Home General Discussion
Options

Forum Blend Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    One might want to ask Alex what a likely scenario would be? Obviously, this would be a business venture on the part of cigar.com and to have a bunch of cigars laying around in all sizes that aren't selling would definately put a damper on the idea of them ever trying this type of thing again. What do you think Alex? One size to start with, or multiple sizes?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    My favorite sizes are the torpedo and robusto. It used to be churchill but I just don't get THAT much time at once to really have a big smoke so torpedos are my big smokes nowadays and robustos are my short smokes. And of course, they should be called HARPOONS!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    As far as size, I'd like to see a corona gorda, keep the toro, and maybe a torpedo or churchill...or both.

I'm with maddy, I don't see why we need a band or box, let's keep this thing low-maintenance.
    Yeah, I definately vote for no band or box, just plain sticks in cellos in a bundle. If we could see these for around $3-4 a stick, that would be awesome. Especially if we could see the Maduros produced.

We need a movement to keep the Maduros alive Tony ...Alex !?!?!?
  • Options
    I rather like "comunidad" for some reason
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like alot of the names being offered. i still think my favorite was the first:
    CATADORES
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    As far as size, I'd like to see a corona gorda, keep the toro, and maybe a torpedo or churchill...or both.

I'm with maddy, I don't see why we need a band or box, let's keep this thing low-maintenance.
    Yeah, I definately vote for no band or box, just plain sticks in cellos in a bundle. If we could see these for around $3-4 a stick, that would be awesome. Especially if we could see the Maduros produced.

I agree totally, you just don't see the kind of support that you and I are offering for the Maduros from the Sumatra fans. Doing some quick math, they prepared 50 of the bundles before, which is 250 of the maduros. If nothing else, maybe Alex could get them to whip up 250 more of them just for us? I'm down to split if you are Geno.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:

I agree totally, you just don't see the kind of support that you and I are offering for the Maduros from the Sumatra fans. Doing some quick math, they prepared 50 of the bundles before, which is 250 of the maduros. If nothing else, maybe Alex could get them to whip up 250 more of them just for us? I'm down to split if you are Geno.

I haven't had a chance to try these but I do prefer Maduro's most times.

As for the Maduro's not being re-done, I haven't actually heard Alex say that. If they are not going to be re-done perhaps it is a wrapper availability issue or someting. Don't forget these sticks are identical in structure to the others in every way except for the wrappers, so there would be no reason not to re-run them unless the wrappers weren't available.

That was my little D!ck Tracey routine...what'cha think

Oh and just in case I love these too, I want into the split your working on ;)
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Oh and just in case I love these too, I want into the split your working on ;)
    Me too! You better save some for me.

laker1963:
    [

That was my little D!ck Tracey routine...what'cha think
    I think that if you used that little bit of D!ck...you might have actually come up with a correct answer in the fun and games thread already. LOL

BTW, I can't believe that the filter actually edits out D!ck. What if that was really a members name?
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I like the Catadores, and having the C.com guy on the band. it would be pretty cool. I'm a big fan of torps, though if it kept prices done significantly keep em un banded but if its just mere pocket change put a band on her
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I'm not the creative type so I'm not too concerned with a name. Sizes I'd like to see are Robusto 5x50, keep the toro size, and maybe a torpedo 6x52, or smaller ring gauge. My #1 preference is a robusto size.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:

Yeah I'm definitly in on a 250 split Tony ...man we could age some of those huh ...but probably not as much as you would think ...it would be hard to not smoke them and just look at them .
    As far as a name goes ...I thought about that and where this whole thing actually started from. I believe it started out as a slightly different idea from Maddy and Duty ( a member not around much anymore) and then involved Kuzi ...How about since it originated by 3 forum members call it the Kuzmadu !?! Kuzmadu Maduros or Sumatras has a nice ring to it ...a combination of the three members names ...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:

Yeah I'm definitly in on a 250 split Tony ...man we could age some of those huh ...but probably not as much as you would think ...it would be hard to not smoke them and just look at them .
    As far as a name goes ...I thought about that and where this whole thing actually started from. I believe it started out as a slightly different idea from Maddy and Duty ( a member not around much anymore) and then involved Kuzi ...How about since it originated by 3 forum members call it the Kuzmadu !?! Kuzmadu Maduros or Sumatras has a nice ring to it ...a combination of the three members names ...

Gene... you can ignore us all you want, but Ron and I have both said that we want in on that deal !

I thought that you were a generous type G, but here you go trying to hoard the whole shipment for yourself. tsk, tsk. tsk.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    For the name, it's tough to beat lassy's Catadores. That gets my vote. If we are going to do a name that's a tribute, it should be a tribute to Alex, it was really his idea and his baby...i.e the Svengali.

As for vitola, robusto and toro work for me. Torpedo would be great too.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im gunna say it again.

CORONA

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im gunna say it again.

CORONA

I'm with y'all on the Catadores and even more on the

CORONA
  • Options
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:

Gene... you can ignore us all you want, but Ron and I have both said that we want in on that deal !

I thought that you were a generous type G, but here you go trying to hoard the whole shipment for yourself. tsk, tsk. tsk.

My bad brother ...you and Ron are certainly welcome in on the split ...I have no problem with that ...now we need 500 though instead of 250 ...right ? ...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:

My bad brother ...you and Ron are certainly welcome in on the split ...I have no problem with that ...now we need 500 though instead of 250 ...right ? ...
    Yeah man, 500 Maduros sounds good to me. And I was thinking about the aging, but honestly I doubt I would get more than a year on any of them. Like you said, it would be hard not to smoke those all the time, lol.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The review sounds good, I'd be willing to buy a few bundles of each... I didn't buy any of the smaplers (*snicker snicker*) since the voting was almost over b4 I joined, but I'd sure like to get in on them now.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I started as a Torpedo guy... Just liked the way I could control the draw
    I then moved to Toros... just liked the size and I got good at cutting them
    Now I'm smoking more and more smaller sizes... either way we go, I would smoke anyone of them and my tastes will always change to make me always come back around to a certain size.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Since this is getting a bit disorganized - I decided to help out C.Com's members and staff a bit. So... I made a little survey that has ALL the options suggested here. It will be a convenient way to collect data and "vote". Please visit the link below:

Take Forum Blend VOTE

Read everything carefully... I also accept any suggestions on how we can improve that. Any other suggestions for name will be included in the survey. I hope this helps. An NO attempts for "cheating" will be tolerated! Make sure you type in your username/forumname exactly as we see it here... Here is the link to paste in your browsers if above doesnt work: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDM2dERrN21LWHlMelZqYklnN2VOOUE6MA..

Cheers!