Home General Discussion
Options

March Madness Forum Sampler

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Been following the MM posts. Last year we got a ton if feedback that people wanted price over selection which has been a focus. Sales are great but it would appear we have upset our base here on the forums. Not my intention and I will see about making some some deal subs here at the end. That said, is much prefer to craft a special march madness deal just for you guys. I won't put it online, just one I will post here tailored to your suggestions. So hit me up by adding to this thread with some brands/stuff you guys have been wanting to try and I will cook something up. It will be hard to ease everyone but ill give it a shot!

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex, Your generosity and willingness to work with us crazy folk on the forums will never cease to amaze me.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex youre the man.......here are some of my ideas (wishful thinking or otherwise.

Partagas Benji Series, L'Atlier, Reconquista, Ortega Series D Maduro, San Cristobal del Sol, Asylum, Ditka. Of course the usual suspects----Padron Anny, Opus, L.Privada are nice too but Im sure those are hard to come by and will be quite popular.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Good to see your taking care of all the Riff Raff Alex. I would like to see some Padron ( Maybe the 3000 ) Or if your fancies tickling you the Anni Series 64. Maybe some Oliva V 's ... oh so many I would like to see..... AB Tempus Imper. are also tasty. Oh WTH throw some Man O Wars out there ! Surprise us !!
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    How about some Armada Coronas? or a corona/ lancero / small ring gauge sampler?
  • Options
    crazystixcrazystix Posts: 25

Thanks.  This is great.

Loved everything in the 1st sampler on Monday (Opus, Padron, Armada, etc) and also the Recon deal. 

Wish list for other March Madness samplers include:

• Oliva V
    • San Lotano Oval Maduro
    • Liga 9
    • L’Atelier
    • AB Black Market
    • Ashton VSG and ESG
    • La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor
    • anything My Father.

Thanks Alex!!!

• Options
    Vulchor:
    Alex youre the man.......here are some of my ideas (wishful thinking or otherwise.

Partagas Benji Series, L'Atlier, Reconquista, Ortega Series D Maduro, San Cristobal del Sol, Asylum, Ditka. Of course the usual suspects----Padron Anny, Opus, L.Privada are nice too but Im sure those are hard to come by and will be quite popular.
    I agree with Vulchor, I think a Ditka would be awesome. I am down for this. I would like a higher end sampler
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some Oliva V lanceros.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex, this is awesome. As far as the deals go, some good, consistent sticks mixed with some things I want to try might include any of the cigars below.
    LFD anything, really, with my preference in this order: Airbender, Double Ligero, Mysterio
    JdN Celebracion would be great for a deal
    +Another on the Ditkas
    Edgar Hoill
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Alex Svenson:
    Been following the MM posts. Last year we got a ton if feedback that people wanted price over selection which has been a focus. Sales are great but it would appear we have upset our base here on the forums. Not my intention and I will see about making some some deal subs here at the end. That said, is much prefer to craft a special march madness deal just for you guys. I won't put it online, just one I will post here tailored to your suggestions. So hit me up by adding to this thread with some brands/stuff you guys have been wanting to try and I will cook something up. It will be hard to ease everyone but ill give it a shot!
    This is why I love this community. Cigar.com, like any great business, knows how to take care of their customers. Alex, I applaud you as well as all of the workers at Cigar.com. I'd love to see a few of the newer releases in a sampler. Diesel Wicked, Ditka, Flor de Antilles, Black Crown, Edgar Hoill, and Genesis would be a great way to try out some of the new offerings out there. I only speak for myself, but funds have been tight lately so I haven't been able to try as many of the newer cigars on the market lately. Just my thoughts, but again thank you guys so much for all that you do for this forum and the cigar industry as a whole, it's very much appreciated.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +Ditkas, LGC trunk show, FDLA(if you have them back in).. I like the Lancero pack(bracket buster) that was set-up for Drew or "Underdog" Corona showcase or "Cinderella" collection of items that we don't see on the website? Damn I should be in Marketing, you hiring Alex? Thank's for soliciting our input, lots of great ideas headed your way! Thanks!
  • Options
    gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    I would love to see, La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva, Camacho Pre Embargo, LFD Air Bender, DPG Legado, Espinosa Habano thank you!
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex.
    Not going to suggest what to include, you already know what that is, and there's been plenty of good suggestions already.....and...you know what not to include.
    Higher End Smokes March Madness suggestion:
    1) Put together six different "high end" fivers at the same price-point (MF, LFD, Fuente, Padron, LP, etc.)
    Then, pricing as follows:
    -Buy one - $25 (or whatever ccom considers "madness")
    -Buy two - $45
    -Buy three - $63.75
    -Buy four - $80

