Home General Discussion
Options

Partagas 150 and 1992 Opus X

I have these 2 boxes that I bought in the 90's and have been sitting in my humidor since. Not sure what they are worth or what to do with them. any advice

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...smoke em? What's your temp at? What about RH? How often do you check? Can you post a picture of the boxes?Someone call the Sherriff.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This community is full of very generous and charitable brothers. You could gift a few away. Feel free to pm me for a list of very deserving people.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Just spit balling here but if I remember correctly the Opus line was launched in 1995 or mid 90's ..... Nice first post though.
  • Options
    Mechanic1Mechanic1 Posts: 11
    How can I post pictures
  • Options
    I have been storing them in a large humidifier since I got them. Unfortunately I had to stop smoking.
  • Options
    The OpusX is 1992 on the Box, I cant figure out how to post a picture
  • Options
    You know, the fact that you answered...I'll help you out man.Most of us are not very big buyers from people we don't know. We trade, buy and sell with each other after we've spoken to each other for a while and have gotten to know them. The reason I bring this up is, because it seemed to me, you we're waiting for someone to say that they would buy them.If you're serious, hang around a while, get to know some people, and then see about maybe selling them. But if you had to quit smoking, I doubt you'll want to hang around. JMHO.
  • Options
    I was not aware of any buying or trading here. I was planning on getting rid of my humidor and these are the only boxes in there. I was looking for advice on where or how to sell them. I am not looking to bullshit anyone. I seriously am looking for advise, do I walk into a shop, Craigslist, I dont know. I know what they are but not what they are worth. I bought them new and I have the boxes and everything. Again, I was looking for advise. I live in New Jersey 15 mins from NYC if that helps.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post some Pic's, use Photobucket, The value depends on the condition and the care they have received. Maybe nothing.
  • Options
    Nate will be glad to help you!
  • Options
    I will have to wait for my wife to do that for me, I dont have a photobucket but I think she does. Thanks
  • Options
    where would be the best place to list them?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Mechanic1:
    where would be the best place to list them?
    Craigs list
  • Options
    I was not sure if you could sell cigars there. I will give it a shot. Any idea on how much to list them for?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Mechanic1:
    I was not sure if you could sell cigars there. I will give it a shot. Any idea on how much to list them for?
    What did you pay for them?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question. You mentioned that you kept them in your humidor. Was your humidor kept up and maintained proper humidity etc?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Mechanic1:
    If you want to e-mail pic to kenlight42@yahoo.com, I'd be happy to post them for you.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If I was in the market I would take them off your hands. I'm in north jersey but this damn wedding is getting the best of me...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Mechanic1:
    The OpusX is 1992 on the Box, I cant figure out how to post a picture
    1992 is the first vintage year the first crop of wrapper leaf was successfully grown.
    the original release date of the first run of the cigar was november 1995. all of the opusX boxes, old or new, say "1992" to pay respect to that first year.

if you have any way to prove date of purchase, then this will greatly increase the value that may be here. if you have a way to prove that they are original release november 1995 then please send me a PM.

it may be difficult to have proof. proof being purchase receipt, with old style box. i cant remember if the boxes are dated and/or numbered off the top of my head but if they are that would be good enough. ill see if i can find more. its just escaping me right now.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    If I was in the market I would take them off your hands. I'm in north jersey but this damn wedding is getting the best of me...
    My instinct was to suggest you as a buyer since you could check 'em out, but that pesky wedding...lol
  • Options
    Frank has sent me pics and here they are. You can tell I didn't take them 'cause they're not all blurry...:

photo photo8_zpsefb3a184.jpg

photo photo10_zps9352df46.jpg

photo photo9_zpsd8f033a4.jpg
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued. Pls send me a PM
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Someone buy those opus x for me?
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Rich and/or I could theoretically check these out for a perspective buyer since he's pretty close to us. Rich, I'm only dragging you in on this because a) you know better than I do and b) he could maybe meet us at JR and give us both an excuse to go there.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    those are good looking OpusX but not original release.
    the 150s look ligit.

i would love to see a pic of one of those OpusX cigars out of the box with the cigar part way out of the cellophane against a white background.

• Options
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    Rich and/or I could theoretically check these out for a perspective buyer since he's pretty close to us. Rich, I'm only dragging you in on this because a) you know better than I do and b) he could maybe meet us at JR and give us both an excuse to go there.
    I see what you did there! F'ing tease!
  • Options
    Ken, thank you very much for posting the pictures and I work in Florham Park. I truly came to this site for advise on how to sell them and was not looking to break any rules. I was the original purchaser of both boxes. I have a large humidor that is just taking up space and they are the only cigars in it, boxes and all. I don't want to break any rules with your forum, I do want to sell them and I want them to go to someone that will appreciate what is here. I am not sure if I can post my telephone number or emal address or what protocol to follow for you guys. I will tell you that these are the real deal, I can tell you everything about where and when I got them.
    Thank you guys, I wish this site was around when I smoked.
  • Options
    Mechanic1:
    Ken, thank you very much for posting the pictures and I work in Florham Park. I truly came to this site for advise on how to sell them and was not looking to break any rules. I was the original purchaser of both boxes. I have a large humidor that is just taking up space and they are the only cigars in it, boxes and all. I don't want to break any rules with your forum, I do want to sell them and I want them to go to someone that will appreciate what is here. I am not sure if I can post my telephone number or emal address or what protocol to follow for you guys. I will tell you that these are the real deal, I can tell you everything about where and when I got them. Thank you guys, I wish this site was around when I smoked.
    You're not breaking any rules at all, just that people tend to buy from people they know rather than first-time posters. There's a lot of trust in it and all that, you know? I'd save your e-mail address and especially phone number for Private Message. Best of luck working out a deal, I wish I had the $$ to buy them from ya.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    check your p/ms im sure you have somer, uper right corner of screen you will see a inbox button
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Assuming these have been stored properly, those Partagas are worth some $$$$... Look at the luxury page here, singles are $60. I've seen the Partagas for $25-$40 in stores. For the Opus, it really depends on age, but you can get top dollar for them. My guess is twice retail if they are that old, depends on the market though, but I know one place that aged Opus sells for high dollar.