Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    at kuzipalooza i had a cup of very good Assam tea... good stuff. then two honey browns. IBC rootbeer was on hand but the shop closed and booted us out before i could get to it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    michelob night
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Sammy Winter.
  • Options
    Gentleman Jack and Coke always seems to do the trick for me
  • Options
    love gentleman jack - can;t drink anything with coke though, tastes like cough syrup to me-gentleman jack and sierra mist is quite tasty
  • Options
    and gentleman jack it was ... with a nice dose of sierra mist.....threw in a six pack of michelob earlier
  • Options
    Really gmill I've never tried it with Sierra Mist, I'll have to give that a try... I enjoyed my Gentleman and Coke so much last night I decided to give another go tonight.
  • Options
    Yea Doug give it a try - I like it much better than with coke-have converted a couple of guys at work to the Sierra Mist with bourbon and rum.... especially Tortuga gold if you like rum.
  • Options
    Yeah I like Tortuga gold never tried it with Sierra Mist either...Im going to have to pick me up a 12 pack of Sierra I think
  • Options
    Gentleman Jack again tonight ...... I'm not complaining ... always good and smooth
  • Options
    10 cane rum-- very relaxing after a long day
  • Options
    man... i have had nothing interesting to drink in the last few days. Ill have to brew some tea when i get up.
  • Options
    kuzi - do you put anything in your tea to give it some pop(alcholic-that is)
  • Options
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    the Giant Eagle has had Virgils Brews on sale...I'm averaging about 2 root beers and 1 Creme soda a day
  • Options
    mixed a creme soda and bourbon.......interesting
  • Options
    I went to a bar staurday night to watch a buddy's band play and drank diet coke. I'm hardcore, hardcore about not getting a DUI.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    I went to a bar staurday night to watch a buddy's band play and drank diet coke. I'm hardcore, hardcore about not getting a DUI.

Thank you for being responsible enough not to drink and drive. I got hit two years ago while at work. The crash killed him and I was out on IOD for 3 months.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dep691:

madurofan:

Thank you for being responsible enough not to drink and drive. I got hit two years ago while at work. The crash killed him and I was out on IOD for 3 months.

I agree with you 110% Dep. People have got to learn once and for all NOT to drive after drinking. Too many innocent people are killed or hurt every year by drinking drivers.
    I think 1st time getting caught with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit should result in insurance premium increases which would keep most of these people from driving again.I am talking 3 X's or better insurance increases for say 5 yrs, with a slide back to normal rates in 10 yrs.
    If this was the law, and was well known to all, then maybe more folks would consider the consequences of drinking and driving BEFORE they start to drinkl
    Driving is a previledge not a right. That previledge is given up when acting so irresponsibly IMO.
  • Options
    dep691:

madurofan:

I kid about not getting a DUI but its a serious topic for me as well. When I was 16 two of my best friends were killed by a drunk driver. They were riding with another friend of ours who was drunk and pulled in front of a speeding truck. The driver of the truck and the drunk driver(my friend as well) survived. The drunk driver has never been right, he's spent time in mental facilities and is generally miserable. Thats all the deterent I ever needed.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    dep691:

madurofan:

I agree with you 110% Dep. People have got to learn once and for all NOT to drive after drinking. Too many innocent people are killed or hurt every year by drinking drivers.
    I think 1st time getting caught with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit should result in insurance premium increases which would keep most of these people from driving again.I am talking 3 X's or better insurance increases for say 5 yrs, with a slide back to normal rates in 10 yrs.
    If this was the law, and was well known to all, then maybe more folks would consider the consequences of drinking and driving BEFORE they start to drinkl
    Driving is a previledge not a right. That previledge is given up when acting so irresponsibly IMO.
    Lake in the US insurance does at least double when you get a DUI. The issue is that here in Virginia at least you can pay a fine of $500 to drive uninsured. On top of that the majority of repeat DUI offenders are not only driving without insurance but without a license. Mandatory jail time is now in effective in Virginia yet this still doesn't deter many people. Not too long ago a lady in NC killed 4 teenage girls after leaving a bar. She had received I believe 4 DUIs in the past and had been in jail a couple times for DUIs. She had no license and no insurance.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    mixed a creme soda and bourbon.......interesting

Try Creme soda and Vanilla Vodka...even more interesting!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    People who've gotten a DUI should be issued a license plate that advertises that fact. Make them neon yellow or something. It'd instantly give the police and other drivers an important piece of info, and it would add a shame factor to discourage the behavior.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think drunk driving laws ought to be a bit more strict, but by that same token I don't think it would matter. As it is, people know drunk driving is illegal and wrong, yet they do it anyway, and other people usually pay the price. I feel strongly about this issue too, as a friend of mine was killed by the drunk operating the vehicle she was in not two years ago, but all the same I just don't know what could be done to make people realize the risk to themselves and to others when they decide to drink and drive. You can take away their license, but then they'll just be unlicensed and uninsured when they kill or maim someone. It is a losing battle unless jail time were the punishment for a first offense, if you take away their license, they can still drive, but they can't do it if they're locked up. I can throw ideas like that out all day long, but at the end of the day, people are going to find a way to do what they are going to do, that seems to be the bottom line here.
  • Options
    urbino:
    People who've gotten a DUI should be issued a license plate that advertises that fact. Make them neon yellow or something. It'd instantly give the police and other drivers an important piece of info, and it would add a shame factor to discourage the behavior.
    I like it! I say you submit that, I'll sign the petition.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    It is a losing battle unless jail time were the punishment for a first offense, if you take away their license, they can still drive, but they can't do it if they're locked up.
    In Virginia now its mandatory 30 days in Jail, first offense. Our DUI rate hasn't dropped since that was implemented.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    It is a losing battle unless jail time were the punishment for a first offense, if you take away their license, they can still drive, but they can't do it if they're locked up.
    In Virginia now its mandatory 30 days in Jail, first offense. Our DUI rate hasn't dropped since that was implemented.
    Yeah, that's what prompted the line after the one you quoted. Either the system is failing us, or we are failing ourselves...I'm not sure which, but neither one sounds all too good.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Yeah, that's what prompted the line after the one you quoted. Either the system is failing us, or we are failing ourselves...I'm not sure which, but neither one sounds all too good.
    I go back to what I've said many times. Stupid people are procreating faster than the intelligent ones. Put down your cigar and get to the procreation.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I go back to what I've said many times. Stupid people are procreating faster than the intelligent ones. Put down your cigar and get to the procreation.
    That sounds like what I say...except I don't encourage procreation, with the people I know it would just be more fuel to the fire.
  • Options
    saw my share of the mentally challenged today and jeezuuss ---definition of stress-when the mind overides the body's desire to kick the living *** outta some a$$hole that desperatly needs it!!!