Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    tortuga rum
  • gmill880:
    tortuga rum
    *jealousy!!!* Girlfriend left me, drinking left-over beers.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hmmmmm, lassy hasn't posted here in a while. Reckon he's gone on the wagon?

Nah.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Hmmmmm, lassy hasn't posted here in a while. Reckon he's gone on the wagon?

Nah.
    I was thinking the same thing recently... Maybe this time Lassie fell down the well !!
    Oh noes, Timmy!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tonight while making chocolate with the wife, we had a few glasses of the Charles Shaw Cab.

good ol' two buck chuck. never lets me down.
    I'd just like to say . . . I love you guys.

Also: several Shiners. On an empty stomach.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    does a full stomach make a difference? I had some chocolate stout last night.
    For all u rum drinkers -- 10 Cane rum -- best i ever had as far as rum goes-very unique flavor-even a couple of my bourbon only pals enjoy
    phobicsquirrel:
    Definitely does for me. I think it does for most people.

Some Yuenglings.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:
    For all u rum drinkers -- 10 Cane rum -- best i ever had as far as rum goes-very unique flavor-even a couple of my bourbon only pals enjoy
    I've heard very mixed reviews on that one, gmill. Many say it's too sweet, and not very complex. I've never had it.
    can be perceived as sweet however i tend to think the cane gives it a 'unique flavor' --- also depends on what you mix it with. the orange mango pineapple mixed with the 10 cane reminds me of something i had on the beach in the dominican republic about 4-5 years ago --don't remember what it was called only that it came in a hollowed out pineapple-- as i was under the affluence of inkahol ....... err i mean the influence of alchohol.
    i drank nothing.

the wife on the other hand drank about 1/2 a bottle of vanilla stoli ...mixed with coke. ill be tending to her again soon.
  • I'm just starting my day. So, coffee is in my cup right now.
    kuzi16:
    i drank nothing.

the wife on the other hand drank about 1/2 a bottle of vanilla stoli ...mixed with coke. ill be tending to her again soon.
    Is that what the kids call it these days?
  • urbino:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Definitely does for me. I think it does for most people.

Some Yuenglings.
    One of my favorite drinks of all time right there. My local liquor stores just started carrying them last March (just in time for St. Patrick's) And yeah, for most people how much you've eaten has an impact on drinking. On an empty stomach it'll hit you a lot faster and harder. If you really want to see how big the difference is, try 2-3 shots on an empty stomach (if you can handle it) and then sometime later try it after a meal.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    A few pints of my homemade hard cider. This is near the end of the batch that I made almost a year ago... it's gotten better and better as it's aged. I have another keg that's been aging for almost as long, and another batch that's just been moved from primary to secondary fermentation. Gotta keep the pipeline full so I don't run out.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    anybody ever have the sierra nevada wet hop - that thar is a good beer.
  • zoom6zoom:
    A few pints of my homemade hard cider. This is near the end of the batch that I made almost a year ago... it's gotten better and better as it's aged. I have another keg that's been aging for almost as long, and another batch that's just been moved from primary to secondary fermentation. Gotta keep the pipeline full so I don't run out.
    Homemade is always the best, seriously, all of you who enjoy fine cigars REALLY need to try brewing your own beer/wine/cider. It's super cheap and it just blows anything you can get from the store out of the water.
    tortuga gold ---uummmm
    anybody ever have the tortuga rum cake - thats some good stuff !!!
    oohhh *** - i can;t feel my nose -  stepping away (actually staggering) away from the bottle
    Dude. You're supposed to drink it, not snort it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Geez, irish whiskey drinkers? Sipping on Tullamore Dew on the rocks, it's usually this or Jameson 12 year. And yes i've tried the erin go bragh stick....Woof!!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    oohhh *** - i can;t feel my nose -  stepping away (actually staggering) away from the bottle
    What the hell did you drink?
    tortuga rum-the better part of a fifth-started drinking rum on a trip to the cayman islands several years ago-loved it ever since
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thats why I stay away from liquor for the most part, except for the occasional glass of bourbon.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    anybody ever have the tortuga rum cake - thats some good stuff !!!
    Just brought a bunch of them back from a cruise. Great stuff. Hadn't had one since I went to Bermuda about 6 or 7 years ago.
    usually don't drink that much but overindulged on vacation
    what did i drink today...
    geeez....

grey goose gimlet (one of my new favorites)
    3 jack on the rocks
    a dogfishhead Old leg humper...
    ...uh some other dark beer that im to drunk to remember the name of....

a bit more jack.... iduno....

what did i drink?
    too much

a good time was had by all?

i had a bad week. whatever.