Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

looking for info

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
i really want to get into the trading scene. I think it would be a great chance to try new cigars and build a strong sense of community (for myself since i just joined up :) ) I have no local friends that really partake in the world of cigars so i think this would be great fun! My primary concern is the price to ship cigars and how you ship them. Input?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hey bro, ship USPS first class (have to go to PO to ship - don't mention cigars) or priority mail in their flat rate boxes or your own. Depending on where you want to ship, it's $2.50 to $5.50. If you want to do a trade just send me your address in a PM. I will ship mine first.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Im not in the market to start trading yet. All i have so far is my fathers day gift (perdomo sampler and some Isla Del Sols) ill have to stock up next month before jumping into the trading game! I will totally keep you in mind though!
    Send me your address anyway.
    Requested info is inboxed to you! :)
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lol...tag team is on James! I got his addy too if anyone else wants to join in lolololol. Yours flies tomorrow bro...
    Lol!!!! I can already tell I'm gonna make lots of friends here! I can't wait to start trading and bombing! :)
    Once you get settled, check out the newbie tradin thread. It's a feeding frenzy for noobs, and it will get you on the good traders list.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Please forward to me James!! Thank you!
    Bigshizza:
    james40:
    Please forward to me James!! Thank you!
    check PM
    Nice. You better lube up now and take some ibuprofen. Two heavy hitters have you in their sights. Mine will be chump change compared to them.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Nice. You better lube up now and take some ibuprofen. Two heavy hitters have you in their sights. Mine will be chump change compared to them.
    Hahaha fo sho!!
    I'll play nice I promise...
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, it looks like you will be able to see first hand how to package up cigars for shipping. Take note and try to save any packing materials they send. They can usually be reused multiple times. For simplicity, I tend to send cigars in small flat rate boxes (the box is free at the PO) if sending a 5 or 6 pack. Print the label online to save a little money and just drop it in a blue box or your own mailbox in the morning. Cigar.com (and others) use really nice boxes for shipping slightly larger packages as well.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    ...and, another newbie gets destroyed for asking a simple question...
    Now, about that address...?
    Toombes:

I sent you my address via pm if you are interested.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to clear out my crappy 20 count bundle that I didn't like! Well there's only 18 now but my garbage can isn't counting. Lol
    LiquidChaos66:
    Toombes:

I sent you my address via pm if you are interested.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to clear out my crappy 20 count bundle that I didn't like! Well there's only 18 now but my garbage can isn't counting. Lol

I couldn't tell if you were serious or if you were just playing on your initial comment. It's a little hard to read ton of voice online. ;)
    Chris, I saw that you, like me, enjoy the Perdomo Champagne's as well. Have you had the Champagne Noir? Those are yummy as well, just a maduro version. I will get something out to you probably on Monday.
    I have yet to try the noir. It's on my list of sticks to try though! :) many thanks in advance!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Serious or not...? I'll let you be the judge of that.
    Time to call up my Mafia soldiers!!
    Toombes:
    Serious or not...? I'll let you be the judge of that.
    Time to call up my Mafia soldiers!!
    LOLZ. You better just go buy a cooler. What size humi do you have Chris, cause its about to get owned.
    I'm startin to get real nervous!!!! I have a 40-50 count humi. I have maybe 15 in it right now that I'm gonna keep. I got a bad freebie bundle that I've found homes for already. No one on here... I don't want to subject you all to crappy sticks. Lol!!! So I think as of now I can manage another 25 cigars safely. Ill have to check with my B&M shop and see what options they have... If not ill have to order something online.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Check out the weekend blitz here at cigar.com!!! Years ago I had a 50 ct humi.... never thought I would need more capacity than that...........................then I bought a 120 ct................................... then another........................and another............................. there was a herf-a-dor purchase in there somewhere................... another 120......................... you think you have enough and then weekend blitz happens............... you get bombed............ get the picture? Smoking cigars is the tip (and best part) of the iceberg. Collecting and aging is fun too!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
    Man I love the place! Lol I really can't wait to build up my supply and get another humi and get into the game! I never expected this kind of community to be honest. Just though it was a forum for advice and stories... After signin up I found the underworld of trading, bombing, passing and general good natured generosity! :)
    Are there restrictions on mailing tobacco products? If so how do you get around them. Mentioned earlier in the tread James said not to mention cigars. What should I say if they ask what I'm shipping?
    You should have opted for the blue pill......muhahaha
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    Check out the weekend blitz here at cigar.com!!! Years ago I had a 50 ct humi.... never thought I would need more capacity than that...........................then I bought a 120 ct................................... then another........................and another............................. there was a herf-a-dor purchase in there somewhere................... another 120......................... you think you have enough and then weekend blitz happens............... you get bombed............ get the picture? Smoking cigars is the tip (and best part) of the iceberg. Collecting and aging is fun too!
    Sorry buddy, but I just gotta! Dan, hit me with the addy!
    Well as they say... The more the merrier!
    My boss has a humidor he isn't using anymore. So I'm gonna borrow that and hopefully get it up and functioning properly before the bombs hit! Lol
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    LiquidChaos66:
    My boss has a humidor he isn't using anymore. So I'm gonna borrow that and hopefully get it up and functioning properly before the bombs hit! Lol

Bro take the advice above and go grab a cooler. Looks like your in for an a@$ whooping! Welcome to the frenzy
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Man I love the place! Lol I really can't wait to build up my supply and get another humi and get into the game! I never expected this kind of community to be honest. Just though it was a forum for advice and stories... After signin up I found the underworld of trading, bombing, passing and general good natured generosity! :)
    It is a great place.