Options

Hello all.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    "The Fountain Pen Forum" is the name, catchy huh..... There are others but this is the big one, and it is big. Found it after I lost most of my collection in a tornado and it helped keep me sane, not that I was all that sane before.

I had no idea such a thing existed!

How do you add photos..............?
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    "The Fountain Pen Forum" is the name, catchy huh..... There are others but this is the big one, and it is big. Found it after I lost most of my collection in a tornado and it helped keep me sane, not that I was all that sane before.

I had no idea such a thing existed!

How do you add photos..............?
    THE FOUNTAIN PEN NETWORK.................................not forum. Where is the coffee......
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Hit reply to the post, and you'll see something like this. I can't put the brackets up, or it wont show.

img src="http://www.the url for your picture.com"

DO A PREVIEW, if its to large add

Height="###" Width="###" after the URL, but before the >
  • Options
    Could I be in a holding pattern for awhile..? Get nothing.
  • Options
    I'll head over to the newbie section. No need to tie you up. Many thanks................
  • Options
    There is a thread about it, see if I can track it down. I have just about nothing to do right now
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of only one place to get good cigars in Jackson. Ye olde pipe shop. It's in Hamilton Hills Shopping center across from Barnhill's Buffet. It's on the same side as Harbor Freight Tools, just a few doors to the left. Tiny little shop. It's been there at least since the 70's. They have a small walk-in humidor and a few chairs and that's about it. They have always been helpful when I was there.

I had no idea that cigar/brew fest was going on. I don't listen to radio or watch TV out of Jackson. Wish I'd known.

I post all my pictures from a photobucket account. It's pretty easy but I might not be the best guy to explain the details. Check out the thread titled - How to format your posts [Now with Emoticons aka Smilies] - and read the part on - Images.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum. Stick to ccom and you wont go wrong
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy the great brotherhood we got going on here :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    In case it gets shuffled down again

Link Here
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I know of only one place to get good cigars in Jackson. Ye olde pipe shop. It's in Hamilton Hills Shopping center across from Barnhill's Buffet. It's on the same side as Harbor Freight Tools, just a few doors to the left. Tiny little shop. It's been there at least since the 70's. They have a small walk-in humidor and a few chairs and that's about it. They have always been helpful when I was there.

I had no idea that cigar/brew fest was going on. I don't listen to radio or watch TV out of Jackson. Wish I'd known.

I post all my pictures from a photobucket account. It's pretty easy but I might not be the best guy to explain the details. Check out the thread titled - How to format your posts [Now with Emoticons aka Smilies] - and read the part on - Images.

I've never been there, but I heard that they might have remodeled their lounge area recently. Not sure how recent that report was, so I don't know what recent means. In Memphis there's at least 3 places worth smoking at; and one in Southaven. Looks like there might be a cool place in Florence, AL, but that's farther than Jackson for me. Thought Tupelo might be a good central location for some, but there's nothing there afaik. Oh well.

I also didn't hear a thing about the cigar/brew fest.

As far as photobucket goes, you just go to "get links" and click on the html. It automatically copies the format onto your clipboard and then you just paste it into the message. Easy.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Welcome jd, you see very soon that this place gets better and better! PM to ya sir! Also, as far as a Jackson, TN herf, count me in. I am in Cleveland, TN so its about 3hrs for me!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Jackson Herf idea keeps getting better and better :)