Home General Discussion

What are you favorite wrappers?

2»

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite wrappers, hmm, I've been getting to the point where I am starting to pick up the different flavors from different wrappers but not sure I've tried enough to really say authoritatively, but I have really been enjoying the Mexican San Andres wrappers like the Espinosa Murcielago and Brass Monkey, Sam Leccia Luchador, and the BLTC Morphine (which has a dual San Andres and Ecuador Habano wrapper) but I also really like Sumatra wrappers like San Cristobal Revelations (Ecuadorian Sumatra), Aging Room F55s, Leaf by Oscar, and the La Herencia Cubana CORE (Ecuadorian Sumatra) I tried today.

I like smoking by wrapper type consecutively across different cigars so that I can get a good taste of the wrapper's contribution.  I saw @jliu peel back a bit of the wrapper in Reno to smoke a bit of the cigar and get a taste without the wrapper's contribution, haven't tried that yet.  I've enjoyed the Brazil wrappers on the Espinosa Laranga and CAO Brazilia too.

I'll have to tackle some Cameroon's soon, I know that there's a big fan base there.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connecticut broadleaf.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in love with the MSA
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old one! 

I have always really enjoyed Brazilian wrappers. CAO was what got me into them, but the La Palina black is a recent one I've been smoking. Have to include the Caldwell eastern std's and tzars as one of the most interesting Brazilians (hybrid).

Corojo is a favorite too. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connecticut broadleaf is probably my favorite wrapper hands down. I do enjoy the Mexican San Andreas and a good Connecticut as well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I got your Cameroon rapper right here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrudpC6T4hk

... couldn't resist, and from a quick YouTube sampling, I prefer Cameroon rappers over Sumatra rappers.
    Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medio Tiempo, Maduro, Oscuro and Colorado (Rosado and Maduro) of course. Cuba!
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'm a fan of the Sumatra for the subtle sweetness it brings, Corojo and Criollo for the spice.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to agree with Nathan here, Sumatra especially on Tatuaje offerings as well as Penn Broadleaf and of course CUBA baby!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."