Home Non Cigar Related

Kinda cool

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I was trying to explain to a 6 yr old what a rainbow is and decided a visual was needed.imageso now I'm "kinda cool" in the eyes of a young man
I didn't know my gf snaped this pic until she sent it to me at lunch today, thought it was kinda cool myself!

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Very cool man.
    One God, One Truth
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta get back to Hawaii
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I gotta get back to Hawaii
    It's very nice
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant! @silvermouse is my new hero!!!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Brilliant! @silvermouse is my new hero!!!

Now I get it!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Necro, @silvermouse.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, dude!

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Even cooler…

Our does this go in the “What did you get today” thread?

Fancy

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    Fancy

I knew a distinguished gentleman like yourself would appreciate it.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Even for me as a nest researcher, these are the craziest bird nests I’ve ever seen,” says biologist Auke-Florian Hiemstra in a Twitter thread outlining examples of how birds have reused, repurposed or ripped out anti-bird infrastructure. “Some birds are just done with our stupid spikes.” (Alexander Schippers/Naturalis Biodiversity Center)

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/jul/11/crows-and-magpies-show-their-metal-by-using-anti-bird-spikes-to-build-nests

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today might as well be that day Peter.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    One of these days I'll have to tell you the story about Joe the Crow, a family pet when I was maybe 12 years old.

Tease.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

I didn't realize the leaf could be this large... maybe it's just the camera's position and the lens making it look bigger. It would be kinda cool to know what tobacco this is and the priming.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis