Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Forum Blend Reviews

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    brc81:
    I'm not sure how I'd change either. I'm not a huge pepper fan so adding more might not go over so well for me.

Alex, maybe you could give us a list of options on what changes could be made and how they might effect it.

With the amount of good things being said about them... I wish we could just get on with blending a new stick almost right away, rather then changing something which seems to be very popular as is.

With the comments posted so far, any changes would only satisfy a small portion of the BOTL here , and cause others to ponder how they could re-tweek the blend to please themselves.
    In other words, if it ain't broke don't fix it, you can never 100% completely satisfy 100% of the people in every way. Someone will always have a suggestion for improvement... even after the tweeking, I'm betting ;)
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    agree...also, maybe I missed it....What will be the name of these cigars if they go into production?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    They haven't said yet, but I believe Alex said something about having a vote on the forums to determine the name and possibly even the band art.
  • Options
    So I just came from the mail and NO STICKS.
    Not the C.COM forum blend, or any other orders I have been waiting for.

That's it.. you guy's will just have to put up with my pissy attitude and snippy remarks, at least for the rest of the day.
    BITE ME !!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah ...I'm thinking maybe leave them as is as it seems everyone likes them pretty well anyway ...I'm just sayin ...
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    My vote goes for keeping them just the way they are. I haven't posted an official review yet, but they are great as is and who knows what you'll end up with if you go tweaking them.

Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Well now Ron, if everyone subscribed to that, I don't imagine we'd have any rocket powered fire engines. :)
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Have to agree with the others; I smoked my first one tonight - Sumatra. Very good smoke, perfect construction. Did kind of get a sense of competing flavors that may not exactly go together, but that may ralax with a little more rest. Can't wait to try the maduro! I can't remember, which factory constructed these? Whoever it was did a great job.
  • Options
    AJ Fernandez made them.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:

Really? I hope your luck changes Laker, I thought I was the last person to get mine, but I got mine on Thursday.

You're like the Forum Blend advocate and you don't have your sticks yet... Damn mail man is probably giggling behind the post office with his newly aquired Forum Blend...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    laker1963:
    Not the C.COM forum blend, or any other orders I have been waiting for.

That's it.. you guy's will just have to put up with my pissy attitude and snippy remarks, at least for the rest of the day.
    BITE ME !!
    Just out of curiousity, do you have tracking info you can look at?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like we want to leave it as is. Ill get a thread started to discuss some sizes and a name.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hey Alex, I would like to see a review from you and from the other ccom boys who have smoked them.

I'm not a review guy, as you all know, but I'm smoking the Sumatra right now. I picked up on the toast and the sweetness was there for the first half of the cigar. The pepper was good enough to satisfy me without being so strong as to scare of those who don't care for a peppery cigar(IMO it could be more peppery but this isn't a cigar for just me :)). I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'm hoping to smoke the maduro later on today once the laptop recharges and I can sit outside again.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    laker1963:

Really? I hope your luck changes Laker, I thought I was the last person to get mine, but I got mine on Thursday.

You're like the Forum Blend advocate and you don't have your sticks yet... Damn mail man is probably giggling behind the post office with his newly aquired Forum Blend...
    NO !!!!! Don't say that even in jest.

I was just about to go and check the mail-box for today. I don't get tracking info. for my orders because of the border thing. USPS or Canada Post won't offer tracking for these types of packages unless you pay big bucks for it.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I'm sorry man... Mostly cause you are Canadian.... ;)
  • Options
    Damnit !!! Here you guys are all smoking, reviewing and making plans for what will or won't be run again, what it's name will be and I haven't even saw one of these sticks yet !

I have to go kick someone's dog... I don't even have one of those anymore !!!

So is Alex only gonna bring back the Sumatra wrapper out of these two sticks? Thought I read that in the other thread regarding these sticks.
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:

Yeah... if it wasn't for that... I would be a really nice guy... really.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Renaissance_Man:

You could fix the problem quite easily. You could leave Jr. America and come experience the real thing ...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    Renaissance_Man:

You could fix the problem quite easily. You could leave Jr. America and come experience the real thing ...
    True, that.
    However, we have a lot more room up here...you guys should pack up and move here.

We could take over one of the islands here on the coast, make it a tax free, smoke friendly, country of our own !!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    Renaissance_Man:

True, that.
    However, we have a lot more room up here...you guys should pack up and move here.

We could take over one of the islands here on the coast, make it a tax free, smoke friendly, country of our own !!
    heh not a bad idea. I work from home now ... so I'm onboard :)
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    So far I'm liking the Maduro much more than the Sumatra.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Me too, hopefully if the Sumatra bundles do well, they will start producing the Maduro as well. I called Ccom as soon as I read that they were just going to be producing the Sumatra so I could **** up whatever samplers were left (for the maduros), but it looks like all the samplers are gone. This makes Tony sad on the inside. :(
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    rdnstn:
    Well now Ron, if everyone subscribed to that, I don't imagine we'd have any rocket powered fire engines. :)
    That is very true Joe, and where would we be without rocket powered fire engines? I guess I personally just like a hint of pepper so that is why I prefer to leave them alone. I just wouldn't want the pepper overpowering the other flavors.

I'm with you as well Tony, I have always preferred maduros so I would like to see that one produced also but I can't complain too much because it looks likewe are going to be able to get more of at least one of them.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I still haven't had the maduro yet but the sumatra was delicious. I'd be happy keeping it in its original form but if we're having a discussion about changes anyway than I'd say I'd like to bump it up in strength to the med-full range with a bit less sweet and a bit more peppery spice. This is my personal taste, I just like spicy more than sweet.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:
    Me too, hopefully if the Sumatra bundles do well, they will start producing the Maduro as well. I called Ccom as soon as I read that they were just going to be producing the Sumatra so I could **** up whatever samplers were left (for the maduros), but it looks like all the samplers are gone. This makes Tony sad on the inside. :(

I also liked the Maduro a lot better ...wish Alex would consider doing both or at least take an official vote after everyones had a chance to smoke one of each ...seems like a lotta love for the Maduro as well ...I volunteer to buy any Maduros left over at CCOM or from any other members ...I'm just sayin ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:

I also liked the Maduro a lot better ...wish Alex would consider doing both or at least take an official vote after everyones had a chance to smoke one of each ...seems like a lotta love for the Maduro as well ...I volunteer to buy any Maduros left over at CCOM or from any other members ...I'm just sayin ...
    No ****, if he could come up with a rough price for the maduros, I would commit to buying three to four bundles if need be.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:

No ****, if he could come up with a rough price for the maduros, I would commit to buying three to four bundles if need be.

I would commit to 4-5 bundles as well Tony ...I REALLY REALLY enjoyed that cigar ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:

I would commit to 4-5 bundles as well Tony ...I REALLY REALLY enjoyed that cigar ...
    See Alex, that's 7-9 bundles already sold. Can you say that about the Sumatra? I think not.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:

See Alex, that's 7-9 bundles already sold. Can you say that about the Sumatra? I think not.
    Us Sumatra fans don't have to pre-commit Tony. They know and we know that it'll sell...the maduro on the other hand...well....? :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I know one person that would most likey buy a bundle of the Sumatra. He didn't really like the maduro but he doesn't like maduros in general. If they were the same $3 a stick that would be an incentive for him. I still have to give some more out but I haven't seen my boys to hook them up.