Home General Discussion

What are you favorite wrappers?

I know a lot of people on here like maduro wrappers, but my favorites are cammeroon and I guess my second favorite is sumatra. Whats yours?

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'd probably go the exact opposite, sumatra and then cameroon. Although I do like certain maduros quite a bit.
  • Stew3223Stew3223 Posts: 15
    I really like Corojo
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I actually like a maduro and then maybe corojo and then I don't know...

What I do know is that you put Honduran and Nicaraguan together and I'm usually happy
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Cameroon, Maduro, Corojo...Not sure about the order, a lot depends on the fillers and binder as to which wrapper I like the nost.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and another favorite of mine is Tupac
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Ecuadorian Sumatra, then probably Maduro.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I started thinking that Maduro is crap. I was like - I like milder cigars so I should like Connecticut, right? WRONG! I have been starting to hate Connecticut more and more... Realized at the end that I love Maduros. Sumatran comes next, but I do not have yet good experience with it...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    My favorite wrapper is the big plastic CCom cigar bag wrapped around my CCOM order ;)
  • Maduro, then Corojo. Oscuro is good too.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    Maduro cigars actually got a bad rap for being too strong a few years ago when cigars hit a popular streak. They were manufacturing them as fast as possible and rushing the treatment process, making them harsh and strong. If it's done right, a maduro wrapper should have a smooth mild-medium flavor. The maduro process really mellows out the leaf. So it makes sense that you like them.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I'm all over the board. I do like Maduro's (a lot) but I also like the connies, and Corojo. I am afterall a self confessed cigar ****.
    laker1963:
    I'm all over the board. I do like Maduro's (a lot) but I also like the connies, and Corojo. I am afterall a self confessed cigar ****.

Fluzie ...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Corojo, Maduro, Conneticut... and anything in a triple ligero offering is the best to me...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a well done natural is usually why i find myself reaching for most often as of late. but most of the regular purchases are maduro.

i like different wrappers different times of the year. Corojo is my favorite in the fall. cameroon in the winter. more of a sumatra in the spring. maduros in the summer. ill smoke anything at any time but those season pairings are most often.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Cameroon used to be my favorite but I seem to be liking EcSu more, recently. I would say those are my favorite followed by Maduro.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I would have to say I tend to lean toward Corojo wrappers most.
  • JFJF Posts: 54

I started out liking connies and corojos, though lately I've been a big fan of sumatras. Really, though, I think organizing cigars by wrapper is a bit simplistic - there's such variation in flavor even within the same wrapper-type, and after all, the wrapper's only 1/5th of a cigar... I tend to thing more in terms of blenders rather than specific wrappers, due to the fact that there really isn't any one common wrapper type that I haven't had at least one good experience with.

For those of you who liked connies int he beginning, and then came to hate them, give 1) Chateau Real and 2) CAO Black a try - gives you a really good idea of how much variation and depth of flavor can be brought out of even a traditionally mild wrapper type.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    laker1963:

Fluzie ...
    That's MR. Fluzie to you sir... :O
    Ha!
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    JF:

I started out liking connies and corojos, though lately I've been a big fan of sumatras. Really, though, I think organizing cigars by wrapper is a bit simplistic - there's such variation in flavor even within the same wrapper-type, and after all, the wrapper's only 1/5th of a cigar... I tend to thing more in terms of blenders rather than specific wrappers, due to the fact that there really isn't any one common wrapper type that I haven't had at least one good experience with.

For those of you who liked connies int he beginning, and then came to hate them, give 1) Chateau Real and 2) CAO Black a try - gives you a really good idea of how much variation and depth of flavor can be brought out of even a traditionally mild wrapper type.
    It may be only 1/5th of the cigar, but it's where you get about 60% of the flavor.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I started out as a huge maduro fan(hence the name), then migrated towards cameroons and Sumatras(both still hold a special place in my heart) however, now I'm leaning mostly towards "Habanos" which really encompsses a wide range of leaves. Corojo, Criollo, Habano 2000, other hybrids, and cuban seed cigars all fall into this category.

I'm really discovering that I'm a Pepin ****. It seems that 9 times out of 10 I go for a Pepin made cigar. And ALL of his wrappers are Habano
    There is one type of wrapper that I have really been enjoying lately on cigars such as the 601 Green and that is the Oscuro wrapper. The ones I've had lately are very strong and flavorful and that is one thing I usually look for in a smoke.
    PuroFreak:
    There is one type of wrapper that I have really been enjoying lately on cigars such as the 601 Green and that is the Oscuro wrapper. The ones I've had lately are very strong and flavorful and that is one thing I usually look for in a smoke.
    i havent had a good oscuro in a while. in fact, i dont think i even have one in my humidor right now. i may have to change that.
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    i havent had a good oscuro in a while. in fact, i dont think i even have one in my humidor right now. i may have to change that.
    I've got a 601 Green on hand but I think it's the only one. I've thought about trying out that Padilla Salamon with the Oscuro wrapper. Looks like a good smoke.
    man, if i could get my hands on an LFD Cabinet Oscuro i would be a happy man right now.
    kuzi16:
    man, if i could get my hands on an LFD Cabinet Oscuro i would be a happy man right now.
    GOOD CALL GOOD CALL!
    kuzi16:

I've never had one of those but googled it and they sound dang good man ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:

I recall sending you one of those in our last trade Gene. Pretty sure I did...take a look.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    I've got a 601 Green on hand but I think it's the only one. I've thought about trying out that Padilla Salamon with the Oscuro wrapper. Looks like a good smoke.
    I'd say the Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro is worth a try. It's pretty good, though not as much like the regular 1932 as you'd think, the wrapper really changes the dynamic of the cigar.
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:

I recall sending you one of those in our last trade Gene. Pretty sure I did...take a look.

I took a look Joe and Bada Boom Bada Bing there she is ...I think since I'm off work tommorow this would be a good morning hot tub smoke ...start the day off with a bang ...I much appreciate it Joe ...( I'm not sure why I didn't think thats what it was but you know they say the memorys the first thing to go haha)