LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:
    So far I'm liking the Maduro much more than the Sumatra.
    Me too, hopefully if the Sumatra bundles do well, they will start producing the Maduro as well. I called Ccom as soon as I read that they were just going to be producing the Sumatra so I could **** up whatever samplers were left (for the maduros), but it looks like all the samplers are gone. This makes Tony sad on the inside. :(

I also liked the Maduro a lot better ...wish Alex would consider doing both or at least take an official vote after everyones had a chance to smoke one of each ...seems like a lotta love for the Maduro as well ...I volunteer to buy any Maduros left over at CCOM or from any other members ...I'm just sayin ...
    No ****, if he could come up with a rough price for the maduros, I would commit to buying three to four bundles if need be.

I would commit to 4-5 bundles as well Tony ...I REALLY REALLY enjoyed that cigar ...
    See Alex, that's 7-9 bundles already sold. Can you say that about the Sumatra? I think not.
    Us Sumatra fans don't have to pre-commit Tony. They know and we know that it'll sell...the maduro on the other hand...well....? :)
    we need to end this strife and discord, just offer em both. They're both great. I just like the sumatra a little bit better (at this point).
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:
    So far I'm liking the Maduro much more than the Sumatra.
    Me too, hopefully if the Sumatra bundles do well, they will start producing the Maduro as well. I called Ccom as soon as I read that they were just going to be producing the Sumatra so I could **** up whatever samplers were left (for the maduros), but it looks like all the samplers are gone. This makes Tony sad on the inside. :(

I also liked the Maduro a lot better ...wish Alex would consider doing both or at least take an official vote after everyones had a chance to smoke one of each ...seems like a lotta love for the Maduro as well ...I volunteer to buy any Maduros left over at CCOM or from any other members ...I'm just sayin ...
    No ****, if he could come up with a rough price for the maduros, I would commit to buying three to four bundles if need be.

I would commit to 4-5 bundles as well Tony ...I REALLY REALLY enjoyed that cigar ...
    See Alex, that's 7-9 bundles already sold. Can you say that about the Sumatra? I think not.
    Us Sumatra fans don't have to pre-commit Tony. They know and we know that it'll sell...the maduro on the other hand...well....? :)
    That's enough out of you hater, the maduro fans are officially hijacking this thread.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    haha...in all fairness, I did like the maduro, I just prefer the sumatra. No reason why we can't have both as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    haha...in all fairness, I did like the maduro, I just prefer the sumatra. No reason why we can't have both as far as I'm concerned.
    That would be a suitable arrangement. And don't get me wrong, I'd like some more of the Sumatras as well, but if it came down to one or the other, I would definately go for the Maduro.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    By the time my Forum Blend sticks actually arrive... you guys may have enjoyed all your's already.

One more mail day, then it's yet another weekend without a chance to try one of these.

I'm PISSED !
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    By the time my Forum Blend sticks actually arrive... you guys may have enjoyed all your's already.

One more mail day, then it's yet another weekend without a chance to try one of these.

I'm PISSED !
    if it makes you feel any better, i have mine but they are resting in the humidor.

only a few more weeks left....
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    i just got mine today (the last sampler pack according to Tim @ CCom). they look great as everyone on the forum has mentioned. I would love to try one or two this weeked, but everyone says they need to rest... what to do..... hmmmm.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jdorais:
    i just got mine today (the last sampler pack according to Tim @ CCom). they look great as everyone on the forum has mentioned. I would love to try one or two this weeked, but everyone says they need to rest... what to do..... hmmmm.
    That's why you have 10. Have one of each and you decide if they need rest and how much!!!!!
  • Options
    I had the Maduro a day and a half I got them in and the Sumatra the next day. The Maduro was damn good as it was, so was the Sumatra, although the Sumatra probably could have used a little more rest.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:

I'm PISSED !
    if it makes you feel any better, i have mine but they are resting in the humidor.

Thanks Kuzi... that does make me feel a little better.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:

I'm PISSED !

The rest of mine are resting as well but look at it this way Lakes, just think what kind of a premium you could get for those sticks once everyone elses are gone and you still have yours.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:

I'm PISSED !

The rest of mine are resting as well but look at it this way Lakes, just think what kind of a premium you could get for those sticks once everyone elses are gone and you still have yours.

Now you can just cut that **** out right now !
    You guy's are getting to chow down on your's now, but if mine ever come, they're mine damnit, all mine.

You'll have to pry these from my cold, dead hands.

That reminds me...I've got to make a quick change to my will :)~
  • Options
    laker1963:
    rdnstn:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:

I'm PISSED !

You guy's are getting to chow down on your's now, but if mine ever come, they're mine damnit, all mine.

It is spelled E-Z-Z-E-L-L, just let me know when you have my copy ready.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    laker1963:
    rdnstn:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:

I'm PISSED !

It is spelled E-Z-Z-E-L-L, just let me know when you have my copy ready.

HA !!!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I wish I could have tried these. My package got shipped to the wrong address, and there are no more. Somewhere out in New Hyde Park, some random person is enjoying our forum blend :( I really do hope they all get to go into production so I can try both.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Somebody on the forum here, ended up with 5 or 6 of these beautiful samplers, I bet they might work a trade or something for the right offer. LOL
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Just sat outside with the Maduro. I'm not usually a huge fan of maduros, but I have to say....WOW! This was a fantastic smoke. Perfect burn, tons of smoke and the flavor profile was just beautiful. That same underlying sweetness as the Sumatra, but more of a cocoa sweetness in the Maduro. Lots of leather and oak with a pinch of spice thrown in from time to time. Once again, the construction was absolutely top notch and I was surprised that the draw was as perfect as it was after feeling just how solid this cigar was. Now that I've tried them both, it's a tough decision between the two. I know we're going with the Sumatra, but I can honestly say, I would have been thrilled with either one.

Once again, thanks Alex for putting this together and making it happen and thanks to the Fernandez factory (I think I read that it was the Fernandez factory) for rolling these beauties. I can't wait for these puppies to go into production. I'll be picking up a stack for myself and hopefully will have some other buyers as well. I've handed a few of these out to friends who may want some when they hit the shelves.
  • Options
    I don't think the Sumatra is a forgone conclusion yet ...Alex ???
  • Options
    I really wish they would produce both variations, maybe just a limited run on each wrapper to see which one actually sells the best?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I really wish they would produce both variations, maybe just a limited run on each wrapper to see which one actually sells the best?

Now thats a damn good idea ...let sales be the indicator ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

Now thats a damn good idea ...let sales be the indicator ...
    Here, Here ! (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) All I know is I want more of both... and yes I have NOT tried them yet. I know the likes and dislikes of several of the members here and based on the reviews so far I want as many of these as I can get my hands on. (afford)
  • Options
    OK, they finally came.
    I started the day with the Maduro stick. What can I say CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who took part in this experiment. We not only created a stick of our own making... we did GOOD !!! These things are fantastic!

I was going to wait until the morning for the ECSU stick, but after tasting the Maduro (fresh from the package, no less!) I just had to give the ECSU a test drive.
    I don't know how, but we may very well have surpassed the Maduro's with these ECSU sticks!
    I really can't say that I liked one more then the other, but I will say very clearly that I would pre-order either or both of these sticks if the opportunity comes around again to do so.

Alex... thanks for bringing this to a reality. It took a real leap of faith on your part to let this experiment run, with so much involvement from virtual novices in the field of cigar building 101.

Here's hoping that this on-going experiment will produce many more sticks as good tasting and of such high quality as these first run sticks are. I am sure you will be talking with the folks at the Fernandez factory in regard to these cigars. Please pass along our highest praise to everyone involved. These are extremely well made sticks. The burn and and structure of the sticks is just incredible !
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Glad you finally got them Doug. I was feeling bad for you and was about to book a flight up to Canadia and hand deliver one of each to you. Then I found out I'd have to take a sled from the US/Canada border and I said screw it.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Glad you finally got them Doug. I was feeling bad for you and was about to book a flight up to Canadia and hand deliver one of each to you. Then I found out I'd have to take a sled from the US/Canada border and I said screw it.
    LMAO. Thanks Joe. If those babies had not shown up today... I would have met you at the border.
    Hey, actually, we could have had a herf right there... not a bad idea at all. "Border Herf 2009".
    I had a smile on my walk back from the Post Office this morning.
  • Options
    That's great that you got them. I've only had one of each so far but I am gearing up for more. I've been handing them out to friends in hopes of exposing them to something new and getting them into cigar.com. One of my friends is not buying from cigar.com but he doesn't call in. Only does online orders so far. He did the 2 for $40 last week. He got the humidor and the Graycligg 1666. He said he is trying to catch up to me in terms of inventory! LOL! But with that being said I am glad that he is now buying from ccom.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and still havent had a chance to smoke one :(
  • Options
    smbrink:
    Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and still havent had a chance to smoke one :(
    Well, what are you waiting for? Get right on that!!!
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Was gonna smoke one this weekend but its raining all weekend
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    No B&M's around?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    smbrink:
    No B&M's around?
    I have a B&M that I wouldn't smoke in for it's just dank, and another one that won't let you in with your own... I even offered to purchase a cigar from them or pay a cutting fee.... but no, bastiches