpstart the forum again and make it a better place, while folks like yourself told everyone we suck. The funny thing is, not matter what we do, no matter how much fun we have, no matter how respectful we are to each other, assh0les like you come in and **** on everyone that joined after you. Last I checked, this is the greatest place on the internet, and most who hang out here agree. Unfortunately, there are still folks like yourself that feel entitled since they have been here a while to tell everyone that they suck, the place sucks, and that it was so much better before they got here. The reality is, things change, things evolve, and assh0les like you....are still assh0les.

Ever notice that the only people fighting and arguing on this site, are the same folks in the NCR forums yelling at each other all day? Other then the recent misunderstanding that Jose had, it's pretty much a small group with you included that are the "cops" that feel the need to "call the shots" around here. Meanwhile, the rest of us smoke, post what we got, help noobs, send packages, laugh about stupid crap, and enjoy the place. The actual number of people who get their tampons all bent out of shape is small. The rest of us love it here...and for the most part, let you and your "sheriffs" post your rants and tirades anytime some minute thing gets you bent. Grow up man...it's the internet...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of all things created or whatever... Lets move on and practice tolerance, this is my fun place to go!! Quit F'ing with it.....please!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    For the love of all things created or whatever... Lets move on and practice tolerance, this is my fun place to go!! Quit F'ing with it.....please!!
    i will stop now Jim, anyone wants to argue with me, feel free to PM. This place has been SO MUCH BETTER since people like you came around, and I respect your opinion Jim. Thanks for all you do bro.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    This is exactly what I knew you would write, and exactly why I posted what I did. Basically, over the last year and a half, I've had a great time being respectful and nice to everyone in here. When the Exodus happened, myself and others tried as hard as we could to jumpstart the forum again and make it a better place, while folks like yourself told everyone we suck. The funny thing is, not matter what we do, no matter how much fun we have, no matter how respectful we are to each other, assh0les like you come in and **** on everyone that joined after you. Last I checked, this is the greatest place on the internet, and most who hang out here agree. Unfortunately, there are still folks like yourself that feel entitled since they have been here a while to tell everyone that they suck, the place sucks, and that it was so much better before they got here. The reality is, things change, things evolve, and assh0les like you....are still assh0les.

Ever notice that the only people fighting and arguing on this site, are the same folks in the NCR forums yelling at each other all day? Other then the recent misunderstanding that Jose had, it's pretty much a small group with you included that are the "cops" that feel the need to "call the shots" around here. Meanwhile, the rest of us smoke, post what we got, help noobs, send packages, laugh about stupid crap, and enjoy the place. The actual number of people who get their tampons all bent out of shape is small. The rest of us love it here...and for the most part, let you and your "sheriffs" post your rants and tirades anytime some minute thing gets you bent. Grow up man...it's the internet...
    Are you talking to yourself... again?

You see yourself as someone really important don't you? You and others tried to jumpstart the forums??? What??? They were never in need of that. Your arrogance is showing again. It seems the real issue here is that some of the "older" members pose a threat to you. you like to feel like you are runnung things and with us around you can't do it here can you?

I have one word for you... KARMA
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to even touch on anything else here, but just wanted to fix something ...
    catfishbluezz:
    Other then the recent misunderstanding that Jose **and I** had
    Just like any other misunderstanding or miscommunication either here or in real life .... misunderstandings are the result of multiple parties interacting and something getting lost along the way.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've been in some of the most heated political arguments that we have had on the non-cigar board, and I can't think of one time when another poster actually called someone an ***. That's pretty direct, Catfish.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what's everyone so pissed off at each other about? We are all here for the same purposes that we all like cigars and brotherhood. I love u all
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Can someone move this to the "NON CIGAR RELATED" forum ?
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Well 1st and foremost we need to correct the misinformation that someone posted regarding the cubs and Cardinals. The cubs are a horrible disgrace to baseball. If it wasn't for Wrigley they should have been disbanded. But someone needs to play in that monument to baseball. The 2nd thing is yes the Cardinals fell apart in the playoffs... I was there. Saw every game. It was sad. Buuuut they still OWN the cubs.
    For you sensitive types who dont know me Im partially joking. I maybe a Red Birds fan... ok fanatic but I dont take it too seriously.
    Its the flippen internet folks. Get over it.
    F the cubs...
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Just to add MY 2 cents here...

I used to know a guy named Pedro. And he was a cool dude. Voice like an angel, too. That's how I'll remember him.

Yup.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:

You see yourself as someone really important don't you? You and others tried to jumpstart the forums??? What??? They were never in need of that. Your arrogance is showing again. It seems the real issue here is that some of the "older" members pose a threat to you. you like to feel like you are runnung things and with us around you can't do it here can you?

This is so f'ing hilarious.... Honestly, that fact you think I have some kind of egotistical need to run thsi place... I really have no idea where you get it from man.
  • Options
    Dupe post lol

I love Nachos
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    someone please pass the popcorn!
    what?! oops!........ this isn't the cbid forum.....
    sorry, my bad.......
    carry on............

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I just just feeel the luuuuuv ! Your all invited to my place this summer for a knock down drag out pawdy on the patio ! Now lets all just breeeeeathe ...... Better now ? Carry on.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:
    catfishbluezz:
    laker1963:

This is so f'ing hilarious.... Honestly, that fact you think I have some kind of egotistical need to run thsi place... I really have no idea where you get it from man.
    All I will say is that it is not only my opinion. Deal with it.

I was given some real good advice a minute ago via PM and I appreciate it and the timing for it to arrive in my inbox. Thanks you and I will now take that advice.
  • Options
    Well then, I guess my new nickname is fitting Daniel. Hmmmm... Anyone whom thinks that, please PM me and tell me if offended you in anyway, or if anything I have ever done here was in bad form. I assure you, I will make every effort to correct it. In the meantime, I'll still PM the mods when fake cuban sellers come on here. Even JDH and I settled our differences, which was the last time I went in NCR lol. I am really dumbfounded by anyone thinking I am some sort of policeman... Moron bomber, sure lol.