Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    This afternoon smoked some good cigars and enjoyed a whisky and bourbone tasting with two of my colleagues: Photobucket
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Slurping down the Woodford Reserve after a ... really trying day ... lets just leave it at that .
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    After coming back from a 3 Monkey's beer tasting... having some Knob Creek on the rocks
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Stone Old Gaurdian barleywine from 2010. Holy jeebus this is good!
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Old Gaurdian barleywine from 2010. Holy jeebus this is good!
    Awesome news. I still have mine and I have the one from this year. Tonight I had a Chocolate Sombrero from Clown Shoes.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Gotta have something to keep me awake since my French press is at home...
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Black Butte Porter
    Had a New World Porter last night.
    Columbian Aguardiente
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Irish breakfast tea.
    Sam Adams Summer Ale ... Yes I believe I will buy again !
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Chimay Blue. Excellent brew...those Belgian monks are awesome.
    Glenlevit 21 year old Archrive with My Father Le Bijou 1922. Wonderful way to end the weekend.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Last night, my girlfriend's parents came by and I felt like having something nice. I broke out my bottle of 27 year old Parker's Bourbon and passed it around the table for everyone to try. Then went to Willett bourbon so they could see the difference. While the Willett is very soft and floral with fruit and vanilla notes, the Parker's is heavy and loaded with oak and vanilla with touches of fruit.

I felt like going for something different and giving them a lesson in good alcohol (they're always slightly impressed and intrigued by what I have in my collection), so I broke out my bottle of Ron Abuelo Centuria Rum. Loaded with caramel, tropical fruit, vanilla and hints of oak, this stuff is astounding sipping rum.

To introduce something different, I finally cracked my bottle of Pierre Ferrand Ancestrale that I've been waiting to open for so long. This stuff is stellar. I've had Remy King Louis XIII and while I felt it was amazing, just didn't warrant the astronomical price tag. Ancestrale was much cheaper and loaded with notes of dried fruits (raisin, fig, prune, apricot, apple), candied dates, vanilla, soft spice and absolutely no burn going down.
    Bells Hopslam
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    JSaint:
    Bells Hopslam
    Awesome beer! I had to settle with a not so awesome Blue Moon.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Sierra mist to cleanse the pallet and diet coke lol I'm still at work dangit....
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Right now: A bottle of 2007 Lail Vineyards Blueprint Cabernet Sauvignon - dark, jammy fruit: raspberry, blackberry, black currant; vanilla, oak; great tannin structure and balanced acidity that rounds out with a few hours in a decanter.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Miller Lite... not bad
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Miller Lite... not bad
    Good vintage?
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Miller Lite... not bad
    Good vintage?
    Yes... March 2012... triple hops brewed you know...
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Miller Lite... not bad
    Good vintage?

Your not ... like ... drinking .... and running your fingers ... thru those bullets , are you ???
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Miller Lite... not bad
    Good vintage?

Your not ... like ... drinking .... and running your fingers ... thru those bullets , are you ???
    NO.... I'd say more of lustful stroll through those bullets.... not running...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I'm more excited than I've been in a long time. A client brought me a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan today. That's the fastest way to my heart. Enjoying a dram right now.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Green Flash Brewing's Imperial IPA - yummy!
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    dennisking:
    I'm more excited than I've been in a long time. A client brought me a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan today. That's the fastest way to my heart. Enjoying a dram right now.
    nice. gotta love ardbeg
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    And boy, do I love Ardbeg.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    415:
    dennisking:
    nice. gotta love ardbeg
    Yeah thanks to Jason (I forget his name here lol) I have a lovely bottle of that as well, I think you saw all the scotch pics I posted the other day on Facebook didn't you Dennis?
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'm bout 6 pack deep into Black Butte Porter pretty solid beer imo
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    I'm bout 6 pack deep into Black Butte Porter pretty solid beer imo
    YEAH BABY!! Love me some Black Butte porter....it's ahrd to find in some places but my lord it is good.