Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Definatley not bad for a change.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Opened my first bottle of Buffalo Trace (easy urbi) Very good ( takes another drink)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Tatonka!
  • Options

Thats funny!!!

• Options
    Love Buffalo Trace, still have a half of a bottle left. Tonight was a few fingers of tullamore dew on ice. DEEEElightful
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    Love Buffalo Trace, still have a half of a bottle left. Tonight was a few fingers of tullamore dew on ice. DEEEElightful
    I am not much of a drinker... so what's Buffalo Trace and Tullamore Dew ? For us uneducated .
  • Options
    Buffalo Trac is a good bourbon and Tullamore Dew is, imho, the best reasonably priced irish whiskey out there.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Buffalo Trac is a good bourbon and Tullamore Dew is, imho, the best reasonably priced irish whiskey out there.

Ahhh. I like Rum, and a particular Cognac (Grand Marnier) and found Tequilla to be a favoured drink while laying on the Beach in Mexico last year.
    One real MAJOR incident when I was about 14 yrs. old cured me of drinking whiskey or Rye for ever. Just a whiff from the bottle and I am making long distance calls from the big white phone booth in the bathroom.
    I am such a light weight...
  • Options
    laker my fav two rums are Tortuga and 10 Cane-have you ever had those?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Heh Tequila

There are two types of people in this world, those who drink tequila and those who have a story as to why they do not.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:

Ahhh. I like Rum, and a particular Cognac (Grand Marnier) and found Tequilla to be a favoured drink while laying on the Beach in Mexico last year.
    One real MAJOR incident when I was about 14 yrs. old cured me of drinking whiskey or Rye for ever. Just a whiff from the bottle and I am making long distance calls from the big white phone booth in the bathroom.
    That's a damn shame. You're missing out on some good stuff. I'm not trying to talk you into them. I smell what you're stepping in; there's no getting over an experience like that. I'm just sayin'. I've never had Buffalo Trace (even though it's everywhere in these parts) or Tullamore Dew, but there are some damn fine bourbons, scotches, and Irish whiskeys being made these days.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    laker my fav two rums are Tortuga and 10 Cane-have you ever had those?

No gmill I haven't had either. I have heard of the 10 Cane Rum. Is it good?
    I am not much of a drinker like I said, and I am likely outing myself here by stating the name of the Rum I have right now so don't everybody laugh OK?
    I am enjoying this bottle of Bacardi 1873 amber Rum. It says it is a blend of Rums aged form 1 to 6 years?
    I guess there is probably quite a difference in what is available up here compared with in the US? I know BadAndy likes our Crown Royal (Whiskey??) but he can't get it down there.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Heh Tequila

There are two types of people in this world, those who drink tequila and those who have a story as to why they do not.
    LOL I have heard that somewhere else too Maddy. I was very well behaved in Mexico and there were no stories worth telling resulting from the Tequilla. I am going to Cuba this spring thou so ...
  • Options
    There's somewhere in the States where Crown can't be had?
  • Options
    laker the 10 cane is great in my opinion- the cuba trip -personal or business if u dont mind me asking
  • Options
    Makers Mark and switched to Buffalo Trace now
  • Options
    urbino:
    There's somewhere in the States where Crown can't be had?
    I guess that where Badandy is it isn't available. I just assumed the rest. He was asking me about it. Is it very expensive there too?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    laker the 10 cane is great in my opinion- the cuba trip -personal or business if u dont mind me asking

ALL PLEASURE :) Read lot's of cigar's !!!!!
  • Options
    lotsa CUBAN cigars-nice man nice
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

I'll be your mooch!!!! :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

The plan is to bring home as many boxes as I and my wife are allowed to bring thru customs. I believe it works out to 2 boxes each (plus whatever loose one's I can have on me) There will be at least one box for passing out to friends
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

The plan is to bring home as many boxes as I and my wife are allowed to bring thru customs. I believe it works out to 2 boxes each (plus whatever loose one's I can have on me) There will be at least one box for passing out to friends
    That's cool. I wish our damn government would get rid of that embargo....I think it's kinda ridiculous at this point. My opinion anyway.

What are you planning to get, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

That's cool. I wish our damn government would get rid of that embargo....I think it's kinda ridiculous at this point. My opinion anyway.

NO I don't mind, in fact I was going to look for some suggestions here before I went anyway.
    I will definately be getting a box of Montecristo # 2's, and a box of Cohiba's of some kind also. I also want to reserve one box for something which is a little outside the BIG name makers. Any suggestion's will help me out as I will research each suggestion and then narrow my search from there.
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun project, doogie. Wish I knew anything about Cuban cigars so I could make suggestions.
  • Options
    Whenever i travel overseas i always look for Trinidad. Awesome, awesome, awesome cuban cigar. I dont know if thats outside the big names or not.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Sounds like a fun project, doogie. Wish I knew anything about Cuban cigars so I could make suggestions.

Yeah, I kind of thought that because of the embargo and whatnot that my help might be limited here, but like you mentioned I thought it could be fun.

Jetmech:
    Whenever i travel overseas i always look for Trinidad. Awesome, awesome, awesome cuban cigar. I dont know if thats outside the big names or not.

The Trinidad is certainly one I am considering based on it's history and the fact that I have a couple in my humi (Dominican) so I would like to try the originals.
    I am going to purchase 3 of each kind I select for the final list and then when I "KNOW" what I want I will purchase a box of that one.
    This is a project I plan on participating in very aggressively :)
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

NO I don't mind, in fact I was going to look for some suggestions here before I went anyway.
    I will definately be getting a box of Montecristo # 2's, and a box of Cohiba's of some kind also. I also want to reserve one box for something which is a little outside the BIG name makers. Any suggestion's will help me out as I will research each suggestion and then narrow my search from there.
    Did you say suggestion? :)

From personal experience, I'd recommend looking into H. Uppman and Vegas Robaina, both make a nice torpedo, the #2 and Unicos respectively. I keep hearing good things about Bolivar as well, from the Belicosos Finos to the Petit Coronas and the Royal Coronas, that brand is beloved by many....Just a short while now and I'll be able to see for myself how good they are. Oh one last thing, another cigar to think about picking up is the Partagas Lusitanias...though probably not a whole box, they are double coronas and are regarded as one of the best cigars in the world, if not the best, I haven't yet had one so I can't say if the praise is justified, but I doubt so many people could be that wrong.
  • Options
    I have a trip to Paradise Island,Bahamas set for February although the cigar selection proably won't be as good  as Lakes I was wondering the same about what to get. Anybody have any opinions or experiences from there?
  • Options
    I'm with you joe the embargo is bs-
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I have a trip to Paradise Island,Bahamas set for February although the cigar selection proably won't be as good  as Lakes I was wondering the same about what to get. Anybody have any opinions or experiences from there?
    Well, if it's the Bahamas, these aren't Cuban, but I think you have to get some Graycliffs direct from the source. It's, like, a rule or something.