Home General Discussion
Options

Hello all.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been 7 years since I smoked a cigar. A radio add for a beer and cigar gathering put the bug in me. It took 2 days to find a cigar seller and the prices were outrageous. Found this site, placed an order. Fast delivery and very happy with the selection. Now on the hunt for a humidor and the rest of needed paraphernalia.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Welcome JD!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums and welcome back to cigars JD! Head over to the Trades Passes and Bombs area and check out the Newbie Trading Thread, they will take great care of you over there and show you how amazing at counting we all are :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey JD, Welcome to the family..I am sure you will find it a nice group to be a part of.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome JD. But now I am curious. WTH is West Gnawed Pencil, TN? I googled it but it only leads back to you. LOL
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Welcome to the site...Yes, head over the the newbie area....then be afraid, very afraid. Investing in small, half moon metal objects is in your future.
  • Options
    Welcome JD
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    sup. a/s/l? LoL j/k welcome!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, light a stick and hang out awhile
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome aboard and dont be shy we dont bite.....not anywhere that will show...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome JD, If you need a lighter and cutter to get you going, let me know........
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Hope you stick around for the fun.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Welcome to a great forum with the best BOTLs
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    HULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tennessee's a pretty wide state but If you're not too far away from where I am we should get together and herf. I got a small pre-seasoned humidor you can have to start building up your collection.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome JD. But now I am curious. WTH is West Gnawed Pencil, TN? I googled it but it only leads back to you. LOL
    Wondering the same. I'm familiar with Bugscuffle, Frog Jump, Hop In, Bucksnort and a number of other small areas in my state, but West Gnawed Pencil is new to me. I even know where Scrougehorn is, and that's rare. Welcome.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bob Luken:
    Wondering the same. I'm familiar with Bugscuffle, Frog Jump, Hop In, Bucksnort and a number of other small areas in my state, but West Gnawed Pencil is new to me. I even know where Scrougehorn is, and that's rare. Welcome.
    Bucksnort is an awesome landmark. I always use it when giving people directions to Memphis. Usually something like...don't stop in Bucksnort after dark because all the gas stations there close at sundown. And I hope you don't have to pee for a few miles or run out of gas, because there's not much of anything along that stretch of 40. So yeah, Bucksnort. Best name between Nashville and Memphis, that's for sure.

Anyway, there's a good few of us who seem to be close enough to herf it up. I might have to plan something along those lines for the upcoming 1k post...hmmmm.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hello.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Martel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bob Luken:
    Bucksnort is an awesome landmark. I always use it when giving people directions to Memphis. Usually something like...don't stop in Bucksnort after dark because all the gas stations there close at sundown. And I hope you don't have to pee for a few miles or run out of gas, because there's not much of anything along that stretch of 40. So yeah, Bucksnort. Best name between Nashville and Memphis, that's for sure.

Anyway, there's a good few of us who seem to be close enough to herf it up. I might have to plan something along those lines for the upcoming 1k post...hmmmm.
    I am actually in the Milan area. The "West Gnawed Pencil" came about because I am a huge fan of fountain pens, and when I moved (and retired and married) here in 2005 I could not find so much as a bottle of ink. I was constantly asked what kind of pen was I using. And with a bit of humor, I say I am from "West Gnawed Pencil". It also looks good on my fountain pen forum.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thought. I did manage to find a cutter, in a gas station of all places. Plastic, but it works. The one thing there seems to be no shortage of in TN are matches and lighters. I have been very surprised and pleased with the welcome from all of you.
  • Options
    I am a fan of single malt and a good smoke myself, great way to relax and un-wind.
  • Options
    Thank you. The welcome here has been a very positive surprise.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    Thank you. The welcome here has been a very positive surprise.

HEHE...not as positive as it probably will be...very soon
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have a fat old gold nibbed Mont Blanc somewheres. Used to have a shoe shaped bottle of Mont Blanc ink, too. Close as I come any more to the fountain pen thing. If I can find it, I'll shoot it out to you, along with several gnawed pencils cluttering the old peanut can in the garage. I'm sure someone filched your addy before me. Snipe that addy on over.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    All contributions gratefully accepted. oops This was supposed to include a quote from "webmost".
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Martel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bob Luken:

I am actually in the Milan area. The "West Gnawed Pencil" came about because I am a huge fan of fountain pens, and when I moved (and retired and married) here in 2005 I could not find so much as a bottle of ink. I was constantly asked what kind of pen was I using. And with a bit of humor, I say I am from "West Gnawed Pencil". It also looks good on my fountain pen forum.
    Milan? Not far from me at all. As to Martels idea, I've thought about that a time or two. Did any of y'all go to the "Cigar & Brew Fest" in Jackson? I've not been, but Jackson might be a good center-point, about 60 miles south of me, and close to the same distance for Bob Luken and Martel, and if you're in Milan you're probably in and around Jackson all the time. Worth giving some thought.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    It also looks good on my fountain pen forum.

OK, I have to ask. There is a fountain pen forum? I'm pretty sure its my sever lack of knowledge in the area, but I had no idea that there was enough fountain pen kinda stuff out there that a forum could be started and operated?!
  • Options
    I am keeping it in the back of my head, sounds good. Can't plan anything in the near future though, too much going on. One family crisis after another. It was the radio ad for the "Cigar & Brew Fest" that sent me looking for cigars. Never did find a cigar store. I did find a head shop and a gas station that both had humidors and bought some C-Notes (big surprise), a Fuente and a couple of other familiar brands. The prices were a major shock. So too the internet I went and the prices are a lot better, seem to be stuck on samplers and I have been been very happy with the results. PS I get lost every time I go to Jackson
  • Options
    "The Fountain Pen Forum" is the name, catchy huh..... There are others but this is the big one, and it is big. Found it after I lost most of my collection in a tornado and it helped keep me sane, not that I was all that sane before.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    "The Fountain Pen Forum" is the name, catchy huh..... There are others but this is the big one, and it is big. Found it after I lost most of my collection in a tornado and it helped keep me sane, not that I was all that sane before.

I had no idea such a thing existed!