Home General Discussion
Options

Forum Blend Update

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Looks like everyone likes the sumatra. This is something I can bring on in to test out. It will most likely start as an unbanded bundle but if sales are good, we can add a box and band. Lets discuss what sizes we like and a name. Please use this thread as an open discussion for both and when we have voiced our opinions we will open up both to a vote.

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Maybe a Torpedo and Robusto. 6 X 50 or 6 X 52 for the Torpedo and a 5 X 50 for the Robusto. Just wonder how the sizes will change the taste. I like the current size too.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Funny that you throw this in here now. I'm smoking the Sumatra as we speak and just popped in to say I like it, quite a bit actually. For a bunch of screw ups and slackers we came up with a decent cigar. Thanks for the guidance and putting this together for us Alex.

I know there are a few of us on here that prefer smaller ring gauges so a lancero or corona would be great. Also you can't go wrong with a robusto.

A box and band mean nothing to me, as long as its wrapped in cello and tasted good the rest doesn't matter much.. I say if keeping it unbanded and bundled keeps the price down lets keep it that way.

I'd also like to see them called the traditional cuban vitolas i.e. corona, panatella. Also I'm not sure if this exists or not but if it does lets make it the correct size I know there is a lot of variation on size in a vitola but if there is a "correct" size could we do that.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My vote is for a word that describes what went on on these forums, but isn't too obvious to the common public.

A quick search showed up
    CATADORES
    "The tasters who meticulously monitor the finished cigars on a daily basis."

I think this not only describes us as a group but the name sounds fairly cool as well...

CCOM y Forum "CATADORES"

Or if we want to be simple with it... How about just CCOM (see-comm)

I'm fascinated with the world of marketing so I will like this thread!
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Torpedo....how about "Our Blend" as the name of the cigar
  • Options
    New from Cigar.com...

CULMINATION

See.... told you I would love this thread!

More searching has turned up this

Culminaci
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Lasabar:
    New from Cigar.com...

CULMINATION

See.... told you I would love this thread!
    me likey
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    CATADORES
    I love this! I would totally buy this cigar... I am trying to get my hands on a bundle :(... Please? And I do agree about smaller ring gauges. There should def. be a one "small", one "medium", and one "big" sized cigar. It makes sense. So a corona, medium robusto, and fat torpedo makes sense...
  • Options
    Spanish word for Community

Comunidad
  • Options
    LIGADOR
    "The master blender in a cigar factory."

We could call it Ligadors or Ligadores
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lasabar:
    LIGADOR
    "The master blender in a cigar factory."

We could call it Ligadors or Ligadores
    I also really like Catadores.

If we just add the year of production to that name it could also serve as the name for future forums blends.

Way to go Lassy. A name for a new Forum Blend Line of sticks EXCLUSIVELY available at C.COM.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I am also going in for a vote on small-medium-large size. I think you should use a spruced up version of the icon on the top left page of the guy in the easychair or the interactive cigar.com guy in the lower left. He haunts my dreams. The brand should be CCOM since we all abbreviate it that way and the name of the cigar should be "Knight Stick"
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Spanish word for Community

Comunidad
    Way too communist like ;)! Comunismo?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    So, you aren't looking at producing the Maduro? That sucks, I really liked it quite a bit. But, the Sumatra is very good as well, and at least one of the blends is going into production.

For sizes, I liked the Toro quite a bit, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Torpedo, Corona, and Robusto also.

As far as the name, I do like Culmination like Lassy suggested, but I still think Collabo would be a cool name too.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    So, you aren't looking at producing the Maduro? That sucks, I really liked it quite a bit. But, the Sumatra is very good as well, and at least one of the blends is going into production.

For sizes, I liked the Toro quite a bit, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Torpedo, Corona, and Robusto also.

As far as the name, I do like Culmination like Lassy suggested, but I still think Collabo would be a cool name too.
    He hasn't actually said that yet. I hope he holds off on that decision until more feedback comes in. LIKE MINE !!!! LMAO
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    How about "The Blend!" Or CCom Hardcore!

