Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Doc's weight loss

13»

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas, and congrats to you too SmokeWI. It definitely is something that I look at as an accomplishment! Let me know if you ever need any help!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Thanks fellas, and congrats to you too SmokeWI. It definitely is something that I look at as an accomplishment! Let me know if you ever need any help!
    You need some cigars to chew on!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    mmccartneydc:
    You need some cigars to chew on!
    I have plenty for now, but its about to rain up in here! Just saving up some money to pay for shipping! LOL!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    202 as of this morning, two pounds from my goal of loosing fifty pounds.
    Now I plan to seek the advice of my doctors and see if perhaps a few more pounds could be lost without endangering my health any further.
    As I stand at six feet even, to you Doc, would this be to my advantage or disadvantage at forty-seven years old?
  • Options
    Bump for Karen
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Now I plan to seek the advice of my doctors and see if perhaps a few more pounds could be lost without endangering my health any further.
    As I stand at six feet even, to you Doc, would this be to my advantage or disadvantage at forty-seven years old?

At 6' 0" 200 would be as low as I'd go, unless you have a small frame. Even then, maybe 195 max.

I'm 6' 4" and I have the opposite problem. I have to struggle to stay at 180.
    I always get the "I wish I had your problem" from people. However, I will get scary skinny if I don't watch it. I can easily lose 25lbs and dip down into the 150s.

I'd love to get between 200 and 220
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    RBeckom:

At 6' 0" 200 would be as low as I'd go, unless you have a small frame. Even then, maybe 195 max.

I always get the "I wish I had your problem" from people. However, I will get scary skinny if I don't watch it. I can easily lose 25lbs and dip down into the 150s.

6'5" here and dropped from 250 to 235 recently, but losing some of the motivation. Really want to get down to 220 or 215.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    RBeckom:

6'5" here and dropped from 250 to 235 recently, but losing some of the motivation. Really want to get down to 220 or 215.
    Damn you guys are tall. I've got the fireplug/low center of gravity going on. I'm old and losing weight is difficult....like I always say...I will lose weight when I decompose.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    RBeckom:

Damn you guys are tall. I've got the fireplug/low center of gravity going on. I'm old and losing weight is difficult....like I always say...I will lose weight when I decompose.

You don't want to be tall. The world is made for average sized people. If you're short, you just step up on something. If you're tall, you bend over and eventually get a bad back. Worst chore ever? Washing dishes. Countertops are bad enough. Then you have to reach down into the sink?

Sorry, tweaked the thing last night. Back pain. It makes exercise stink. I keep hoping losing weight will help it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Martel:

You don't want to be tall. The world is made for average sized people. If you're short, you just step up on something. If you're tall, you bend over and eventually get a bad back. Worst chore ever? Washing dishes. Countertops are bad enough. Then you have to reach down into the sink?

Sorry, tweaked the thing last night. Back pain. It makes exercise stink. I keep hoping losing weight will help it.

Agreed, being tall is not all its cracked up to be. Yeah, it can be nice at times...HOWEVER! any idea how many things I smack my head on? With every good that comes from it, a bad follows.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    Martel:

Agreed, being tall is not all its cracked up to be. Yeah, it can be nice at times...HOWEVER! any idea how many things I smack my head on? With every good that comes from it, a bad follows.

There's this chain on the ceiling fan in our kitchen...ouch.

Eric, I know it's your wedding day and you're in a tux and all, but there's a lightbulb that needs changed in the reception hall and we think you can reach it without a ladder (actually happened).

My son makes us stop at every tourist trap cave we ever pass by. 'Nuff said about that.

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Still dropping slowly, 198, after my hernia surgery, which was worse than expected after the cut was made, food just doesn't seem the same anymore.
    In stead of a three inch cut I was told to expect I ended up with an eight inch cut as in my doctors words later, "It turned out to be huge".
    I am still planning on hitting the 190 point if it takes a year!
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't seen this. Been busy and still holding at my weight loss of 53lbs. As for your questions Rodney, I think that you need to check your body fat measurements and if you are over 15% then you could still go down. It really depends on what your goals are. If you are wanting to just be "healthy", then there probably wont be that much benefit of losing 5lbs by itself. If you are concerned about your appearance, then by all means, keep going and get "shredded." Just remember not to sacrifice any of your vitamins and nutrients in the process. And as always, keep your water intake up! As for you tall guys, (I'm 6'1") you are all correct in that most tall men and women that I see in the office suffer from what is called "upper crossed syndrome." Google it, it basically means that the shoulders round forward and the normal cervical lordosis (curve) straightens. Can lead to all other medical problems from Degenerative Disc Disease to headaches, not to mention constant pain between the shoulder blades.(interscapular pain)
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Sorry I haven't seen this. Been busy and still holding at my weight loss of 53lbs. As for your questions Rodney, I think that you need to check your body fat measurements and if you are over 15% then you could still go down. It really depends on what your goals are. If you are wanting to just be "healthy", then there probably wont be that much benefit of losing 5lbs by itself. If you are concerned about your appearance, then by all means, keep going and get "shredded." Just remember not to sacrifice any of your vitamins and nutrients in the process. And as always, keep your water intake up! As for you tall guys, (I'm 6'1") you are all correct in that most tall men and women that I see in the office suffer from what is called "upper crossed syndrome." Google it, it basically means that the shoulders round forward and the normal cervical lordosis (curve) straightens. Can lead to all other medical problems from Degenerative Disc Disease to headaches, not to mention constant pain between the shoulder blades.(interscapular pain)
    I suspect this is me. Yup.