Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tonight I'm going to have a couple drinks with dinner, not sure what yet. But when I get home I'm cracking open a new bottle of Buffalo Trace!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hark! Did someone say "buffalo"?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Buddy at work keeps talking about how good Buffalo Trace is , I have never tried it but would like to.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I've heard good things about Buffalo Trace, but it's still hard to come by around here. Won't be long, though, I'm sure. That'll be the next bourbon on my to-try list. Tonight started with a Schlitz and moved to some vodka tonics.

Maddy, I was on the baseball and basketball teams as well, so that balanced out my Science Olympiad, MathCounts, and stage theater enough to get me a cheerleader girlfriend beginning my freshman year of high school. The nerdery and losery won out after that, though, and girlfriends were pretty sparse. I managed to recover by the time I got out of college :)

85 mph? I'm pretty sure I've never thrown a ball that fast in my entire life.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hockey, baseball, basketball, acting, as well as math and science interests. You should have had girlfriends crawling all over you duty, except that most of the guys that were in the drama department didn't really care for girls ( not that there is anything wrong with that ).. They may have gotten some mixed messages.
    Oh yeah, Some White Rum Egg Nog, warmed.. 'tis the season..
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea 85 and had a big league 12-6 curveball. I actually played on the same HS team as Mike Cuddyer(plays for the twins now) and John Curtice(blew out his arm after a couple years in the minors, sold me a car a few years ago), they were the first players ever drafted in the first round from the same High School. I was talking to pro scouts when I was 14 bc of them. Sad thing is at 85 MPH I had the fourth fastest fastball on the team. Curtice threw upper 90's and was a lefty, Cuddyer in the low 90's and another guy that never did anything bc he couldn't control it but he threw around 90. I also played against the Upton brothers, I struck out BJ Upton(TB Rays) once, of course he also hit 2 homers off me. No geeky clubs in HS.

Still drinking on the Sammy WInter Lager.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dang, Maddy.. I want you on my softball team. Where you planning to retire?
  • Options
    I f'ed up my shoulder, elbow and hand so much in that crash I couldn't pitch if I wanted to. I threw into one of those speed things at a game a few years ago and my elbow hurt for weeks. I did hit 77 with no warm up though.
  • Options
    gentleman jack and sierra mist........damn i've drunk a lotta this in december
  • Options
    Yuengling ...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i drank alot of tea today. I starteds the day with lady gray. (earl gray with a bit of citrus)

since i didnt bring any more tea with me to work i ended up drinking lipton brewed for a very short amount of time to cut some of the bitter with a tiny bit of sugar and some lime ... not bad.

still bringing tea to work tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Tonight I'm going to have a couple drinks with dinner, not sure what yet. But when I get home I'm cracking open a new bottle of Buffalo Trace!

ROFL!! I was just going to post when i saw that! I'm sipping Buffalo Trace right now....love the stuff. If you like this, next time you go to the store buy a bottle of Bulliet Bourbon. Great Bourbon!
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Yuengling
    and
    FULL MOON...I am buying a few cases of this before it goes out of season. This stuff is outstanding.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    Yuengling
    and
    FULL MOON...I am buying a few cases of this before it goes out of season. This stuff is outstanding.

Sam Adams Winter Brew is pretty good too. Nice spices but not overpowering, drinking some now!
  • Options
    I had my fave drink. I love it, its never to hard to find and hits the spot. Nice caramel notes, perfect amount of carbonation, nice, dark and sweet.

Diet Coke.
  • Options
    finished off a six pack of michelob and the last couple mixes of some tortuga rum
  • Options
    Had a glass of Buffalo Trace. Great Bourbon. Wish it wasnt so cold and rainy. A Gurkha Beast sounds good...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Had a glass of Buffalo Trace. Great Bourbon. Wish it wasnt so cold and rainy. A Gurkha Beast sounds good...
    I don't think I'd like a bourbon that's cold and rainy.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:
    Speaking of "cold and rainy," I heard a co-worker complain the other day when it was raining that she didn't like it because "it is a very damp rain." Huh? WTF! Now a damp bourbon, that sounds good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:
    Speaking of "cold and rainy," I heard a co-worker complain the other day when it was raining that she didn't like it because "it is a very damp rain." Huh? WTF! Now a damp bourbon, that sounds good.
    A damp rain, huh? This coworker wouldn't happen to have a lobotomy scar as well, would she?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:
    A damp rain, huh? This coworker wouldn't happen to have a lobotomy scar as well, would she?

Should have offered to get her out of her damp clothes and into a dry martini!.......no thats never worked for me either
  • Options
    Sounds like it might have with her, though.
  • Options

had a young lady at a b&m close to work ask me to give her the prices on all the sticks i brought to the counter because.............she didn't like to go into the walk in humi....she said it made her hair frizzy.....LMAO

• Options
    sierra mist.....straight....nothing in it.....oohhh I feel light headed.....
  • Options
    gmill880:
    sierra mist.....straight....nothing in it.....oohhh I feel light headed.....
    You were da man tonight, Clifford Franklin!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well i'm at work and they really frown on us drinking at the Police Dept. but in the morning I'm heading East to the lake and I'm taking my bottle of Buffalo Trace with me!!! It may not be a white Christmas here in TX but it's damn sure going to be a fun one! haha
  • Options
    Yea but you guys got those dark windows nobody can see ya turn one up!!! I know you wouldn't do that on duty -just joking
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Interesting day for drinks today.

Went out to lunch with some colleagues from work and tried Hennessey XO for the first time. Very Nice.

Also made some nice coffee purchases lately. The first was a Sun Dried Sidamo (they pick the coffee cherries and dry them in the sun before harvesting the beans from them). Excellent coffee. Definitely abundant with notes of dark cherry.

The second coffee was an Aged Sumatra. For it's strength, being a Sumatran coffee, it was incredibly smooth. I guess age works for lots of the best foods/drinks....except milk.....aged milk is never good...especially with cereal.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    I guess age works for lots of the best foods/drinks....except milk.....aged milk is never good...especially with cereal.
    Aged OJ never really hits the spot either.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    The Sumatran Mandheling beans are some of my favorite. They too are sun dried / cured but not in the cherries like that. What altitude are those beans grown at Rob do you know?