Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Ran home at lunch and peeked into my 6 pack again. It was a Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and the one I couldn't remember at all was a Dominion Oak Barrel Stout.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    What's an Oatmeal Stout?
  • Options
    urbino:
    What's an Oatmeal Stout?
    http://www.byo.com/feature/305.html
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    What's an Oatmeal Stout?
    A great big bottle full of yummy
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I got a SA sampler and it's got some interesting brews. Didn't like the honey porter or the scotch ale too much, but the irish red and the brown ale were more than a little tasty. But to answer the question of this thread, most recently I had more than my share of MGD. I'm not a beer snob, but I just don't enjoy most of the top selling domestic beers. MGD, on the other hand...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    What's an Oatmeal Stout?
    http://www.byo.com/feature/305.html
    I understood about every other word of most of that (I'm not a beer guy). I gather, though, that it's basically a stout with some oatmeal in the process, but not an oatmealy stout. That about right?
  • Options
    Thats about right Urbi.
  • Options
    Luko ... I agree SA's Honey Porter is about the worst Porter I've ever. JMO.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    really? wow.

i thought it was pretty good. dont get me wrong, id much rather have an "old leg humper" porter but the honey porter isnt "the worst"

what about it didnt you like?
  • Options
    I thought it was bitter and not that hoppy bitter that I enjoy. Just a nasty bitter. That is about the only SA I don't like. The Scotch isn't my favorite but its good. Oh and the Cherry Wheat is terrible too.
  • Options
    Oh yea btw, last night I drank the Yuengling Porter and B&T and the Dominion Oak Barrel Stout. THe first two were GREAT. The Oak Barrel Stout had good flavor with the hints of vanilla were good but it had a harshness in my throat.

Tonight will be the other 3 from my variety six pack. Starting with the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I thought it was bitter and not that hoppy bitter that I enjoy. Just a nasty bitter. That is about the only SA I don't like. The Scotch isn't my favorite but its good. Oh and the Cherry Wheat is terrible too.
    i do think that SA tends to pick a more bitter hops than a floral hops. i didnt think that that one was as "bad bitter" oh well. different tastes i guess.
  • Options
    Yea, definetly different tastes, thats why there are thousands of beers! :) ... I love the bitterness in the boston lager but something about that Honey porter hits my taste buds wrong. Have you tried Yuengling's Porter yet? Its dark brewed almost guiness black and thick.
  • Options
    nope havent tried it yet. ill see what i can do.
  • Options
    Slacker!
  • Options
    I've had more than my share of the ying porter...very good...very good indeed.
  • Options
    Luko, another hophead are we?
  • Options
    Yessum...speaking of hops, ever imbibe Hopdevil or Hopdog?
  • Options
    No I haven't ... Hop Rod once.
  • Options
    tonight with These Filthy Hands i had a Dortmunder gold. always a good beer on tap. a good beer with a friend is always better than one without.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Last night had a glass of Navan - vanilla infused cognac. Nice, but syrupy. Needs a little water to cut it first. The night before, I had a glass of Goslings Family Reserve.
  • Options
    I don't think I'd drink a wine made by geese. I've seen how they do.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It's not a wine, Urbi
  • Options
    Oh. In that case, I don't think I'd drink a ___________ made by geese.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Oh. In that case, I don't think I'd drink a ___________ made by geese.
    You mean the Goslings? It's Rum made in Bermuda. Their black seal rum is great for mixing, but the family reserve on the rocks or neat is like a scotch.
  • Options
    There are geese in Bermuda? Did they emigrate from Canada?
  • Options
    They fly down annually to catch some rays and make the year's rum, but then they return to Canada. Tragically, several of their employees are killed every year, along the way.
  • Options
    Can't Bermuda get their own birds to do that? They probably pay those Canadian geese toonies on the dollar for what they would have to pay Bermudian fowl.
  • Options
    Have you ever seen a Canada Goose? They're the goombahs of the North American bird world. If the Bermudan birds tried to horn in on their liquor racket, they'd end up in leg casts. Or cement galoshes. Or buried under an end zone in Giants Stadium.

Do not mess with the geese, capiche?
  • Options
    lmao .... ptftw!