Home General Discussion
Options

Cataloging your sticks

2»

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    i'd pay someone in cigars to do mine for me...

Highly unnecessary my friend! Seriously, you know what you have, where it is from and any other relevant information about most of the cigars in your little 20 count.
  • Options
    I use the cigar geeks online humidor to track my sticks, seems to have most of the boutique cigars, also I use the mobile app, which will synch up with the your web database
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    do you think Sharpee right on the cello would cause any problems?
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I tried the whole spreadsheet/website route and it is very tough to keep up with. Now I use small stickers on the cello with the date and maybe a name if I want to thank someone after enjoying it.
    I like the idea of writing the name of the person who gave you the cigar on the label so you can thank them....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I tried the whole spreadsheet/website route and it is very tough to keep up with. Now I use small stickers on the cello with the date and maybe a name if I want to thank someone after enjoying it.
    I like the idea of writing the name of the person who gave you the cigar on the label so you can thank them....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Only if the ink smells. Sometimes it's a pretty stout odor. Maybe it goes away when completely dry but I don't know for sure. Thay do make some "odorless permanent markers". I just googled it :)
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I've made a spreadsheet that I'll fill in by hand, and update on the laptop off and on. Basic notes on it...to include Month/Year in started living in the humi.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Only if the ink smells. Sometimes it's a pretty stout odor. Maybe it goes away when completely dry but I don't know for sure. Thay do make some "odorless permanent markers". I just googled it :)

sounds easy enough wouldnt you assume? lol

thats why i kinda took to the idea, maybe writing a quick blip of info while you organize the collection to allow the ink to dry and smell to dissapate it wouldnt hurt anything?

I was imagining using the cello tab where it folds over, or where the paper sticker seal is.

Aj
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I use these labels with good results

Avery 6737

There are 525 labels in the pack. I put the month / day on one line and the year below. If they're gifted to you, then you just use another label with the donor's name.

Avery also makes color label packs in case you want categorize favorites, strengths, etc.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I just place it in my mind. Next day...its gone. Age has its benefits !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961