Home Non Cigar Related
Options

TMI or possibly personal...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So my wife got an IUD shortly after our daughter was born. Since then my wife had been having horrible pains from it. So it had to be removed. Well birth control has now come down to my responsibility. As of this Thursday i will be under the knife for the first time in my life for the snipping. anyone have advice as to what to expect or a good way to help the recovery go smoothly? Im kinda nervous being about my first major medical procedure. i am in no way concerned about my butt being stuck to the couch all weekend though. lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Frozen peas and beer... think that covers it
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    So my wife got an IUD shortly after our daughter was born. Since then my wife had been having horrible pains from it. So it had to be removed. Well birth control has now come down to my responsibility. As of this Thursday i will be under the knife for the first time in my life for the snipping. anyone have advice as to what to expect or a good way to help the recovery go smoothly? Im kinda nervous being about my first major medical procedure. i am in no way concerned about my butt being stuck to the couch all weekend though. lol
    I'm next I think so I will look forward to a follow up post...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice!!! Elevated legs and two pairs of underwear!
  • Options
    So far I'm hearing elevation, ice, good support and booze... That's quite doable. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    All the guys do it in the fall because they get 2 days of sports. You'll be fine bro and try not to sweat it.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I got my wife spayed when she had our son :D
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Your wife will now owe you big time.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It's no big deal.. The only advice I have, during my procedure, for some reason there was a mirror positioned in such a way that I could see what he was doing... Don't look. Pain is minimal, the nurse shaving you is a little embarrassing, at least for me, even if you shave at home, she/he will do a touch up, and it is cold in the room so you can't be exactly proud of what your packing. Just saying. Actually I would suggest it to anyone. And when you go back for a "follow up" she will hand you a cup and ask for a sample...Awkward.
  • Options
    Yeah I have to shave the night before. I hope they don't have to do touch ups. Lol I'm nervous as crap about shaving. lol but if I get cut at least I'll have a sample of what it's gonna feel like the next day.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Well my doc did mine with a rusty spoon, so mine got infected.......

2 tangerines in a small paper sack is what it looked like for a week.......

Doc muddy hands said "if the swelling doesn't go down soon, we will have to drain them".......

I said, "riiiiiiiiiight"
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DON'T DO IT!! Had mine done in March and it was the worst thing I have ever done. Figure so many men do it so I didn't research anything about it. Huge mistake. Look online and read the horror stories and years of suffering some men go through after this procedure. I know plenty of guys who have had zero issues and went right back to work.

TMI but I now have bladder spasms, extreme pain in both testicles, other pain and discomfort in the area, and more I do not want to discuss. Some men say this lasts about a year and goes away but some say they have issues for years. There are even doctors who do not agree with the procedure.

Talk it over with your doctor and get all the facts. I had a great doctor. Procedure was smooth and painless. No complications. Ice packs, frozen peas, frozen hash browns, frozen stir fry vegetables all work wonders. Couldn't lift anything heavy for a week. Problems started after. Had no issues before.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Had a buddy try to play a soccer game a day and a half after closing down his business....bad, BAD idea. Though the ladies on our team got a good laugh over handing him a maxi-pad for the trip to the ER to get his boys stitched back up.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Had a buddy try to play a soccer game a day and a half after closing down his business....bad, BAD idea. Though the ladies on our team got a good laugh over handing him a maxi-pad for the trip to the ER to get his boys stitched back up.
    The incision was less than a half inch, Topical anesthesia was all they used, Less pain than getting stitches... a small hook like instrument was used to reach the vas deference, (ducts that they will be closing off) They were folded over and tied off, snipped, and then sealed off. NO Blood at all. I am telling you. Nothing to worry about. This was my experience. They gave me extra strength Tylenol which I never even used.
  • Options
    Tomorrow morning I go under the knife. Send good vibes if you can! :) I know my buddies and I will appreciate it :)
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Tomorrow morning I go under the knife. Send good vibes if you can! :) I know my buddies and I will appreciate it :)
    I'll have a smoke for ya tomorrow!
  • Options
    New Boots:
    LiquidChaos66:

you are a good man!
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    New Boots:
    LiquidChaos66:

you are a good man!
    Ah...Searching your fav's....Cohiba Red Dots...I have a few. I've found a winner!
  • Options
    I've been saving my red dot for after my recover! :) nom!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    If you watch the doctor you can see smoke.........lol:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Lmfao!!!! No. No thanks!
  • Options
    For you my friend

• Options
    Many thanks! Wish I could be there smoking with you instead of this. Lol in I go!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    No matter how good you feel after....DO NOT DO ANYTHING! Totally serious about that...have a few friends with crazy stories from doing stupid things cause 'it felt fine'...yup, sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, but they were sadly mistaken. Nothing physical, even having a cooler at your couchside complete with a few replacement bags of peas, drinks or whatever you expect to need. Just do nothing but rest with the pea bag..or rather the bag of peas on your bag or ....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    No matter how good you feel after....DO NOT DO ANYTHING! Totally serious about that...have a few friends with crazy stories from doing stupid things cause 'it felt fine'...yup, sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, but they were sadly mistaken. Nothing physical, even having a cooler at your couchside complete with a few replacement bags of peas, drinks or whatever you expect to need. Just do nothing but rest with the pea bag..or rather the bag of peas on your bag or ....
    tHIS IS GOOD ADVICE. yOU WILL FEEL PRETTY GOOD AND YOU CAN TRICK YOURSELF INTO GETTING UP OFF THE COUCH AND DOING STUFF. dont! (sORRY i GOT THAT CAPSLOCK ON BUT i'M NOT GONNA REDO IT> ****! I'm still doing it!)
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I froze my nuts off (pun very much intended) in solidarity.

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    LONGEST DRIVE HOME EVER!!!!!
  • Options
    Cohibas everywhere!!!! :) you Guys are da best! :)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying for a speedy recovery bub.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Side note: Roland...PM
  • Options
    So day after.... It snows. I can't play out in the snow with my wife and daughter. :( lol sucks!!!!