Caveats (to "protect" ccom somewhat, and to give everyone a chance):
    a) only "one purchase" per customer
    b) if buying multiple fivers during your "one purchase".....they have to be different fivers (you can't buy multiples of the same fiver

• Options
    NitroManNitroMan Posts: 1
    CYB Lonsdale Club, DAVIDOFF PURO D'ORO DELICIOSOS, ACID Toast, ASHTON Churchill.... These are some of my fav.'s
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Oliva Serie V lanceros?  I have something for those of you looking for that...

email please!

• Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    How about including MOW Puro Authentico Maduro, LP Undercrown, Genesis, AB Prensado, My Father, 5 Vegas A
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Alex, again...thanks! Demonstrating the amazing customer service....way easier to keep a customer than find new ones.
    A lot of great ideas already. I especially like the 5 pack idea above, with LIMITS, esp on corona, lancero idea. Here is another, which is a modification to the expert picks collection:

How about an 'expert' with a 'theme' special? ie. an Alex's go to Maduro's, 'Tim's top shelf', 'Andy's rare/hard to find', 'Josh's favourite vitola', 'Tina's etc.
  • Options
    timb:

Oliva Serie V lanceros?  I have something for those of you looking for that...

email please!

Interesting. Much like last weekend's buy-one-get-one-free offer, I'm hesitant to email Tim because I'm afraid I won't be able to resist the deal :)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Alex, again...thanks! Demonstrating the amazing customer service....way easier to keep a customer than find new ones.
    A lot of great ideas already. I especially like the 5 pack idea above, with LIMITS, esp on corona, lancero idea. Here is another, which is a modification to the expert picks collection:

How about an 'expert' with a 'theme' special? ie. an Alex's go to Maduro's, 'Tim's top shelf', 'Andy's rare/hard to find', 'Josh's favourite vitola', 'Tina's etc.
    +1

Don't know if I'd be able to jump on any of them, but this is a very unique idea.
    If nothing else, I'd be very curious to see what you come up with.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    L'Atelier
    Zulu LAncero's
    Anything Avo lol
    Maybe Davidoff?
    Anything San Cristobal-hardly ever see it dropped, a lot of people like it
    100 anos or Padron FR stuff maybe?

I don't know man...so many people, so many palate's to please really.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    +1 on San Cristobal
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    and +1 on the L'atelier. Maybe some Air Benders.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex!

Box sales of DPG blue. I want to buy boxes and stash it away for 6-7 years.
  • Options
    bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Pueblo Dominicano, MOW Side Project 52c (yummy!) & Skull Crusher, 601 Blue, Edge Habano by Rocky Patel, Liga Privada Undercrown (awesome smoke!), Nica Libre Potencia, and Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial. Thank you so much Alex.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex this means a lot to us forum guys!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to the ENTIRE Ccom staff, I have seen a huge influx of the staff getting involved in the forum even more than their normal amazing top shelf quality and it is noticed and greatly appreciated! Thank you Alex as well for the special consideration for the forum, that means a great deal and can't wait to see what y'all come up with!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    thanks Alex....this means a lot.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    As someone who has been ranting all week, I would like to see this is why I continue coming back to CCOM over and over for all my internet purchases. You guys are a model of how all businesses should operate: don't be afraid to do what you need to do in order to make money off the masses, but also go out of your way to keep your most loyal customers happy. My checkbook is out, Alex. Make it happen. EDIT: Forgot to make my suggestion. Alex, I think the current weekend blitz (My Father Sampler) is a great example of what a lot of us expect out of march madness: undeniably super premium smokes in the $5-6 range. That is too tempting to pass up, whereas the Opus, Padron Anny, etc. sampler from Monday wasn't even close to getting me to bite at $12 per stick. I know you are thinking sampler, which is great. How about pairing it with a box deal, maybe offering an additional discount for purchase of both the sampler and box? I'd suggest something along the lines of Oliva V (except not that, since I just bought a box from the Beard!), AVO, LADC Mi Amor Reserva, Liga, etc.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    LFDs, My Fathers, Davidoffs, Avos, Don Pepin Blues
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    bearb:

I don't think the world can handle the beard's top shelf!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure it will be great, whatever you choose! Thank you Alex and all the staff at ccom! :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...