I'm not too creative with this stuff!
  • Options
    How about no band and no name and lets save a few dollars on the sticks :).
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Man, the guy consults for NASA... works from home... and he wants to save a few cents on labels and names...CHEAP basturd. LMAO

Are you sure you aren't Canadian?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    alienmisprint:

He hasn't actually said that yet. I hope he holds off on that decision until more feedback comes in. LIKE MINE !!!! LMAO

I loved the maduro much more and hope it can be kept as well ...I would def buy those as is ...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I also like the idea of seeing 3 different sizes: a small ring gauge, a medium or average ring gauge and a larger ring gauge. This way we can see the difference the wrapper to filler ratio makes in our own blend.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    As far as size, I'd like to see a corona gorda, keep the toro, and maybe a torpedo or churchill...or both.

I'm with maddy, I don't see why we need a band or box, let's keep this thing low-maintenance.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Though I'm new to cigars and this forum, I think "Catadores" is the best option put forth so far. Ccom is obviously a strong community of cigar enthusiasts, and the members are here every day giving their opinions on the taste and quality of cigars. So, I think the name "Catadores" would be an excellent representation of the membership here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have yet to smoke either.... but i still want a corona.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    Man, the guy consults for NASA... works from home... and he wants to save a few cents on labels and names...CHEAP basturd. LMAO

Way to go! Picking on Canadians all day you are! ;)
  • Options
    I liked the idea that involved the logo of the guy in the top left corner on a band.
    As for sizes, as long as theres a robusto I will probably buy it.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Not all of us can be independently wealthy like you doogie.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Not all of us can be independently wealthy like you doogie.
    Independently wealthy? Me? LOL if that were the case I would smoke at least one Cuban everyday, and would not mind paying the overinflated Canadian B&M prices for the dozen or so sticks they actually keep in stock, LOL.

Naw, I'm just like evryone else here who is jelous that you get to work from home. I mean that alone has to save you money just on clothes alone!

Visions of Maddy walking around the house "working" while wearing a bath robe and fuzzy slippers :)

I am also a little b!tchy still, cause you guys all have got your Forum Blends and even tried them... mine are somewhere, but NOT where I wish they were. I'm depressed.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    As far as size, I'd like to see a corona gorda, keep the toro, and maybe a torpedo or churchill...or both.

I'm with maddy, I don't see why we need a band or box, let's keep this thing low-maintenance.
    Yeah, I definately vote for no band or box, just plain sticks in cellos in a bundle. If we could see these for around $3-4 a stick, that would be awesome. Especially if we could see the Maduros produced.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    OK, here is my $.02 for what it's worth

For sizes, I love the toro that the samplers came in. It is a beautiful cigar and a great size IMO so I would keep that if there will only be one size. If we get to add sizes then I would like to see a torpedo, a robusto, and then maybe something in a smaller ring gauge. (In that order)

As for bands and names. If it is a significant savings, then I say go without but if it is only a few cents a stick, then I would like to see a band with the CCOM guy in the chair as well and I like Catadores the best so far but Ligadores is good as well. I just think that it needs to be something that references the forum and everyone here's passion for cigars or make a reference to the collaboration of all the members that were responsible for the making of these great cigars.
  • Options
    I don't give a CRAP about the band or box... but we gotta name our little guys!

P.s. I know I've talked about art and stuff before, if they don't make a band I'll see what I can come up with that I will draw/create and upload it here to print out!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Lasabar:
    I don't give a CRAP about the band or box... but we gotta name our little guys!

P.s. I know I've talked about art and stuff before, if they don't make a band I'll see what I can come up with that I will draw/create and upload it here to print out!

When you say "our little guys" that makes them seem like sperm.

If it's a cigar I'm going to smoke, I'd like it to be something with a pretty strong name. If we're going to do several, as in the vintage thing, it'd be cool to name them after the zodiac, or greek gods, or something. As far as sizes, I'm a fan of larger ring guages, but I see why it'd be a good idea to have something for everyone; a lancero of 5x46, or whatever, I wouldn't know what a lancero is, then a robusto that's 5x50 and a mas gorda of maybe 5.5x56.